Most Unexpected Christmas Gift

MERRY CHRISTMAS

Kids and Christmas morning is something I look forward to like a kid waiting for Christmas! This one was no different from the rest grand-kids were awake and up at 6:30 but with one huge difference. While my better half and I watched the grand-kids open presents and bounce off the walls with joy our one little grandson was sitting off to one side and was just sorta of watching with this really intense look on his face.

When his Mother asked if he was OK or if there was something wrong he stood up and looked her in the eyes and said (he's 8 ) "I want to give the toys I got to the kids at the homeless shelter" he said he saw on the news that a shelter for homeless families had been broken into and the Christmas presents had been stolen.

Still in shock. Every single adult was pretty much struck speechless and we all I'm sure looked like deer caught in the headlights but that's something I would have bet money on never hearing a child announce I want to give my toys away I just got for Christmas. Not all the kids were so generous with the toys but clothes and some other items are being collected and him and his Mom are searching the local news on line to find out where the shelter is at.

Mean time the adults are pooling some money and we're going to raid our pantry's for dry goods and canned food to take over also. I love Christmas morning and this one will be talked about in the family for generations to come.

Its now almost 8 am usually by this time I've needed to medicate or take one of my pain pills but not today, not this morning. I don't feel any pain.

Merry Christmas everyone

MERRY CHRISTMAS

Kids and Christmas morning is something I look forward to like a kid waiting for Christmas! This one was no different from the rest grand-kids were awake and up at 6:30 but with one huge difference. While my better half and I watched the grand-kids open presents and bounce off the walls with joy our one little grandson was sitting off to one side and was just sorta of watching with this really intense look on his face.

When his Mother asked if he was OK or if there was something wrong he stood up and looked her in the eyes and said (he's 8 ) "I want to give the toys I got to the kids at the homeless shelter" he said he saw on the news that a shelter for homeless families had been broken into and the Christmas presents had been stolen.

Still in shock. Every single adult was pretty much struck speechless and we all I'm sure looked like deer caught in the headlights but that's something I would have bet money on never hearing a child announce I want to give my toys away I just got for Christmas. Not all the kids were so generous with the toys but clothes and some other items are being collected and him and his Mom are searching the local news on line to find out where the shelter is at.

Mean time the adults are pooling some money and we're going to raid our pantry's for dry goods and canned food to take over also. I love Christmas morning and this one will be talked about in the family for generations to come.

Its now almost 8 am usually by this time I've needed to medicate or take one of my pain pills but not today, not this morning. I don't feel any pain.

Merry Christmas everyone

What a wonderful gift! That young child is so full of compassion already. Such a big heart in one so young- your family must be so proud of him.

What a joyful Christmas to have experienced together! Thanks for sharing your story.

Showingthelove.jpg

It's Nice to know we still live in a world

where some Hope for Todays Kids ....

By watching the News and when I'm grocery shopping ,

I see the openly disrespect for their parents ...

Thanks for Sharing " David1946 "

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to You and your Family :bighug:

Archived