Heating Pad?

tooldini

I have a plant I am growing and due to space restraints right now it is in a very small PC case, but now that winter is here I am having problems with temps. It seems to be only staying just under 70 usually around 68 or so the last few days. I have repotted the plant and it is a little droopy from that, but I don't think the cool temps are helping.I have 4 CFL's but man they run cool. Has anyone every used a heating pad to keep the soil warm and possibly warm the box some? Last resort is moving the box but wife is sometimes bitchy LOL

68 not too bad. I got the same issue in my new veg/clone room. It's not fully insulated yet and I have to run the lights 24/7 just to keep it at 68. Clones are still taking roots and veg plants are still growing pretty good.

but ya a heating pad should work to heat that little space. It wouldn't habe to even be under the plant, just in the enclosufe should be enought.

I have a plant I am growing and due to space restraints right now it is in a very small PC case, but now that winter is here I am having problems with temps. It seems to be only staying just under 70 usually around 68 or so the last few days. I have repotted the plant and it is a little droopy from that, but I don't think the cool temps are helping.I have 4 CFL's but man they run cool. Has anyone every used a heating pad to keep the soil warm and possibly warm the box some? Last resort is moving the box but wife is sometimes bitchy LOL

put pad under wifey during those techy times, and under the plants at others. mite want to chek pad temp with thermometer before putting directly beneath plant, i have boiled roots before and stunted, even killed prizes. If plants in soil, limit soil moisture, that plus heat can cook roots. I think I'd want pad temp to top out under 95 if putting directly under the baby.

It is a purple Jem, ruderalis,indica,sativa hybrid. Stays very very small done in 60 days. I think the problem is mostly that I transplanted at the same time temps were low. I put in bigger pot and watered a lot. Probably still kinda P'd off from that still. I was just checking to make sure that temp was not too low. I have heard some plants are very sensitive to temps,, probably just high temps though I guess.

man what strain are you growing where it cant handle 68 degrees? i personally get just fine growth at the temp even a bit colder. if your plants not doing good its not cuz its cold. 68 isnt cold. lol wtf its a plant

Yea I hear that! thats not cold!! (open up the closet door or put it next to a p.c where it blends) its stealth rite?

What do you do in them lil things, just put them rite into budd? What kinda yeild if you dont mind? Im thinkin of making one, but im thinking more like a stealth dresser (chest) try to get almost 3ft out of em! maybe 3 plants?

Peace

FTW

Jim

Stupid me figured it out,, I just had it only a couple inches off the ground which is a concrete slab with some carpet over it and it is cold. I raised the case a couple feet up and now temps are in the upper 70's and tappin the 80's. Hey Phaq there are lots of people makin the stealth cabinets. I have 4 CFL's in my PC case, each is 26-36 watts. I grew a Purple Jem, which is a lowryder by the Joint Doctor. It is a Rudarelis/indica/sativa hybrid. Mine was stunted really bad when young so only grew to around 4" tall. I think normally they are over twice that. I got approx 7 grams dried off one fat bud LOL I also pollinated it so I have 50 seeds at my house and a friend that I gave the other have of the bud to has seeds also. The buzz is not very strong but lasts a long time. I smoked some the other night when my knee and hip was hurting and it totally wipped out the pain and didn't mess my head up too much. I harvested when the trichs were mostly cloudy with some amber ones. My friend smoked a joint and said it was really really nice and unlike me he has been smoking for many years. sorry to ramble but this stuff is TOO FUN :thumbsu:

http://i1096.photobucket.com/albums/g340/tooldini/purplejemBud.jpg

Archived