New Center

new center

new center to offer med's to card carrying patients, with i.d. membership annual fee $10.00. Starting jan 7th, from 3-7pm and 12-6p on sat jan 8th. 8296 woodward det, inside luxury city.

Are you guys just goimng to sell your own meds or are you going to have something similiar to the Canna farmers Market in Battle Creek..?

I hope you guys are not going to be greed mongers and try and charge 25 a gram...that just makes me feek so bad for people forced to pay that high a price for something they can grow on their own...God willing that is.

I think it is more out of necessity then greed, a store can have very high overhead and needs a lot of money to stay afloat. I do agree that patients should grow for themselves or have a personal caregiver grow for them, but these stores do serve the need of supplying meds when these options are not available.

I think it is more out of necessity then greed, a store can have very high overhead and needs a lot of money to stay afloat. I do agree that patients should grow for themselves or have a personal caregiver grow for them, but these stores do serve the need of supplying meds when these options are not available.

Agreed.

I had to turn to one once after a pump failure. Better than the street.

Ok cheaper than stree ...lol..not even close. I can get a eigth of meds 50-55 from street guys all day. 25.00 a gramis a joke....3.5 grams x 25.00=87.5 your telling me that is cheaper than street I can get quarters from my old streets guys for 90.00...I beg to differ friend.

Well I did hear one spot in oakland county is selling eigths for 65-75.00 so I stand corrected. My bad. Thats is not even close though to street.

Some people just need to be real and call it for what it is. GREED. I hope the New center guys will be humble and charge fair rates. we need more good people in the community not people being greedy. So many people without jobs in this state though it really makes it tempting to enter a profession that allows you to get high all day and then turn to sick people for money and charge them an arm and a leg all inthe name of Med MJ. Sorry guys not trying to Hi-jack your thread I am done with adding to this. Going back to my garden to procure some very high grade to provide at extremly fair prices.

peace.

Ok cheaper than stree ...lol..not even close. I can get a eigth of meds 50-55 from street guys all day. 25.00 a gramis a joke....3.5 grams x 25.00=87.5 your telling me that is cheaper than street I can get quarters from my old streets guys for 90.00...I beg to differ friend.

Well I did hear one spot in oakland county is selling eigths for 65-75.00 so I stand corrected. My bad. Thats is not even close though to street.

Some people just need to be real and call it for what it is. GREED. I hope the New center guys will be humble and charge fair rates. we need more good people in the community not people being greedy. So many people without jobs in this state though it really makes it tempting to enter a profession that allows you to get high all day and then turn to sick people for money and charge them an arm and a leg all inthe name of Med MJ. Sorry guys not trying to Hi-jack your thread I am done with adding to this. Going back to my garden to procure some very high grade to provide at extremly fair prices.

peace.

an 1/8 of meds for 50-55? and 1/4 for 90 ?! Talk about street guys. (soundslike highway robbery guys) lol! They are prob selling to the dispenses!

At this time it is not worth me to Grow my own!

all I need to do is keep our house limit close, I pay any where from 125 to 240 an oz of realy good quality meds!, For the amount I am using,(now that I pretty much only vape) its more cost effective to purchase it at this time, from street guys. or c.g's that are willing to deal with a pt they are not connected to on paper! or p to p transfers!

No sense arguing over prices! I realy dont care what anyone charges or dont charge for there meds, it is there business and if some one is willing to pay for it, well god bless em! Id like to see alot more dispenses, maybe they would have a price war (not over priced war lol) either way lets hope they are able to be there for those that are in need and have no other options!

Merry Christmas!

Peace

FTW

Jim

p.s It is great you are providing quality meds at fair prices! Thank you for what you do! like tarzan says one act of kindness at a time!, you just keep going, there are many of us out here who help those in need when we can!

Sure prices are a rip. Right?

And guys on the street pay taxes, income and social security. Righteous doods for sure.

A legit bus (corporation) following state tax law and fed tax tax law including Internal Revenue Code Section 280e does not, indeed cannot deduct one dollar not one penny expended to generate income. They legally according to the Federal government do no have an expense that they are allowed to deduct. So (for example) if the dispensary grosses $1000 in a day's business, they owe taxes on the thou of approximately $420. Sure they got the bud for free--it was donated by the most compassionate growers around who are independently wealthy and doing it only as a hobby, so the other $580 was profit for the dispensary cause they don't pay rent or labor or utilities or social security or anything else. So the owner of the dispensary is a definite ripoff artist profiting $580 every day sales gross $1000. He is so gross a crimey no-compassion snake.

