Buying American

The Mexican military is claiming a major victory in Mexico's drug war with the seizure of about 10,000 packages of pot concealed in cargo containers. The bust occurred in Tijuana, which is just across the border from San Diego, and officials say that the haul, worth $340 million, was headed to the U.S.

It's doubtful that this one bust will make any significant dent in the production of illegal drugs in Mexico or the horrific violence that Mexicans have witnessed. But as a contributor Malcolm Beith wrote in, "Madness in Mexico" (DEC '10 HT), American marijuana consumers can play a significant role in ending the Drug War south of the border by buying American made cannabis products only.

http://www.marijuana-news.us/2010/12/buy-american-marijuana.html

If you have read many of my past post you know I am a treehugger. I encourage to always buy locally and think globally. I believe our long term survival will depend on us getting off of cheap oil and create small local economies that are self sufficient. Sustainable local food production will determine survivability.

Even for those who do not believe in global warming have to like the self sufficient message of the treehuggers.

Buying American . Mexico is in America . There Real Name is The United States of Mexico . Even though when you buy a Map of North America, you better check that Mexico is on there, most likely it is NOT and you've just been Beat, Burned, Ripped off, whatever. Don't be stupid take it back . Get your Money Back !!! Probably why most people dont realize they're our Neighbors!

The Last Chaldeans (Christian Iraqis) left Iraq a few days ago . They had lived their under Saddam for many years, for what it was worth. They were there voluntarily . Thats what kept the Peace . Now all you have is Radical Extremist Fanatical Religous Zealots with a Sixth Century value system . Progress ??? Maybe if you're Arabic .

i would think after almost 2 years this Law has been here we should be up to speed as far as getting your Meds made in Mich

What part of the Law says that Bob ?

Check my response on your Web Article .

Fact is Street Pot is Actually Legal for the Medical Consumer ! Says so right in the Law. Don't say anything about Dispensaries in Michigan ...

Just trying to be a little Realistic, Logical, Reasonable, Economical, and NOT Political, prejudicial, biggoted, or ignorant ...

Hey Merry Christmas Bob, You're still my hero ! .... Peace

Just curious, what color is compassion ? Anybody remember how we got in this situation ? Back in 1937, it wasn't about the MJ . What you have here is the Kettle calling the Pot Green. What a joke ....

It seems to me like you are playing the race card unnecessarily. Buying American or as you point out in another post USA Made or as I prefer "Buying Locally" is not about racism. It is not racist to want to support the local economy. It is not racist to not pump C02 into the atmosphere transporting something something that can be grown locally. It is not racist to want meds without pesticides. It is not racist to not want to support criminal activity. I don't want to buy Florida corn on the cob in January because of the transportation issue but that does not mean I hate people who live in Florida.

Buy Michigan, keep it local, keep it legal, keep it safe.

The Locavore movement has made all the best arguments for consuming local crops, so the same goes for consuming locally grown MMJ.

Also, keeping MMJ activities confined within the state of Michigan may mitigate scrutiny from federal authorities...

Make mine Michigan!

Go Green!!

It seems to me like you are playing the race card unnecessarily. Buying American or as you point out in another post USA Made or as I prefer "Buying Locally" is not about racism. It is not racist to want to support the local economy. It is not racist to not pump C02 into the atmosphere transporting something something that can be grown locally. It is not racist to want meds without pesticides. It is not racist to not want to support criminal activity. I don't want to buy Florida corn on the cob in January because of the transportation issue but that does not mean I hate people who live in Florida.

I did smell a little racism there. And really just a callous indifferent attitude towards a population that is going through Hell on some US Concieved Idea of a "Drug War".

Man that article is just so tastless it is just indicating that they are having this great success in their Gloroius War on Drugs. This is just not the case. In fact There just is nothing in the World is that Important to Throw away that many Lives, over something as simple as Pot ? Gimme a Break ! So what are they doing then ? Ignore that War they dont matter. Just buy your Local Grown MJ and Let the DEA sort out our Foreign Affairs for US ? Racist ? You Better Believe it Bro That's the Human Race I'm up with . Come along you Pesticide Spewing Athiest . in the States where the latest

First thanks for having the patience to attempt to decipher that much. First of all before I call for the Race Card, I am refering to the Article being referenced in

[12/26/10

OK Tryin out some new meds p tr wr this morn. ok. a420 Responding to youre comment there/.]

