Dwc Questions

drclutch

Guest Themallrats

I use a modified bubble bucket, or at least thats what I am calling it. Instead of using airstones, I use a drip system. I dont need a water pump, just a good air pump. The air pushes the water up a pipe which then connects to a pvc ring tube that has holes in it, and drips the nutes over the plant.

That is my plan at least. All setup, need plants. :)

Yeah you need a airstone in each bucket.

What knot told you is correct but if you have the water level below the net pot you will get extremely thick roots which are exposed to the air gap between the net pot and the water. The plants still grow, but I read these rope roots (which look impressive) actually do not absorb much water or nutrients. You can prevent the rope roots by keeping the water level touching the net pot at all times, but obviously you don't want too much of the net pot submerged.

better made air stone that does not clog take 4inch 1/4 in air hose drill holes with small drill bit make sure there cleared out take a lighter heat up one end pinch it together with pliers then put a oneway adapter on the other side these cost like 20 cents to make and bubble alot better

Archived