So buy off the street, the dealer isn't ripping anybody, follows the laws, pays his taxes, please, please buy off the street so you aren't supporting the thieving dishonest ripping guy doing business in the medical marijuana dispensary.

an 1/8 of meds for 50-55? and 1/4 for 90 ?! Talk about street guys. (soundslike highway robbery guys) lol! They are prob selling to the dispenses!

all I need to do is keep our house limit close, I pay any where from 125 to 240 an oz of realy good quality meds!, For the amount I am using,(now that I pretty much only vape) its more cost effective to purchase it at this time, from street guys. or c.g's that are willing to deal with a pt they are not connected to on paper! or p to p transfers!

No sense arguing over prices! I realy dont care what anyone charges or dont charge for there meds, it is there business and if some one is willing to pay for it, well god bless em! Id like to see alot more dispenses, maybe they would have a price war (not over priced war lol) either way lets hope they are able to be there for those that are in need and have no other options!

Merry Christmas!

Peace

FTW

Jim

p.s It is great you are providing quality meds at fair prices! Thank you for what you do! like tarzan says one act of kindness at a time!, you just keep going, there are many of us out here who help those in need when we can!

LOL> at Price war...Come to think about it just about everything in life is a battle these days. So many issues going in the world for sure..!!!

If any of you study economics whach what might happen to the worlds dollars if Europe continues to fall like domino's....

We are currently doing some crazy stuff..iuts so funny its called "Quantataive Easing" we are essentially just printing money and created it out of the clear blue sky. Its actually really funny....

So Price wars....have you evere seen a discount store like Dollar General not doing decent business...? It's a sign that more people are seeking cheaper inferior in most cases products. Economics is some cool stuff to follow.

Merry Christmas!

Peace

FTW

Jim

LOL> at Price war...Come to think about it just about everything in life is a battle these days. So many issues going in the world for sure..!!!

If any of you study economics whach what might happen to the worlds dollars if Europe continues to fall like domino's....

We are currently doing some crazy stuff..iuts so funny its called "Quantataive Easing" we are essentially just printing money and created it out of the clear blue sky. Its actually really funny....

So Price wars....have you evere seen a discount store like Dollar General not doing decent business...? It's a sign that more people are seeking cheaper inferior in most cases products. Economics is some cool stuff to follow.

"men lie, women lie, numbers don't" -Jay Z I think in this line he was dissing lil waynes track in a recent song...haha

Sure prices are a rip. Right?

And guys on the street pay taxes, income and social security. Righteous doods for sure.

A legit bus (corporation) following state tax law and fed tax tax law including Internal Revenue Code Section 280e does not, indeed cannot deduct one dollar not one penny expended to generate income. They legally according to the Federal government do no have an expense that they are allowed to deduct. So (for example) if the dispensary grosses $1000 in a day's business, they owe taxes on the thou of approximately $420. Sure they got the bud for free--it was donated by the most compassionate growers around who are independently wealthy and doing it only as a hobby, so the other $580 was profit for the dispensary cause they don't pay rent or labor or utilities or social security or anything else. So the owner of the dispensary is a definite ripoff artist profiting $580 every day sales gross $1000. He is so gross a crimey no-compassion snake.

So buy off the street, the dealer isn't ripping anybody, follows the laws, pays his taxes, please, please buy off the street so you aren't supporting the thieving dishonest ripping guy doing business in the medical marijuana dispensary.

Dude niether are payingx taxes. Do you evenknow how the dispensaries classify what they are doing..? They call it a service so they are TAX EXCEMPT in many ways. A 501c isn't paying jack either....

Lets see how Harborside Health in Cali comes thru thier IRS audit currently going on.....

MI clubs, 501's, dispensaries whatever you call them are small blimps on the radar compared to out west. In the west they rake in Millions are have TRUE MEDICAL GRADE. Half these clowns in MIchigan can't grow yet because 90% of them just hopped in the game.

Dude niether are payingx taxes. Do you evenknow how the dispensaries classify what they are doing..? They call it a service so they are TAX EXCEMPT in many ways. A 501c isn't paying jack either....

Lets see how Harborside Health in Cali comes thru thier IRS audit currently going on.....

MI clubs, 501's, dispensaries whatever you call them are small blimps on the radar compared to out west. In the west they rake in Millions are have TRUE MEDICAL GRADE. Half these clowns in MIchigan can't grow yet because 90% of them just hopped in the game.

