Mothers From Feminized Seeds

Nix

I would like to get some other growers opinions on using feminzed seeds to start a garden.

I began mine about five months ago and produced some nice buds off of feminized seeds. However, now I am into cycle two and am using some of the plants from feminized seeds as mothers for clones. My first one to get budded was a White Widow from Ministry of Cannabis. Sadly the one plant I selected as a mother is producing hermaphrodites. The plants should be receiving no light stress, however I do perform LST and topping to get a bigger yield. I flower with a 400W HPS.

I like feminized seeds because sexing is such a waste of time - however if I'm going to continue to get hermied offspring then they're no good. Anyone start a garden with feminized seeds and had problems? I think growing from other growers' clones is great, but you also get the danger of bugs and disease plus you don't get to choose from the huge selection at seed banks.

Any thoughts? I'm going to give another feminized strain a try as a mother if that hermies, it's back to regular seeds and extra month to sex them.

Thanks.

Never had herm issues with my fem beans, or the clones from those.

Same here

That being said some strains and even some pheno's can act up

Light stress is not the only cause to exasperate this condition

PH issues, over under fert and bend/breaking even too agressive of topping can cause those boy parts

But with all the feminized beans I have tried thus far -no issues (fingers crossed)

I was warned that not all breeders had the feminized seeds thing down as well as others. I believe it was Female seeds that had the best success if I remember right but this is only what I have heard I have not tried any yet but I am tempted to try my freebies from attitude.

Same here

That being said some strains and even some pheno's can act up

Light stress is not the only cause to exasperate this condition

PH issues, over under fert and bend/breaking even too agressive of topping can cause those boy parts

But with all the feminized beans I have tried thus far -no issues (fingers crossed)

Add to this list fan-stress from wind that's too vigorous, and even then the list is incomplete

Add to this list fan-stress from wind that's too vigorous, and even then the list is incomplete

That's one thing I didn't consider. I have also topped/LSTed my plants as they went into flower which I will now do in veg. Thanks all for the tips.

Archived