Guidlines, Laws And Ordinaces For Dispensary?

Patd662002

I hope this doesn't sound too ignorant, i'm just trying to learn. I have a very basic understanding of Laws, guidlines and ordinances for dispensarys, but I would want to know all the details. Unless I missed it, I read through the Medical Marijuna Act, and it doesn't address much of this specifically. Can someone please send me in the right direction?

Thanks,

Pat

good luck.. there's a lot of opinion here... the way the dispensaries are trying to work is through patient to patient transfer. The dispensary owner and people working behind the counter are patients they are only selling to patients... there's controversy if whether or not patient to patient transfer is legal.

So if patient to patient transfers are legal then dispensaries and compassion clubs are too... Problem to me is that they require you to pay taxes on the bud that you sell to them... and how do you pay federal tax on something that's illegal.

It's sort of up in the air at this point... things are moving slowly and court cases will decide the fate of all of this in the long run.

good luck.. there's a lot of opinion here... the way the dispensaries are trying to work is through patient to patient transfer. The dispensary owner and people working behind the counter are patients they are only selling to patients... there's controversy if whether or not patient to patient transfer is legal.

So if patient to patient transfers are legal then dispensaries and compassion clubs are too... Problem to me is that they require you to pay taxes on the bud that you sell to them... and how do you pay federal tax on something that's illegal.

It's sort of up in the air at this point... things are moving slowly and court cases will decide the fate of all of this in the long run.

Interesting...are there any laws and limitations on how many caregivers and or patients can be growing in one location?

Interesting...are there any laws and limitations on how many caregivers and or patients can be growing in one location?

Courts are just now figuring out that they are legal and unregulated in Michigan.

When the law was first proposed, it contained a dispensary regulation system in it. Some people objected.

So they took out the dispensary regulation section.

What is left it the wild west :) No regulations while still legal.

Needless to say .. "they" don't like it.

Courts are just now figuring out that they are legal and unregulated in Michigan.

When the law was first proposed, it contained a dispensary regulation system in it. Some people objected.

So they took out the dispensary regulation section.

What is left it the wild west :) No regulations while still legal.

Needless to say .. "they" don't like it.

Thanks for the history lesson, PB. I hadn't heard of that having happened. Seems like you could make a good story out of this if the people who had that section of the proposed law removed were associated with the current prosecution of dispensaries or the current attempt to label the MMJ law 'vague' or 'unenforceable'.

as far as i know 12 is 12 locked up you should be OK but I'm not going to do it we are all ready inn court

also Wecome here

Peace From The Front

Im not sure that I understand what you are saying. I understand that one caregiver can have 5 patients with 12 plants each. Thats a total of 60 plants. To better clarify my question... Could there be 2 caregivers with 5 patients each for a total of 120 plants? and then 3 caregivers with 5 patients each for a total of 180 plants? what are the limits?

Im not sure that I understand what you are saying. I understand that one caregiver can have 5 patients with 12 plants each. Thats a total of 60 plants. To better clarify my question... Could there be 2 caregivers with 5 patients each for a total of 120 plants? and then 3 caregivers with 5 patients each for a total of 180 plants? what are the limits?

There are no limits to what you describe. Nothing in Michigan law, anyway.

Feds could get excited real quick. Also there are a lot of areas in MI where the local leo's could get real excited.

The question you ask is waiting for a test case.

Yes, it is legal AND you could get arrested.

• 1 year later...

If I am a caregiver for 5 patients at 12 plants per patients and my plant yield exceeds more then 2.5 ounces per patient is that not a violation of the law?

Question # 2 How much marijuana can a dispensary have on hand at one time.

Question # 3 How does a dispensary go about getting marijuana to sell to it's patients when as a marijuana grower can only have 5 patients at 12 plants each.

The reason I am asking these questions is because I am not a marijuana patient and I do not smoke either but I am interested in becoming a caregiver and

wondering how I can also supply dispensaries with the medicine patients need without accidentally violating state & local laws and putting myself in jepordy.

• 2 months later...

From what I read about the law, it appears that you could not operate a dispensary without being a card holder or caregiver yourself. Otherwise, you are in illegal possession. And even then, being a caregiver would only allow you to have 5 customers maximum. you would have to do as suggested above and partner with other caregivers. But, in the end, you would only have a set number of known customers, and technically, you could only dispense to your 5. I would still like to know the rules about how to open a dispensary "for business". Is there a link, resource, etc which shows the process? Any help appreciated.

5. I would still like to know the rules about how to open a dispensary "for business".

The rules are simple. It's not what you know. It's who you know.

If everyone that could possibly give you grief is an old buddy, you can probably set up shop.

You have to talk to everyone and make sure every one of them will let you slide.

Those are the rules. What ever those people want are the rules.

• 2 months later...