This is pic book and I think I'm the 'dude' you referred to, and if so you're right. I'm certainly not a dudette.

What is the standard increase from retail to wholesale? Pick your industry, any industry (with the exception of new prescrption pharmaceuticals still under patent without generic competition). It's the 'keystone,' the fancy way of saying it doubles.

So in the simplest sense the thing to expect when an ounce of medical mj changes hands from grower to retailer is that when that ounce or pound or kilo is resold the price doubles. Call the buyer aquiring quantities and piecing out in smaller ones a dispensary, a compassion club, or a more disparaging term, as in most commerce throughout the world from retail to wholesale the price doubles--to cover costs and to make a profit.

If no one pays taxes and that is what the law declares to be legitimate then the cost from grower to retailer should be a litttle bit lower to make up for that, and thus after keystoning the product the price the wholesaler sells it for should be a bit lower than it would otherwise be.

The fact this has not occurred in cannabis is the rule in black markets--it doesn't drop in black markets--whether called legal markets or presumed to be legal markets--meaning growers and retailers and wholesalers believe the legal (criminal) risk to be nearly undiminished from the market's previous condition.

Could the FEDERAL government have something to do with the market's functioning on this belief?

You are confusing some issues here. Clubs and dispensaries are two different entities even though it is not always obvious in daily operations. Yes a 501c is exempt from paying taxes but the individuals working there are not. So if you take a salary for working there then you pay individual taxes and get either a 1040 or a 1099 at the end of the year just like anyone else. a 501c run correctly will only have operating cash and no more.

Dispensaries are not tax exempt because they are a service. Their services are exempt from SALES TAX ONLY. The business still has to pay business tax and the individuals have to pay individual tax just like any other business.

Realize that you are not getting any store front for less that $1500 per month. Michigan has a single business tax on top of the Michigan tax. Electricity and phone lines all cost monthly. The company I work for pays $750 PER MONTH for their ad in the phone book for crying out loud. Anyone with a business background knows that these guys are charging what they need to in order to keep the doors open and make a decent living doing it. As demand and competition rises the prices may come down but that will mean they have to increase sales to continue to stay in business. If the prices are too high for you then don't do business with them. But some folks would rather pay the high prices than mess with growing or can't find a caregiver they are compatible with.

I'm sure you are right about the quality issue. Marijuana is new in Michigan but like out west things will get better if we work together and demand med grade. The dispensaries and clubs that can't offer that will be out of business.

You are confusing some issues here. Clubs and dispensaries are two different entities even though it is not always obvious in daily operations. Yes a 501c is exempt from paying taxes but the individuals working there are not. So if you take a salary for working there then you pay individual taxes and get either a 1040 or a 1099 at the end of the year just like anyone else. a 501c run correctly will only have operating cash and no more.

Dispensaries are not tax exempt because they are a service. Their services are exempt from SALES TAX ONLY. The business still has to pay business tax and the individuals have to pay individual tax just like any other business.

Realize that you are not getting any store front for less that $1500 per month. Michigan has a single business tax on top of the Michigan tax. Electricity and phone lines all cost monthly. The company I work for pays $750 PER MONTH for their ad in the phone book for crying out loud. Anyone with a business background knows that these guys are charging what they need to in order to keep the doors open and make a decent living doing it. As demand and competition rises the prices may come down but that will mean they have to increase sales to continue to stay in business. If the prices are too high for you then don't do business with them. But some folks would rather pay the high prices than mess with growing or can't find a caregiver they are compatible with.

I'm sure you are right about the quality issue. Marijuana is new in Michigan but like out west things will get better if we work together and demand med grade. The dispensaries and clubs that can't offer that will be out of business.

I hear ya about costs...but they are VERY small on the map....

I am not going to talk any personal geared smack but I know for a fact that half these clowns have never even filed tax returns personal or let alone a Corporate Tax return. IN a TRUE 501c yep they have to pay 12.99% on the employee I believe as the fed tax match from employer (501c) to the w-2 employee. But cry me a river...I operated a business just about everything can be wiped out or wittled down with LEGAL accounting maneuvers.

I get you about costs and operating expenses I am business background. However I still see per gram 12-18 is fair market for 90% of the MED Grade.