Probably the real reason I find that Linked Article Offensive: ***

#1 It is Propaganda. Very Proffessionally done. Like a Photo Op ?

a.Parody / Satire "The wrong way to burn Marijuana" condescending tribute to our astute comediens, ie. False It's not them

b.insinuating / allegeing they are actually burning that particular load

c. Nothing abouth description of the product, was ea pkg opened? ie seed contents, quality ?, resins, odors ?, compression ratio, etc

d. However no further proof on a rather outrageous Claim , that that war is OK ??? Succeeding ? [LOOSING BADLY]

Even that MJ is part of the problem. Is an insult to this community.

#2 as such it is purporting ? You can have an effect ? Right ? Very Racist ! That wont do Squat ! So whats going on ? Ignore them it will go away ? they will kill them all ?

a it's all about mj ()

b. the're winning this War

c. making progress

d. cool

That the guy in the other picture is the Answer ? What is he doing, but waiting for some Bud Action.

-----------------------------------------------------Reponse to your assumptions-----------------------------------accusations

It seems to me like you are playing the race card unnecessarily. Race Card ? Sorry nice try. It's the 'Drug War' Card ...

Buying American or as you point out in another post USA Made or as I prefer "Buying Locally" is not about racism.

You're taking it personal here, consider buy local, think Global,then.

It is not racist to want to support the local economy.

see above

It is not racist to not pump C02 into the atmosphere transporting something something that can be grown locally. This is nothing to do with Race.

your most pathetic argument. ie How much do you think the Electric Bill was to grow that ? 350 tons ?

It is not racist to want meds without pesticides. THIS IS RACIST. ANY PROOF ? WE HAVE NO TESTING EITHER !

It is not racist to not want to support criminal activity. THIS IS RACIST. MEXICANS ARE CRIMINALS ? This is a War . A 'War on Drugs' Remeber it was Nixons IDEA ! What is it Good for ? Know how many Drugs they killed ? 0. People killed (most by torture, dismemberment: used to terrorize Citizens) over 30,000, since 2006.

I don't want to buy Florida corn on the cob in January because of the transportation issue but that does not mean I hate people who live in Florida. Oh great argument ! the CO2 Right? YOU LIKE ORANGES ? IM GONNA GO HAVE ONE RIGHT NOW mmmm Florida Oranges. You know Florida means Flower Land . Florida was the first part of what is now the continental North America to be visited by Europeans. The earliest known European explorers came with the Spanish conquistador Juan Ponce de Leon, who spotted the peninsula on April 2, 1513. Accordinglee

WANNA BUY SOME FRESH BLACK AFGHANISTAN ? WISE UP ! HOW ABOUT SOME RED LEBANESE ?

It isn't about Racism, It isnt about War, Its about Choice, Choose wisely, Grasshopper !

Guest Happy Guy

I wouldn't want to see the issue overcomplicated by all these politically charged arguements. We grow better meds here in Michigan. Hands down, they are better. If you don't know that already then start networking with local medical growers at cc meetings. We don't need any excuses, we are just better growers. We have serious advantages in all the growing aspects. Cleaner air and water is a given. Less chance of contaminants all through the growing and delivery cycles. It's a no brainer Home Grown Is Good!

This is nothing to do with Race.

your most pathetic argument. ie How much do you think the Electric Bill was to grow that ? 350 tons ?

This is probably your only good point. However a lot of it depends on where your electricity comes from. If your electricity comes from nuclear or hydro then you are on solid CO2 ground. None the less it would be best if we could grow outside under the sun.

THIS IS RACIST. ANY PROOF ? WE HAVE NO TESTING EITHER !

This is a weak argument for being racist. No I can't prove that people are not spraying dangerous pesticides on the plants growing in their home in Michigan but I think it is pretty unlikely. For one pesticides available in Mexico can't even be sold in the US. Secondly do you read the grow section in any of these forums? No one EVER suggest using pesticides. We also know that banned pesticides have been smuggled in and used in our national forest. With all the evidence that pesticides are used by Mexican cartels not buying Mexican MJ is a reasonable conclusion that has nothing to do with racism.

Pesticide links because you will probably want proof that the cartels use pesticides. That link has links to half a dozen sources like MSNBC.

THIS IS RACIST. MEXICANS ARE CRIMINALS ?

This is a super weak strawman that is hardly worth answering. Are you denying that Mexican Cartels exist? Your response is completely disingenuous and clearly you will distort any statement in an attempt to support your premise.

Choose wisely, Grasshopper !

Mr. Miyagi you are not.

