Judge Says Pot Dispensary Ok

escobar

I have been puffing for 4 decades, I don't think my vocabulary is going to change now because I got a shiny card.

I smoked my first joint at a SugarLoaf Concert held in my High School's auditorium in April 1975 and my vocabulary changed in 2007 most riki tik when I got in a conversation about the benefits of cannabis and after I said 3 or 4 lines she said "what is this cannabis and who invented it"? and the look on her face when I told her cannabis is the Latin word for Marijuana was beyond priceless. I have not said pot or weed or any such since. Semantics changes attitudes changes behaviors changes cultures changes the world.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This judges ruling is confusing. At one instance he states that patient to patient transfers fall soundly within the law but he also states that the defendants are protected because they are caregivers and allowed to receive compensation for their costs. So are patient to patient transfers ok but caregivers the only ones allowed to receive compensation? Can somebody help me out here.

Great news for the entire community!!! :goodjob:

Can we start using cannabis in place of all the other "slang" that is associated with the illegal side of marijuana.

Medical marijuana and Cannabis I believe will be easier for people to accept. May just be semantics to us but to our opposition pot equals crime.

Peace

I feel as you do about the word pot.

I call up the Oakland Press every time they use that word in a headline to one of their articles.

They don't like talking to me - imagine that! :growl::devil::sword:

Mizerman

p.s. Happy Festivus :lol::rock::P

So, how many Dispensaries are going to start up now, in Mt. Pleasant ?

How many will the city allow ?

How many could the Patients in and around Mt. Pleasant support ?

Will the opening of more Dispenaries drive the price down ? Or, is the price going to be kept pretty much the same, just more places and strains ?

Will a judge in a different County be able to use this as a precedent, and rule in favor in their County ?

How long before the Appeal ?

This is going to get the ball rolling. I hope we get to keep the current Patient/Caregiver law, plus add in legal Dispensaries across the state.

So, how many people are looking for Commercial property to rent, lease, or buy ?

Peace !!

This judges ruling is confusing. At one instance he states that patient to patient transfers fall soundly within the law but he also states that the defendants are protected because they are caregivers and allowed to receive compensation for their costs. So are patient to patient transfers ok but caregivers the only ones allowed to receive compensation? Can somebody help me out here.

The judge wrote that the caregiver's patients approved of the transfers. I would imagine they get it in writing.

This is a BIG win for us. :goodjob: :goodjob:

Also note the honorable way the prosecutor handled this case. No criminal charges, no Nazi's breaking down the doors, no stealing medicine, no fraudulent ID's, no entrapment. They just filed a CIVIL case (not a criminal case) asking the judge to order the Dispensary shut down.

God bless everyone involved in this case-

--the Defendants and dispensary operators: :thumbsu:

--The judge :goodjob: :goodjob: :goodjob:

--Van Dussen for letting us know about this so soon: :goodjob: :goodjob:

--And even the Prosecutor- you have my respect sir! :goodjob:

I gotta agree with that....

I smoked my first joint at a SugarLoaf Concert held in my High School's auditorium in April 1975 and my vocabulary changed in 2007 most riki tik when I got in a conversation about the benefits of cannabis and after I said 3 or 4 lines she said "what is this cannabis and who invented it"? and the look on her face when I told her cannabis is the Latin word for Marijuana was beyond priceless. I have not said pot or weed or any such since. Semantics changes attitudes changes behaviors changes cultures changes the world.

Think what you want, but think before you say a word. The idea that pot or weed is the appropriate word to use for helping the cause is not in our favor. Thanks dutchess&Dutchess for sharing a word of enlightenment. "A word fitly spoken is like apples of gold in pictures of silver".

• 5 months later...

That's good for us. Right now this is a ruling that can't be used in other courts.

If the COA rules in our favor, then it will be something that can be used in every court in the state.

and the beat go's on LOL we are all waiting on it to get back from the courts

Guest Happy Guy

This is a case for patient to patient transfer. This is not what most dispensaries are doing. This model, where patients are the suppliers for other patients, is a winner. But it isn't what the states want. They want a monopoly where they make all the money and patients CAN'T GROW. The distinction is very important when watching these cases. Don't be fooled by bait and switch like what is happening in Arizona. Their dispensary state model doesn't match this at all. It's a whole different animal.

That's good for us. Right now this is a ruling that can't be used in other courts.

If the COA rules in our favor, then it will be something that can be used in every court in the state.

If the COA rules in our favor

they did inn are case but it did not even matter to Oakland Couty i guess they are their own State

Archived