Lansing Area Senators Named To Senate Committees

Croppled1

Author: Derek Melot

LANSING AREA SENATORS NAMED TO SENATE COMMITTEES

LANSING -- New senators from mid-Michigan will assume committee chairmanships in the next Michigan Senate.

Sen.-elect Rick Jones, R-Grand Ledge, has been appointed to lead the Senate's Judiciary Committee in his first term in the Senate, while freshman Sen.-elect Joe Hune, R-Hamburg Township, will head the Senate's Agriculture, Insurance and Redistricting committees. Freshman Sen.-elect Judy Emmons, R-Sheridan, will lead the Families, Seniors & Human Services Committee, according to a list released by Senate Majority Leader Randy Richardville and Minority Leader Gretchen Whitmer, D-East Lansing.

"Richardville said he wanted me in ( the judiciary ) positions due to my experience -- 31 years in police work and also my three terms on the House Judiciary Committee," said Jones, who is finishing up his third and final term in the Michigan House.

Jones said bringing Michigan into compliance with the federal Adam Walsh Child Protection and Safety Act and regulation of medical marijuana would be two prime issues for his committee in 2011.

"We need to bring some sanity ( on regulation ), compared to what we have right now," Jones said in reference to medical marijuana

Please visit the source to comment and for the entire story

http://www.lansingst...nate-committees

Archived