Service

peanutbutter

Guest Happy Guy

We need to get the figures and do some math. We should publicize the amount we have donated to Michigan's failing economy. The total they collected, minus the MMMP budget, equals our donation to the state. I bet it's HUGE! We gave back to the voters and they should be aware of our gift. What better time of the year to show how much we gave?

We need to get the figures and do some math. We should publicize the amount we have donated to Michigan's failing economy. The total they collected, minus the MMMP budget, equals our donation to the state. I bet it's HUGE! We gave back to the voters and they should be aware of our gift. What better time of the year to show how much we gave?

I agree the numbers are out there but most people wont go looking for them. So it should be put front and center how much money these "do nothing pot smokers" have put in.

Guest Happy Guy

And you get to "renew" even when your condition will never get better ........

Call it the gift that keeps on giving....

Dress someone up as Santa and get him on the news. Who has a big white beard? :)

I was having a hard time figuring out what the government means by the word "service."

We've got the Internal Revenue Service, Selective Service etc..

I wondered what kind of "service" they were talking about.

Then one day I heard two farmers talking. One offered to bring his bull over to service the other farmers cow ..

NOW it all makes sense! :)

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Man I about fell off my chair that really clears it up.

BTW I just wanted to wish you and the wife a merry Christmas and happy new year. John

Guest Happy Guy

If we complain loud enough to the new Republican Tea Party administration perhaps they will act and close the MMMP, lay off the employees, and stop robbing us via these outrageous fees. Not much different than what we have now anyway don't ya think?

LOL THEY WISH! Show em the money. We pay our own way just like they preach. We don't even use insurance to pay for our medication.

Guest Happy Guy

eh Happy your ins dont pay for your mm? :thumbsd:

You need a dif ins bro!

Merry Christmas!

Peace

FTW Jim

Michigan law says that insurance will not be charged for your medical marijuana. You might be talking about your insurance helping you to pay for your doctor's appointment? That's a different issue. We pay our own way at the state and we pay for our own medication. Make no mistake about it!

From section 5 of the Michigan Medical Marihuana Act

The department's rules shall establish application and renewal fees that generate revenues sufficient to offset all expenses of implementing and administering this act.

That is all that they are allowed to collect.

Since they have overcharged the patients and caregivers of this state, they need to pay back the excess they collected.

Great post peanutbutter!

That's been in the back-burner of my thoughts for a long time as well...

They are diverting "profits" from the program to other areas.

They aren't following the law in a whole host of areas.

Sure wish the ACLU would file suit against them over this issue AND about us not having our cards in a timely manner.

My wife and I would GLADLY be the folks on the face of that lawsuit!

Happy Festivus!

Mizerman

And you get to "renew" even when your condition will never get better ........

That's mine and my wife's MAJOR COMPLAINT!

We are both considered to be totally and permanently disabled by the Social Security Administration - our medical condition(s) will never get any better.

Mizerman

i can't even get the V.A to pay for my Meds and i put my time inn the Army for 3 years and all the Vets out their know what am talking about they charge us money for the pills they give us

i go their all the time and the lines are long because people have lost their jobs and their health care

why do we have to give are money to the MDCH when we don't need a card just the Rec: is all we need if everyone would stop sending the State money then they would listen to us

i can't even get the V.A to pay for my Meds and i put my time inn the Army for 3 years and all the Vets out their know what am talking about they charge us money for the pills they give us

i go their all the time and the lines are long because people have lost their jobs and their health care

why do we have to give are money to the MDCH when we don't need a card just the Rec: is all we need if everyone would stop sending the State money then they would listen to us

I like your way of thinking...!

i guess there is a couple different ways to look at things.

first, i think the application fee is a complete joke. maybe i wouldnt feel that way if we actually saw some results with all that money they are collecting...... but until then.... it is a joke.

unfortunately, it is a necessary joke in some ways though.

i TOTALLY understand the lifelong problem that is never going to change. i understand that you may receive SSI for the rest of your life because of it..... BUT.... that doesnt mean that your meds are going to stay the same for the rest of your life.

what might qualify you for MMJ use this year, may not qualify you next year......

i guess what i am trying to say is that a "from now until you die" disease or ailment doesnt guarantee you a "from now until you die prescription"

although i have heard of people with lifetime scripts for pharm pills it is rare. my wife is epileptic.

