Medibles

while im not offering any kind of medical advise, id like to know

1.how you incorporated the cannabis into your cookies?

2. In the cooking business, there is a saying, "know your source" did you use quality meds, or lesser quality that may have been full of contaminants?

3. do you have any allergies that may be a factor?

Thanks for the reply.

I made canna butter and followed a cookie recipe, the first batch was made from leaves, the second batch was made from bud that I grew, it was pretty good medicine, I have no allergies, maybe just a weak stomach from too many vicodin.

I can eat cookies off the shelf with no problem. I hate this because I loved the medicinal qualities of the second batch, you could definately taste the medicine in the cookies but it tasted fine to me.

I'm no expert, but I do have bouts with IBS from time to time, cannabis usually helps more than anything out there. I'd suggest making a batch of the cookies using the exact same recipe, but substitute the cannabutter for regular butter and see how you do. I'm thinking it could be the amount of butter that's causing you grief...a lot of medible recipes I've seen are very heavy on the butter in order to incorporate enough meds into the recipe. Anything with a high fat content like that causes stomach issues for me. I doubt if it's the meds, more likely the recipe you're using.

I'm no expert, but I do have bouts with IBS from time to time, cannabis usually helps more than anything out there. I'd suggest making a batch of the cookies using the exact same recipe, but substitute the cannabutter for regular butter and see how you do. I'm thinking it could be the amount of butter that's causing you grief...a lot of medible recipes I've seen are very heavy on the butter in order to incorporate enough meds into the recipe. Anything with a high fat content like that causes stomach issues for me. I doubt if it's the meds, more likely the recipe you're using.

I never thought about the butter, that is something I rarely eat, that may be it. Any suggestions on easy to make medibles without butter, I really enjoyed the effects, but the pleasure is not worth the pain. Thanks for the input.

I make cannaoil, using vegetable or canola, and just replace the butter with the oil in any recipe, it works amazing for cookies, you would never know I did'nt use butter.

Stop using canna butter and try medibles this way:

Grind up an amount of cannabis that would fill two 35mm film containers.

Put that in oil - about 1.5 to 2 cups into a small crock pot or a small pot on the stove for 4-6 hours on low heat stirring a few times.

Strain the oil and cannabis through cheesecloth. (Throw away the oily cannabis)

Follow the recipe for Betty Crocker Banana Nut Muffins and substitute this "green" oil.

My wife and I make Mini Muffins.

I think it might be the butter that is the source of your problems.

Mizerman

p.s. we even use the leftover duff from the vaporizer and it is quite a powerful night-time medication - replaces our flexeril and night-time pain medication(s) :)

How about a glycerine tincture for under your tongue instead.

Too many sweets can be bad for you too ;)

http://michiganmedicalmarijuana.org/tutorials/t-26-glycerin-tincture/

also, this... read post #13 for this possible alternative solution:

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=195680&highlight=cig

I'm unable to eat butter and have to keep a watch on the sugar intake also.

Keep us posted and good luck!

with medibles you must grind the MM to a fine powder, stay away from fan leaves and stick with the buds. Vicoden will tear up your digestive system so. You should try taking an OTC to settle your stomach down especially when taking vicoden. It sounds like the side effects from the vicoden finally caught up with you.

Dizz

:goodjob:

Stop using canna butter and try medibles this way:

Grind up an amount of cannabis that would fill two 35mm film containers.

Put that in oil - about 1.5 to 2 cups into a small crock pot or a small pot on the stove for 4-6 hours on low heat stirring a few times.

Strain the oil and cannabis through cheesecloth. (Throw away the oily cannabis)

Follow the recipe for Betty Crocker Banana Nut Muffins and substitute this "green" oil.

My wife and I make Mini Muffins.

I think it might be the butter that is the source of your problems.

Mizerman

p.s. we even use the leftover duff from the vaporizer and it is quite a powerful night-time medication - replaces our flexeril and night-time pain medication(s) :)

Here is my two cents worth. I had some issues also. I soak in water for 24 hours and strain off before making the butter. Then go through the cooking butter/water process a couple of times over the next two or three days. Now the butter should be nearly back to it's normal color. This really is less rough on my stomach.

Archived