In summary it is one thing to set up a business entity or dba with the state and feds and get a 38 number for your biz but entirely diff matter to properly file taxes. I mean we have cities like Detroit and businesses that have not paid taxes in years. So the odds of a Dispensary paying the "proper" amount in taxes...lol..I need to go hot my vaporizer again...cuz this has me laughing so hard my heart rate just sped up 500%..haha....

Davidl,

Just a picky detail regarding your statement that dispensaries don't pay sales taxes. In his opinion issued December 16, 2010 in Isabella County Judge Chamberlain gives as one reason, among others, that he denied the sheriff's bid to shut down the Apothecary and would not declare the dispensary a public nuisance, was that it had been paying sales taxes. Chamberlain cites 3 sources of income the business had; memberships, locker rentals, and a 20% cut of the value at which the medicine was transferred (price was set by the cardholder storing it there) and does not specify on which one of the three sources--or all of them--the Apothecary had been remitting sales taxes.

(I would post the pertinent section of Chamberlain's opinion here--Michael Komorn posted it in the legal forum--but I don't know how to make a link). I envy those who do, but you can find it Dec. 17 in Kororn's postings.

Davidl,

Just a picky detail regarding your statement that dispensaries don't pay sales taxes. In his opinion issued December 16, 2010 in Isabella County Judge Chamberlain gives as one reason, among others, that he denied the sheriff's bid to shut down the Apothecary and would not declare the dispensary a public nuisance, was that it had been paying sales taxes. Chamberlain cites 3 sources of income the business had; memberships, locker rentals, and a 20% cut of the value at which the medicine was transferred (price was set by the cardholder storing it there) and does not specify on which one of the three sources--or all of them--the Apothecary had been remitting sales taxes.

(I would post the pertinent section of Chamberlain's opinion here--Michael Komorn posted it in the legal forum--but I don't know how to make a link). I envy those who do, but you can find it Dec. 17 in Kororn's postings.

Here is a link to get to the entire document http://www.mtplcc.org/html/dispensary.html A PDF reader is required to view the document.

I would put up the link to Komorn's post, but I am not sure where it is.

peace.

I can somewhat understand why dispensaries need to charge so much. However, in some cases, like the CA in Mt. Pleasant for example, the caregiver chooses the price, not the dispensary.

As for the $50-55 for an eighth, the patients I have would consider that expensive and they would not pay it, they would probably choose "mexican". I live in a poor area, I don't believe that some of my patients would pay those prices for "street" or "medical" grade mj. Maybe it just depends on who you know and what area you live in as to what prices are acceptable.

In the High Times magazine there is a section where they show different prices from different cities around the country. You can see there that the prices vary quite a bit. In my opinion, this would prove that the same variance can occur in a single state.

;)

"As for the $50-55 for an eighth"

My Patient must be happy.....he pays half that for meds with more crystals than the $20/gr. store stuff !!

Some people in here say $7.15/gr. is too much, some say just right, some say too much.

Guess it depends on income, situation and location.

I hear ya about costs...but they are VERY small on the map....

I am not going to talk any personal geared smack but I know for a fact that half these clowns have never even filed tax returns personal or let alone a Corporate Tax return. IN a TRUE 501c yep they have to pay 12.99% on the employee I believe as the fed tax match from employer (501c) to the w-2 employee. But cry me a river...I operated a business just about everything can be wiped out or wittled down with LEGAL accounting maneuvers.

I get you about costs and operating expenses I am business background. However I still see per gram 12-18 is fair market for 90% of the MED Grade.

In summary it is one thing to set up a business entity or dba with the state and feds and get a 38 number for your biz but entirely diff matter to properly file taxes. I mean we have cities like Detroit and businesses that have not paid taxes in years. So the odds of a Dispensary paying the "proper" amount in taxes...lol..I need to go hot my vaporizer again...cuz this has me laughing so hard my heart rate just sped up 500%..haha....

I understand many are not paying the taxes they are supposed to. They are FOOLS and need to look up the history of Al Capone.

How much they can charge and keep the lights on will always be a matter of the quantity they sell.

I must admit after going to the Battle Creek farmers market yesterday I am thinking at those nice prices it is not worth the hassle and expense for most personal growers. At least with my wife and my needs for meds it seems a reasonable way to go. I also could not help but wonder how the other dispensaries are able to compete when there prices are 40% higher.

Guest OxXGarfieldXxO

Mods...Not sure what to do with this thread. Locking it till you guys figure it out.

This isn't a compassion club, and the users lack of ability to post in the Dispensary section is is probably the reason it was posted here. Regardless it's not in the right section.

Best

Archived