Can I Grow 6 And Cg Grow 6?

upnorthbudman

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The card is stamped authorized to possess plants or it is not. <_<

People complain about the gray areas in the law. This is not a gray area despite the attempts to split the baby by growing at 1 house. :rolleyes:

Nice try but you will be assuring LEO that only the person who has the card stamp with "authorized to possess plants" has access to the grow room even in that case. :sword:

Yes u can grow them together @ one location as long as only u and your caregiver can access them.

What does this even mean? the correct answer to the his question is no.

I dont want to be a complete donkey but this is why we have confusion in the MMJ world. the top post in this forum is you claiming "youve tried everything" to clone and nothing works. well imo if you arent far enough into MMJ to clone correctly without many problems you dont need to be giving anyone advice on MMJ.

Well I think your wrong. You can have a caregiver to assisit you and stil posses your own plants. And what does cloning have to do with the law? "Nothing!" Maybe u shld change your name to cdick. I disagree with you so what! Get over yourself.

The original post asks if he can grow 6 AND the caregiver grow 6 not can the caregiver HELP.

The answer is no. you or the caregiver can grow the plants not both.

Well I still disagree. I cld have a caregiver but still posses my own plants and he cld assist me in my grow, where in the law does it say a caregiver cannot enter a patients grow room? Does the law say a caregiver can't lease a room from you? Who says anyone can't go in a grow room with you and work on six while you work on 6? I'm glad you all know it all I was jus giving my opinion. All depends on LEO. Clearly they've busted down doors of legal patients not breaking state law whatsoever. So ask Leo. Since he really decides and makes up the rules as he goes. In certain cases I think it could be done legally. I think what this guy was wanting wouldn't be legal. Unless he designated a c/g but he was to posses his own plants. If c/g has space in his count from other patients he cld grow for you to do p2p transfers... mmmkay. So it could be done legally IMO.

© "Enclosed, locked facility" means a closet, room, or other enclosed area equipped with locks or other security devices that permit access only by a registered primary caregiver or registered qualifying patient.

so...... huh?

only one person has means to gain entry to the facility (and, thus, grow), the cg OR the pt (denoted by "permit access only by"). however, once the door is open, the whole neighborhood can come in?

my view: one or the other. if your a pt and have designated your cg to grow, then you cannot grow. this has been established and recognized since 2009. also, only one of you (the one designated to grow) can be allowed the means to enter the facility. however, once the facility has been opened, the other may also enter.

?

Edited by Phil78

• 3 weeks later...

The patient application states:

"Section C: PERSON ALLOWED TO POSSESS PATIENT'S MARIHUANA PLANTS: (REQUIRED)

SELECT ONE (a box to check) APPLICANT/PATIENT OR (a box to check) PRIMARY CAREGIVER (Caregiver Attestation & photo ID Required"

As to the matter of who has possession of your plants, the MDCH form makes plain it is either you or your caregiver. For one thing, there are not multiple boxes to fill in with numbers as to how many you are going to possess and another box to fill in with another number as to who is going to possess the balance of your (maximum 12) plants. It is either you, or them. One, or the other.

Does anyone have an APPLICATION FORM FOR REGISTRY IDENTIFICATION CARD that reads differently?

Edited by pic book

no one my enter, pt or cg because the door is to remain locked at all times. only LEO has the authority to ask you to open it.

I think you should study up on the case law. locked and secured has been applied to being home w/plants outside. your providing "secure" just by being home. second. LEO has no authority, its the judge AND entering a grow when there's proof its a med grow w/o passing that info to the issuing judge is a crime

yep sorry folks, its true LEO says this IS NOT LEGAL, I have a court date on the Tuesday 25th.

They are also claiming that I the patient cannot have access to the room, guess they don't care about the fire hazard!! I had all the same questions as to why they are prosecuting me as you have all asked and It's stupid, but guess the gray area will be Black and White soon. hopefully its as I read it and I wont get a date set for trial on Tuesday, but will hear the word Dismissed.

Good luck to everyone, best thing you can do is keep your operation hush hush!

I'll post the verdict on Tuesday as to what my Judge says...

Trix

yep sorry folks, its true LEO says this IS NOT LEGAL, I have a court date on the Tuesday 25th.

They are also claiming that I the patient cannot have access to the room, guess they don't care about the fire hazard!! I had all the same questions as to why they are prosecuting me as you have all asked and It's stupid, but guess the gray area will be Black and White soon. hopefully its as I read it and I wont get a date set for trial on Tuesday, but will hear the word Dismissed.

Good luck to everyone, best thing you can do is keep your operation hush hush!

I'll post the verdict on Tuesday as to what my Judge says...

Trix

Good Luck my friend.

Keep us posted.

You are more than legal to grow 6 of the plants. possession is not synonymous with growing.

if you possess the plants no issue.

If your caregiver possess the plants there is no verbage in the law that prevents you as his patient from providing nutes etc, visiting the caregivers grow, watering, trimming, etc... and maintaining the plants being directly involved with them on a regular basis.

so for the OP, yes you can still grow six of them, but you cannot divide possession of them. the plants go where the cards say. period.

I think you should study up on the case law. locked and secured has been applied to being home w/plants outside. your providing "secure" just by being home. second. LEO has no authority, its the judge AND entering a grow when there's proof its a med grow w/o passing that info to the issuing judge is a crime

It was a joke... really. I made a joke because I couldn't belive that one answer for this would not do, and it was dragging on and on and still is. Simple answer.

NO. You or him. Not both. One possesses the plants = he is the care giver. PT possesses the plants = no care giver

Don't tell me to read the law. Tell the OP.

It was a joke... really. I made a joke because I couldn't belive that one answer for this would not do, and it was dragging on and on and still is. Simple answer.

NO. You or him. Not both. One possesses the plants = he is the care giver. PT possesses the plants = no care giver

You can be a patient that possesses your own plants and still have a caregiver!

Don't tell me to read the law. (lol, im telling you to read the law!) Tell the OP.

:rolleyes:

it says right here in section 4

Sec. 4. (a) A qualifying patient who has been issued and possesses a registry identification card shall not be subject to arrest, prosecution, or penalty in any manner, or denied any right or privilege, including but not limited to civil penalty or disciplinary action by a business or occupational or professional licensing board or bureau, for the medical use of marihuana in accordance with this act, provided that the qualifying patient possesses an amount of marihuana that does not exceed 2.5 ounces of usable marihuana, and, if the qualifying patient has not specified that a primary caregiver will be allowed under state law to cultivate marihuana for the qualifying patient, 12 marihuana plants kept in an enclosed, locked facility. Any incidental amount of seeds, stalks, and unusable roots shall also be allowed under state law and shall not be included in this amount.

(b) A primary caregiver who has been issued and possesses a registry identification card shall not be subject to arrest, prosecution, or penalty in any manner, or denied any right or privilege, including but not limited to civil penalty or disciplinary action by a business or occupational or professional licensing board or bureau, for assisting a qualifying patient to whom he or she is connected through the department's registration process with the medical use of marihuana in accordance with this act, provided that the primary caregiver possesses an amount of marihuana that does not exceed:

(1) 2.5 ounces of usable marihuana for each qualifying patient to whom he or she is connected through the department's registration process; and

(2) for each registered qualifying patient who has specified that the primary caregiver will be allowed under state law to cultivate marihuana for the qualifying patient, 12 marihuana plants kept in an enclosed, locked facility; and

(3) any incidental amount of seeds, stalks, and unusable roots.

so

where's the question again?

Edited by mibrains