(total example.... fill in the blank) thats not curable. she will die an epileptic. she doesnt have a lifetime script for keppra even though she has taken it twice a day for 20 years? her doctor checks/changes her dosages/meds as needed.

Medical Cannabis is differentiated from pharmaceutical medicine....... and because of it we have to pay that fee every year.

the alternative would be to have a doctor prescribe it as needed. but then it would be sold in pharmacy's and regulated by the government.

just trying to see the moon from both sides :)

The MDCH is clearly populated by a group of bureaucratic boobs. IMHO $100.00 is not too much to pay for a TIMELY certification. Key word there- so how is that working out for all of you?

(Hint: I submitted my re-cert in SEPTEMBER. Lets see, October- nope, November- nope, December- STILL NOPE. Jerks).

If they were smart they would simply issue rules permitting local units of government to regulate dispensaries, co-ops and farmer's markets. THEN they could get tons and tons of revenue streaming into their office from licensing fees etc. This would easily generate several millions per year- enough for a real regulatory scheme, inspectors, the whole 9 yards- and plenty left over for the general coffers. They could add a surcharge of 10-50 dollars per patient for each Caregiver.

First they need to buy a making whoopee printer..... :thumbsd:

Guest Happy Guy

The MDCH is clearly populated by a group of bureaucratic boobs. IMHO $100.00 is not too much to pay for a TIMELY certification. Key word there- so how is that working out for all of you?

(Hint: I submitted my re-cert in SEPTEMBER. Lets see, October- nope, November- nope, December- STILL NOPE. Jerks).

If they were smart they would simply issue rules permitting local units of government to regulate dispensaries, co-ops and farmer's markets. THEN they could get tons and tons of revenue streaming into their office from licensing fees etc. This would easily generate several millions per year- enough for a real regulatory scheme, inspectors, the whole 9 yards- and plenty left over for the general coffers. They could add a surcharge of 10-50 dollars per patient for each Caregiver.

First they need to buy a making whoopee printer..... :thumbsd:

Wait just a minute there! They are getting plenty enough out of us already. They haven't come close to spending the money we already donated. They have been spending our money in other state programs. We don't need to do any more of that than we are already. No more donations until they do what we are already paying them to do. Say it three times, medical marijuana patients are not cash cows. Say it enough and it might just sink in.

i guess there is a couple different ways to look at things.

first, i think the application fee is a complete joke. maybe i wouldnt feel that way if we actually saw some results with all that money they are collecting...... but until then.... it is a joke.

unfortunately, it is a necessary joke in some ways though.

i TOTALLY understand the lifelong problem that is never going to change. i understand that you may receive SSI for the rest of your life because of it..... BUT.... that doesnt mean that your meds are going to stay the same for the rest of your life.

what might qualify you for MMJ use this year, may not qualify you next year......

i guess what i am trying to say is that a "from now until you die" disease or ailment doesnt guarantee you a "from now until you die prescription"

although i have heard of people with lifetime scripts for pharm pills it is rare. my wife is epileptic.

(total example.... fill in the blank) thats not curable. she will die an epileptic. she doesnt have a lifetime script for keppra even though she has taken it twice a day for 20 years? her doctor checks/changes her dosages/meds as needed.

Medical Cannabis is differentiated from pharmaceutical medicine....... and because of it we have to pay that fee every year.

the alternative would be to have a doctor prescribe it as needed. but then it would be sold in pharmacy's and regulated by the government.

just trying to see the moon from both sides :)

Sorry to disagree.

You fail to consider folks who will be in constant and chronic pain from spinal cord related injuries.

Their condition will NEVER change...especially if another surgical procedure is not an option.

Baffled by your statements...

Mizerman

Archived