Post-Herpetic Neuralgia Qualifying Condition?

evenstar

My husband developed post-herpetic neuralgia from a shingles outbreak that has persisted for 3 months, with no relief in sight, and has had to use Gabapentin and Tramadol to control the pain, which leave him feeling toxified. My mmj gives him immediate relief. Would this condition qualify him for the mmmp card?

Evnstar

My husband developed post-herpetic neuralgia from a shingles outbreak that has persisted for 3 months, with no relief in sight, and has had to use Gabapentin and Tramadol to control the pain, which leave him feeling toxified. My mmj gives him immediate relief. Would this condition qualify him for the mmmp card?

Evnstar

All you need is the docs signature. Any compassionate doc understand zosters simplex or shingles conditions.

Evnstar

Evanstar thats cool, qualify him sounds like a perfect patient.(IMO) Just curios does he still need pain meds for pain maintenance, pain peaks?

Definitely qualifies imho. Cannabis is especially good for nerve pain and you have the chronic thing tied down.

I do have a question on the definition of "chronic." This type of neuralgia often vanishes completely and may reoccur in fits and starts. So the answer for this year is definitely qualifies but what about next year when the pain is gone (and has been gone for a long time?).

Doctors, doctors, give me the news.

Definitely qualifies imho. Cannabis is especially good for nerve pain and you have the chronic thing tied down.

I do have a question on the definition of "chronic." This type of neuralgia often vanishes completely and may reoccur in fits and starts. So the answer for this year is definitely qualifies but what about next year when the pain is gone (and has been gone for a long time?).

Doctors, doctors, give me the news.

The issue with herpes is that it prior t ooutbreak and or after can cause a sick feeling and also cause internal organ pains. So do you really not want to have your meds accessible when you are in pain..? I say uninteruppted supply because its no different thatg filling/refilling a pill script and we all know that docs like us to be medeicate4d and have an ample supply of drugs ready to ingest.