Clones For Members

new center

A previous post said "8926 Woodward, Detroit, inside Luxury City" (which when I googled came up as single-story building housing many beauty salon operators, and the address appeared possibly to sit not downtown but rather just outside Detroit city imits). Don't know, have not driven past though is only 5 miles from me). From this and other posts the past month, looks like a start-up dispensary, interesting. Wish them all the best.

A previous post said "8926 Woodward, Detroit, inside Luxury City" (which when I googled came up as single-story building housing many beauty salon operators, and the address appeared possibly to sit not downtown but rather just outside Detroit city imits). Don't know, have not driven past though is only 5 miles from me). From this and other posts the past month, looks like a start-up dispensary, interesting. Wish them all the best.

Drove past Luxury City today and since it was noon, despite the abandoned car with 2 flat tires kiddy corner frozen in ice, I stopped at 8296 Woodward (and it is in Detroit). It is down half a block from an independent pharmacy and nearly across from a Burger King and a block from a massive stone church. It is an old red brick two-story commercial building where the awning says, "Luxury City," with no other markings indicating the nature of its previous use.

The commercial single-entry door has a steel grate behind it which I found to be in perfect harmony with a neighborhood where if you have a mind to sleep on the curb you can ease your back on any of four used snowy mattresses on the same curb, and where the manager of the Burger King quit in 1982 due to the owner's refusing to allow 5 pistols behind the counter and according to the former manager, decreeing knives only. Of course the security is also in line with a jewelry store or pawn shop anywhere in Detroit. Today the BK workers are safe in their remodeled restaurant behind the triple thick glass and secure lazy susans, the kind that protect postal clerks and nearly any plaace without armed security guards that does cash transactions. Anyway, brutal as it sounds to folks in the Thumb or much of outstate, this is rather standard-issue Detroit.

I hope the club is very successful very fast and so financially can afford to buy the willingness of a landlord controlling a better address and relocate to some place next to maybe, say, a CVS. Behind the tempered glass and steel grate is evidence of recent remodeling(tools, sheet rocking)occurring behind it. The second story windows are boarded and painted red to match the red brick and those not boarded are blacked out. The location appears secure as the only other door is steel with heavy hinges. It faces the mattresses across the street.

Actually as I have (so far) had no success to find a location to put a compassion club in Detroit I do congratulate whomever is the driver behind this one but do find it disappointing that people who need to get medicine not available at CVS (to pick a chain to use as an example) must settle for this most desperate location.

63% of us voted for this state law to make the medicine available so where there is law there is hope that we can do better, and prayer may help. Lord knows, Detroit needs it.

I can understand how allot of people may be scared off by the environment described in the post above but that honestly describes 3/4 of detroit. I have lived in the area for roughly 28 years and this is just going to be the scene almost anywhere in detroit that a dispensary can be set up. Its rally all about how you carry your self. Bad people can see and smell weakness and it trigers their predatory instinct. walk strong with strong confident steps and do not stop to converse with anyone along the way, as people ask you for money, cigarets, ect. just keep walking and say nicly but firmly "sorry but I can't help you" or if you having a bad day and want to flower with them a bit "This motherfu@ker thinks I got money to just be givin away?, (I can't convey a point without vulgarities) I got my own drug habits to support... Motherfu@ker"!

The point is joke, be polite, or be a dick, but don't show fear!

Be aware of you surroundings, if you can't get out of the car without fear you probably should not get out of the car.

I give this advise to my mother when ever she goes to detroit or anywhere else sketchy.

I personally would rather enter into a place in this type of area rather than go to royal oak or some other crap donkey city where the government makes their own rules up and police are just itching to write tickets.

I have vary happy to see a place this close to me open up and I will attend often!

I can understand how allot of people may be scared off by the environment described in the post above but that honestly describes 3/4 of detroit. I have lived in the area for roughly 28 years and this is just going to be the scene almost anywhere in detroit that a dispensary can be set up. Its rally all about how you carry your self. Bad people can see and smell weakness and it trigers their predatory instinct. walk strong with strong confident steps and do not stop to converse with anyone along the way, as people ask you for money, cigarets, ect. just keep walking and say nicly but firmly "sorry but I can't help you" or if you having a bad day and want to flower with them a bit "This motherfu@ker thinks I got money to just be givin away?, (I can't convey a point without vulgarities) I got my own drug habits to support... Motherfu@ker"!

The point is joke, be polite, or be a dick, but don't show fear!

Be aware of you surroundings, if you can't get out of the car without fear you probably should not get out of the car.

I give this advise to my mother when ever she goes to detroit or anywhere else sketchy.

I personally would rather enter into a place in this type of area rather than go to royal oak or some other crap donkey city where the government makes their own rules up and police are just itching to write tickets.

I have vary happy to see a place this close to me open up and I will attend often!

I am all in favor of Detroit spots but in all honesty I have yet to see meds froma dispensary that can come close to my medicine on a bad day. Most of these guys were just ILLEGAL Busters that are trying to go legit. Not saying these guys are illegal or anything like that just that I hope they supply the spot with their own home grown or buy from local CG's and do not do anything STUPID as getting meds mailed in from out of state. The feds are clamping down on dumbo's that have large quantities mailed in from out of state. This is a sure way to catch some serious felonies by acepting meds trhu the mail.

SERIOUSLY BUY FUXING LOCAl. I sadly know of a few places that are engaging in risky activity as receiving mailed meds. Seriously this is really, really dumb.

Support our local economy buy LOCAL.<<<<!!!! Oh and please do not try to rip off patients by charging 25.00 a gram ,this is buy and far the quickest way to build a Hate Mail CLUB. i should know I dogg people ripping off patients all the time for over charging. 12-18.00 is very fair and still profitable.

Archived