Buckets On Sale At Walmart

Broken

pretty horrible, i bet most big money corporations are the same in a lot of ways though. It seems that most of them get that big and rich by being cold and cruel. i'll have to talk the wife into goin to meijer instead... although i don't know if they're any better.

We should all support Wal-Mart. Let's keep our money going to China where it belongs!

I don't know that you could find a USA made bucket ANYWHERE. So your money is going to China regardless.

Reminds me of a town I read about somewhere in the Northwest that needed to buy a road grader. They went with the more expensive American company road grader rather than one from a Japanese company. Turned out in the end that the American company's was actually made in Korea and the Japanese company's was made in the USA. I guess due diligence wasn't their strong suit... Buying American doesn't necessarily mean buying form a company incorporated in America.

Sad thing is that meijers gets most of their stuff from china too... My mom did most of the customs for their shipments, not much of it's from the US.

Very true. And it will continue to be that way as long as labor is so cheap there. No one is going to work for less than a dollar an hour here so manufacturing in China will always be cheaper. The only reason American cars can compete with imports from Asia is because we hit their imports with such high tariffs.

I don't know that you could find a USA made bucket ANYWHERE. So your money is going to China regardless.

Reminds me of a town I read about somewhere in the Northwest that needed to buy a road grader. They went with the more expensive American company road grader rather than one from a Japanese company. Turned out in the end that the American company's was actually made in Korea and the Japanese company's was made in the USA. I guess due diligence wasn't their strong suit... Buying American doesn't necessarily mean buying form a company incorporated in America.

This statement is sop wrong!! Most of the buckets and pails your see are manufactured here in the USA. The pail industry is one of the oldest manufacturing industries in this country. Because of the cost to set up a new pail line with all brand new equipment it is hard for new players to enter this market, even low cost countries would struggle to do it at a profitable price.

LOL ask me how I know this. I worked for many many years in the Pail manufacturing industry. Most of your Plastic pails are probably either: Nampac, Silgan, Lettica, Century and a few other ones....ALL USA manufacturers.

:goodjob::goodjob:

And I know Littica is here in rochester, Mi. or close to it :)

This statement is sop wrong!! Most of the buckets and pails your see are manufactured here in the USA. The pail industry is one of the oldest manufacturing industries in this country. Because of the cost to set up a new pail line with all brand new equipment it is hard for new players to enter this market, even low cost countries would struggle to do it at a profitable price.

LOL ask me how I know this. I worked for many many years in the Pail manufacturing industry. Most of your Plastic pails are probably either: Nampac, Silgan, Lettica, Century and a few other ones....ALL USA manufacturers.

Last summer I was looking to buy these buckets by the pallet-load. My search for the lowest cost led to alibaba.com, a global trade website. There were over 200 manufacturers listed in China and 20-some in the USA. I remember because I remember that there were only about 10% of the manufacturers here as there were in China. And there were others in other countries. So, yes, I would check the bucket if you are concerned as to whether it is domestic or foreign made.

Boardwalk sub shop in grand rapids on division sells 5 gallon buckets with lids for 1 dollar out the door.I havnt bought any and assume they are prob from pickles etc so there may be some issue of getting the ph correct if the plastic retains any acidity and you use for bub buckets but for soil use, at a dollar each just line the bucket with a garbage bag and away you go! :thumbsu:

I bought my buckets from U.S. Plastic Co. I had to pay a lot for shipping, so I wanted to find a cheaper way. I noticed that the buckets that were shipped from U.S. Plastics in Ohio were actually from Lettica, right here in Rochester, MI. About a 25 minute drive for me.

Well, it turns out that the only way to purchase direct from Lettica is buy the truck load.

Anybody want to go in on a truck load with me? I'm sure we could get rid of the rest! :)

I bought my buckets from U.S. Plastic Co. I had to pay a lot for shipping, so I wanted to find a cheaper way. I noticed that the buckets that were shipped from U.S. Plastics in Ohio were actually from Lettica, right here in Rochester, MI. About a 25 minute drive for me.

Well, it turns out that the only way to purchase direct from Lettica is buy the truck load.

Anybody want to go in on a truck load with me? I'm sure we could get rid of the rest! :)

i visit the ohio store :)

p.m. sent

Archived