Possesion Of Plants

shortdog265

It doesn't really state clearly who the plants belong to as far as I can tell... i might be wrong i've read the thing 10 times but i'm no lawyer.

It is worded like you are growing for the patient as a caregiver or you are assisting the patient. To me they belong to the patient because you are growing for them and you have to be connected to your patient in order to grow their 12 plants... but like i say i'm not a lawyer. here's some cut/paste

(e) A registered primary caregiver may receive compensation for costs associated with assisting a registered qualifying patient in the medical use of marihuana. Any such compensation shall not constitute the sale of controlled substances.

(2) for each registered qualifying patient who has specified that the primary caregiver will be allowed under state law to cultivate marihuana for the qualifying patient, 12 marihuana plants kept in an enclosed, locked facility; and

My view is as Broken has stated.

Some will speak in terms of who is in possession. If I have your house or car key, do I now own you house or car?

Grewett is correct in saying that a written agreement will help. Keeping in mind that under Section 4, a patient can have a caregiver and still posses all the plants, and that a caregiver can only have plants if he/she has a patient.

It doesn't really state clearly who the plants belong to as far as I can tell... i might be wrong i've read the thing 10 times but i'm no lawyer.

It is worded like you are growing for the patient as a caregiver or you are assisting the patient. To me they belong to the patient because you are growing for them and you have to be connected to your patient in order to grow their 12 plants... but like i say i'm not a lawyer. here's some cut/paste

(e) A registered primary caregiver may receive compensation for costs associated with assisting a registered qualifying patient in the medical use of marihuana. Any such compensation shall not constitute the sale of controlled substances.

(2) for each registered qualifying patient who has specified that the primary caregiver will be allowed under state law to cultivate marihuana for the qualifying patient, 12 marihuana plants kept in an enclosed, locked facility; and

I would say the minute you sign on the c.g they are the c.g's plants that they need to take care of said patient! if you change c.g's the plants are to be takin out to the cg's plant count, now if you didnt pay for the plants and tend to the plants, why would you think they are yours? if something happens and the c.g gets harrassed by leo, are they going to come arrest you also if you are not near your plants? no...They are the c.g's plants,(rite now im a patient only) I am in the process of signing a c.g rite now, and our deal is he gives me 4 plants at least evey 90 days, he gave me a sample last nite, a zip of some cali kush, very nice, when he came to meet me at a friends house he brought me a lil over a zip, 2nd meeting and i havent signed him yet! Im pretty sure I am going to though! he is a very good grower, been doing it for over 20yrs, has 7 patients between him and his wife, also the price of a zip if i need more is 125!!!!! and he will give me as much swag as i want for oil and medibles! if things dont work out down the road wtith this c.g, I will simply change c.g's! and not even be concerned of the plants he grew, he procured, and he spent time and money on, No deposits! no return! lol

Peace

FTW

Jim

Guest Happy Guy

What's most important is who can legally possess them. The card says who that is. They are the only one to possess so what difference does it make who 'owns' them? The only gray area is when the one who can possess changes when you do a change. The gray area is when to be sure exactly when the 'change' occurs. MDCH has muddied this up with their lack of due diligence getting things done, otherwise it would be a solid 20 days or less.

They r the caregivers IMO. If not why wld u pay for finished meds if their yours anyway. Unless u sign a c/g and give him starter plants. If someone signed me and later dropped me and wanted their almost done plants id tell them they r crazy. Then I would have to fix my count or find a new patient. So I have one patient, so I can grow 12 plants for him but they r mine to choose how I grow etc. Its my job to give him quality meds at a fair price. If he isn't satisfied he finds a new caregiver. That's my take.

Ok i have heard from the CG's side of things here. I had my CG raided killed all the plants . I had to make other arrangements to get meds at my cost. He won his case and LEO is to give back his grow op guns back and such. But when it gets down who would get compensated for LEO killing the plants you will read in the law where the plants belong to the patient without a patient a caregiver cant caregive now can he. So for what it is worth the law is going to say the plants belong to a patient CG's just cant grow plants without a patient . Im not here to say a patient would say i dont like you any more Mr C G so im here to pick up my 12 plants. The CG would just have to adjust his plant count so he has nuff cards for his plant count. Destroy the others i guess or what

ever but a CG's plant count is his BABY

Without Patients Guess There Be No Need For A Caregiver HUH

Ok i have heard from the CG's side of things here. I had my CG raided killed all the plants . I had to make other arrangements to get meds at my cost. He won his case and LEO is to give back his grow op guns back and such. But when it gets down who would get compensated for LEO killing the plants you will read in the law where the plants belong to the patient without a patient a caregiver cant caregive now can he. So for what it is worth the law is going to say the plants belong to a patient CG's just cant grow plants without a patient . Im not here to say a patient would say i dont like you any more Mr C G so im here to pick up my 12 plants. The CG would just have to adjust his plant count so he has nuff cards for his plant count. Destroy the others i guess or what

ever but a CG's plant count is his BABY

Without Patients Guess There Be No Need For A Caregiver HUH

There ya Go! :goodjob: i realy dont care who wants to say whos plants they are, I like the one above that said. If it is a patient that simply is ready to start growing their own, Yea Id prob give em some plants, and clones, and advise! thats not a prob! Id love to hear more storys like that, than the ones we hear from both cgs and pt's! when there is an amicable drop c.g and there is time for patient to get a room ready! id hook him up with some in flower, veg, and clone, and maybe a mother!

C.g gets to get the count down, and patient gets a good start of a grow!

Unfortunatly most c.g pt splits are mostly not amicable!

Merry Christmas!

Peace

FTW

Jim

Phaquetoo aka Jim says:

...and he will give me as much swag as i want for oil and medibles...

I'm not familiar with "swag" what exactly is that?

http://education.yahoo.com/reference/dictionary/entry/swag

a. An ornamental drapery or curtain draped in a curve between two points.

b. An ornamental festoon of flowers or fruit.

c. A carving or plaster molding of such an ornament.

2. Slang Stolen property; loot.

3. Australian The pack or bundle containing the personal belongings of a swagman.

4. Slang Herbal tea in a plastic sandwich bag sold as marijuana to an unsuspecting customer.

intr.v.

swagged, swag·ging, swags

1. Chiefly British To lurch or sway.

2. Australian To travel about with a pack or swag.

=========================================================

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/swag

swag (swg)

n.

a. An ornamental drapery or curtain draped in a curve between two points.

b. An ornamental festoon of flowers or fruit.

c. A carving or plaster molding of such an ornament.

2. Promotional items, especially when given for free, considered as a group.

3. Slang Stolen property; loot.

4. Australian The pack or bundle containing the personal belongings of a swagman.

5. Slang Herbal tea in a plastic sandwich bag sold as marijuana to an unsuspecting customer.

intr.v. swagged, swag·ging, swags

1. Chiefly British To lurch or sway.

2. Australian To travel about with a pack or swag.

I can not believe this is even a issue! As a patient w/a CG that grows for you, it's still a costumer/retailer relationship(you didn't own the plants when you bought off the street or buying from a club). If you want to own your plants you would need a CG to come to your residence to care of your garden or do it yourself. Even if you provide genetics you still would only have a minor stake in the grow, kind of like buying stock in a company. You get a small return, like free and or discounted meds.

This how I feel as a patient.

I think he may be offering to put

new drapery or curtain draped in your house ... :thumbsu:

Heck of a Christmas Gift ....

Woooo you put alot of time in all the meanings of swag!! (ill go with the tea one lol)

Dj there is no waist in the plant!

Waist not want Not!

Merry Christmas!

Peace

FTW

Jim

Archived