Im going to go out on a limb here, toss out a term I coined a few years back that I recognized from my contact with people out West. It's called WEST COAST MENTALITY. Id also bet a tidy sum you hail from that Locality. What say you ? Is that Racist ? You tell me ...

Those articles in your link Very Racist. Pure Rotten Yellow Journalism. And No We take our Anti BS pills here, I put some in the Water, not to worry . That crap dont fly too far here ...

You missed the point on the Electricity. BRRRAAAWWWKKKK! Wrong. None they grow in the sun, All Natural,

If they had money for pesticides they'd go buy a CokeCola, I know how they are, too...

Im going to go out on a limb here, toss out a term I coined a few years back that I recognized from my contact with people out West. It's called WEST COAST MENTALITY. Id also bet a tidy sum you hail from that Locality. What say you ? Is that Racist ? You tell me

I don't know what to say because your incomplete sentences don't make much sense. But if I can interpret what you are saying then no I was born and raised in MI and have lived here all my life though I travel a lot. So you are wrong again.

Those articles in your link Very Racist. Pure Rotten Yellow Journalism. And No We take our Anti BS pills here, I put some in the Water, not to worry . That crap dont fly too far here ...

No you missed the point. Stop with the poisoning of the well fallacies and address the premise. Even if they were racist, which they were not, does not mean their info is not accurate. Do you really think the pictures of empty pesticide containers was staged?

I don't know what to say because your incomplete sentences don't make much sense. But if I can interpret what you are saying then no I was born and raised in MI and have lived here all my life though I travel a lot. So you are wrong again.

No you missed the point. Stop with the poisoning of the well fallacies and address the premise. Even if they were racist, which they were not, does not mean their info is not accurate. Do you really think the pictures of empty pesticide containers was staged?

Which particular picture ? I do think they are Staged, absolutley. Is there any Real Evidence , Anywhere ? Also that they Caught Mexicans doing this ?

How come there all from out WEST ?

Racism? Ridiculous! Were this fact, marijuana would be to ........, what fried chicken and watermelon are to..........., in white racist American slang terms, but it's not. So there!!!! That's why the mexican/marijuana connection is a legitimate legal fact cited by newspapers in the U.S.A everyday, while we avoid racist remarks about large round fruits and domestically raised fowl.

Which particular picture ? I do think they are Staged, absolutley. Is there any Real Evidence , Anywhere ? Also that they Caught Mexicans doing this ?

How come there all from out WEST ?

I do want to be clear on one issue. I'm not saying that racism has played no roll in marijuana prohibition. It clearly has. My position is it is a leap of logic to say that because someone says buying locally is a good thing they are racist.

What I submitted was "real" evidence. You have submitted opinion. What is your evidence the pictures of empty pesticide containers do not accurately reflect the truth? It looks like you will just dismiss any evidence that does not agree with your premise even though you don't have evidence to support your premise. So feel free to present evidence that weed out of Mexico has no higher pesticide levels than weed grown in houses across MI.

Maybe if we were allowed to Photoshop that picture, add the number of Dead Mexicans into the Flames, Not to forget the "blood on the Boots" it took to be a little more realistic.

When it comes to Compassion traditionally one trys to Share the Burden of the Unfairness and feelings of Helplessness, hopelessness, of the miscreaants. Try ... Its the only way things get better .

Maybe then comes forgiveness, healing , understanding .

Anybody in the 'Bussiness World' v 'Corporate waorld' would agree this is NOT Acceptable Methods of Commerce.

Commercial Trade. Been going on for Centuries. Foreign Trade . Way before Marco

Polo. It is a Completley Separate world like Church and State. It is the GNP of the World. It certainly has dabled in Everything that might put a glint in the Minds Eye, including any form of mind altering substances. I cant believe that all the Wonders of Medicine went through this initiation process. Certainley makes the mind boggle at the amount of Money IT GENERATES. They have continued Rolling the Dice with our Future for too long Now. We are at a Time in our Developemnt when we need to Shake off the Chains of our Past acknowledge them, and begin to Chart the Future ! Remember the Dream -mlk

As for the Toxic Well that has been created here, Lets try and have some patience and seek some middle ground and Understading. Confusing issues wastes everyones time. Want to do Something Useful put it in the Toxic Well . I'll handle IT !

Dont confuse this with your petty financial troubles, their is only one person responsible there. And I am not in any way saying to buy Mexican. It used to be a free country. I love Michigan, its my home as such I will allways be charged with her Best Interests. Peace

Tell me

Archived