Identifying Female Seeds

Tiptoe'n

That sounds almost too good to be true.... I have NO idea if its true or not but that sounds a bit far fetched. I'm going to go check all my feminzed beans I have and see if they look like that

Let me know what you come up with... Like I said i found it interesting and if its the truth it will save alot of headaches

I was actually thinking about starting a thread regarding seed shape... "I" do think there may be something to seed shape and the "phenotype" within strain---SEXING?.... That being said.... There are still many, many, possibilities within those eggs.... Hmmmm.

Interesting, indeed...!

I'll come back around a bit later for some more seed reflecting.

:skydive:

On Omicron Ceti III, we used the method seen here. If the plant sprayed more than 3 feet into your face, it was always a female. And strangely enough, this plant caused those individual Omicronians and every individual humanoid that felt the effects of this medicinal herb to experience personal health and fitness levels that would increase along with a feeling of bliss and overall peace and contentment. After the initial research is shown you see an individual human captain enjoying some of this natural herb just before a big battle with the government / I mean Borg...tsop1.jpgspockspores.gifqqpkzljpg.gif

I have a quick question that is related to this topic. How are seeds Feminized anyway? From what I remember reading somewhere their is a type of acid you dip them in to feminize them. For all I know for sure this could be a myth as well...

The Gibberlic acid or Colloidal Silver merely act as agents to make the female mommy plant herm. Okay imagine prior to turning the mom plant hermaphrodite you rooted healthy clones from her? OK now you just pollinate said healthy clone with hermaphrodite mother pollen and WABAM feminized seeds... it dosn't have to be a clone for the seeds to be feminized, I just dont like my seed momma to have balls.

Also other methods do exist, my favorite method is with the right strain I just let the plant keep flowering until it puts out some nanners and then insert either a clone or another P1 to be pollinated. Can take awhile sometimes and isn’t as practical time wise as the methods.

I second that motion. This subject has been brought up before on many sites and nobody can prove the method.

I've tried this method many times and came up with quite positive results. It don't work well with a small number of seeds because not many will fit the bill. I've found it's actually a good way to select seeds when I have a thousand or more. Not only are my male numbers down but I seem to find some premium phenotypes using this seed selection method.

It's not easy for me now days because I can't see the divot without using my reading glasses and a magnifying glass.

I won't ever "cherry pick" beans from a batch before I release them though......

I'm feeling very cerebral and felt the need to elaborate on seeds.

I appreciate what fractals are... AND "I" think seeds do something similar.... Seeds.

Just have to accept it to "SEE" it???

OR NOT.

ARE WE....?

Fractals...

Other Fractals...

So, yes... I think seeds have connections... Ya just need to see it....? Yes, it takes time-

if you allow it.

***The moon is gone:::- posted via the same "time" it was hiding in the Earth's shadow***

:skydive:

Checked my seeds, obviously I will have to report back as to how they grow out but these are all marked feminized:

Barneys LSD: "Female Dent" Present

Barneys Pineapple Chunk: "Female Dent" NOT Present

DNA Cataract Kush: "Female Dent" NOT Present

DNA Rocklock: "Female Dent" NOT Present

Big Buddha G-Bomb: "Female Dent" NOT Present

G13 Labs Purple Haze: "Female Dent" NOT Present

Kannabia White Domina: "Female Dent" NOT Present

Kannabia Smile: "Female Dent" NOT Present

1 out of 8 I REALLY hope this isn't true, I've never looked for this on any beans I've popped before but luckily I've had a real good ratio of females to males/hermies in my feminized seeds, my luck with regular seeds is not as stellar.

I've tried this method many times and came up with quite positive results. It don't work well with a small number of seeds because not many will fit the bill. I've found it's actually a good way to select seeds when I have a thousand or more. Not only are my male numbers down but I seem to find some premium phenotypes using this seed selection method.

It's not easy for me now days because I can't see the divot without using my reading glasses and a magnifying glass.

I won't ever "cherry pick" beans from a batch before I release them though......

I just tried this method on Mango Haze x Afghan Skunk and NL5 x Haze.Now I need reading glasses as well lol I will post results later.

I have a quick question that is related to this topic. How are seeds Feminized anyway? From what I remember reading somewhere their is a type of acid you dip them in to feminize them. For all I know for sure this could be a myth as well...

I read something similar but cant remember the details.

How to make Colloidal Silver to make Feminized seeds

[quote name=napalesegrizzly23

]We use Colloidal Silver (CS) for making FEMINISED SEEDS, which I'm a big fan of after having nothing but great success from them since i started growing a few years ago

(The basic idea being you regularly spray CS on a female to force it to create bananas ie. pollen ... you then use that pollen to fertilize another female (or even itself, ie "selfing"), and the resulting seeds are feminised due to the pollen coming from a female instead of a male)

Edited by LITLJON

Here one on gowing past havest.

How to produce feminized marijuana seeds

I named this new method “Rodelization” after a friend who helped me realize and make use of this way of creating female cannabis seeds. After growing crop after crop of the same plant in the same conditions, I noticed that if I flowered the plants 10-14 days longer than usual, they would develop male “bananas”. A male banana is a very slight male flower on a female marijuana plant that is formed because of stress. Usually they do not let out any pollen early enough to make marijuana seeds, but they sometimes do. They are a built in safety factor so in case of sever conditions, the plant can make sure that the species is furthered.

Checked my seeds, obviously I will have to report back as to how they grow out but these are all marked feminized:

Barneys LSD: "Female Dent" Present

Barneys Pineapple Chunk: "Female Dent" NOT Present

DNA Cataract Kush: "Female Dent" NOT Present

DNA Rocklock: "Female Dent" NOT Present

Big Buddha G-Bomb: "Female Dent" NOT Present

G13 Labs Purple Haze: "Female Dent" NOT Present

Kannabia White Domina: "Female Dent" NOT Present

Kannabia Smile: "Female Dent" NOT Present

1 out of 8 I REALLY hope this isn't true, I've never looked for this on any beans I've popped before but luckily I've had a real good ratio of females to males/hermies in my feminized seeds, my luck with regular seeds is not as stellar.

I would take it like this; it doesn't mean it's not a "female" seed if it doesn't have the perfectly round divot and shape, it just means it may be more likely to be a female..........