Trainwreck Problem

totung

http://www.michiganmedicalmarijuana.org/uploads/1292528728/gallery_16042_442_77915.jpg

I have two Trainwreck plants that are in week 4 of veg.

Both are not quite 12 inches yet.

The photo shows the twisting leaves towards the bottom of the plant and the weird leaves at the top of the plant.

The weird leaves at the top stared about a week ago, but I didn't think anything of it. Then, I noticed the the lower leaves started twisting.

The other thing I noticed is there is frosty stuff starting to form at the top of the plant almost like it is in flower or something.

Both plants were started from clone.

The light is about 16 inches from the tops of the plants.

Soil is 1:1 pro-mix/perlite

I am using Fox Farm nutes and have been following the Fox Farm feeding schedule to the T.

Being "Frosty" is good-- because it is from clone- it is the same 'age" as the mother it was taken from, so is rarin to go... she'll pop-out the calxy's almost as soon as she hits 12/12...

the clawing however-- looks like either a Temperature issue- or nutes...

I'd flush them real well- then pour in a quart of your nutes at 1/2 rate... then do not water or feed till the top 2 inches of soil are dry-- then carry on with the feeding 1x a week, but lower your dose a bit.

Good Luck! Should be fine!

http://www.michiganmedicalmarijuana.org/uploads/1292528728/gallery_16042_442_77915.jpg

I have two Trainwreck plants that are in week 4 of veg.

Both are not quite 12 inches yet.

The photo shows the twisting leaves towards the bottom of the plant and the weird leaves at the top of the plant.

The weird leaves at the top stared about a week ago, but I didn't think anything of it. Then, I noticed the the lower leaves started twisting.

The other thing I noticed is there is frosty stuff starting to form at the top of the plant almost like it is in flower or something.

Both plants were started from clone.

The light is about 16 inches from the tops of the plants.

Soil is 1:1 pro-mix/perlite

I am using Fox Farm nutes and have been following the Fox Farm feeding schedule to the T.

Dont take the term flush 100% literal, its a flush over an amount of time: 2 hours for hydro, soil has different variables. Most people I know that grow soil and need a flush run it for atleast 24 hours straight Ph'd water to get all salts and excess nutes out of the medium and the root systrem and give them a fresh start per say

if heard the term flushed used in differnt ways. the first one is just feed your plants water for a few days NO NUTES. A caregiver friend of mine, when he flushes. lets say he has a 5 gallon pot. he pours 15 gallons of water threw the pot. then puts it back in his room. so i guess really however u wanna flush is up to you.

Dont take the term flush 100% literal, its a flush over an amount of time: 2 hours for hydro, soil has different variables. Most people I know that grow soil and need a flush run it for atleast 24 hours straight Ph'd water to get all salts and excess nutes out of the medium and the root systrem and give them a fresh start per say

They must have a 1000 gallon holding tank to be able to run was through the soil for 24 hours straight.

For sure not powdery mildew.

It looks like crystals that form when the plant is in flower which is why I was asking about it since they are not in flower.

The leaves and stem at the top of the plant has the crystals. They started forming about a week ago and continue to get more and more.

The light is 18/6 and has been ever since I put them in the room.

Really? Only 2 hours for hydro. I was under the impression you were to flush for 24 hours.

I meant that he waters 2 times in a 24 hour span with just PH'd water, obviously he does not have a 1000 gallon pot for a soil plant I thought that didnt have to be specified.

That makes sense.

I said 1000 gallon holding tank for water (not 1000 gallon pot) since I thought you meant the water was being dumped into the soil for a straight 24 hour period.

Really? Only 2 hours for hydro. I was under the impression you were to flush for 24 hours.

The two hours refers to a few products that I have used that suggest a 2 hour soak time to get all the salts and buildup off then back to nutes two hours later like this one: http://www.generalhydroponics.com/genhydro_US/florakleen.html

I use that every other sunday to clean out all of my tubs and get the roots nice and cleand for their new feeding

Isn't that called 'leeching'? Looks like way to much N to me. I would FLUSH (take your pot size and and double it) that is how I usually flush em if needed. Pour slow, test the pH of the run off and get it to what you want. Don't feed for awhile and start with a low dose of nutrients.

They are right around 11 inches in height.

If I do flush them, should I keep them in the veg room after or should I throw them into the flower room?

I would veg them for a couple days longer maybe a week to make sure you figured out the issues before she goes into flower. Make sure you test your run off before flushing as well, don't want to do it if it's not needed.

• 2 weeks later...

well, this is what they both look like on day 8 of flower (today)

http://www.michiganmedicalmarijuana.org/uploads/1293463611/gallery_16042_442_348470.jpg

i just want to make sure they aren't hermaphrodites, thus, causing one large problem in the flower room

every other plant in the flower room is going strong and showing buds, except the two trainwrecks

Archived