Average Cost Of Electric

I am looking to run a 400w mh for veg 18/6 and a 600w hps 12/12 for flower, as well as a few oscillating fans and a oil filled radiator heater.

What I am looking for is a good round about number to work with as far as how much this will cost on the electric bill.

Basically I am looking for people with similar small setups that already know in close proximity how much it will add on to the bill monthly.

Thanks in advance

Here is how to figure it.

400w times 18 hours per day = 7200 watts per day

7200 times 30 days in a month = 216000 watts per month

You are changed by kilowatt/hours normally around 12 to 15 cents per kilowatt/hour

so 216 Kilowatts times 15 cents = $32.40 for the 400 watt

Using the same formula for the 600w for 12 hours surprising enough you get the same $32.40

So just for the lights you have $64.80 but remember you have fans and maybe pumps and what ever else running that probably gets you up to the $100 everyone else mentioned. Also over a certain amount you pay more per kilowatt/hour. Check your last electric bill to find what you are paying per kwh.

Here is how to figure it.

400w times 18 hours per day = 7200 watts per day

7200 times 30 days in a month = 216000 watts per month

You are changed by kilowatt/hours normally around 12 to 15 cents per kilowatt/hour

so 216 Kilowatts times 15 cents = $32.40 for the 400 watt

Using the same formula for the 600w for 12 hours surprising enough you get the same $32.40

So just for the lights you have $64.80 but remember you have fans and maybe pumps and what ever else running that probably gets you up to the $100 everyone else mentioned. Also over a certain amount you pay more per kilowatt/hour. Check your last electric bill to find what you are paying per kwh.

Electric bills they suck it comes back every month....hahah.

I can only add I found my room set up the same without a heater ( if you do heat and do hydro think about using a appropriate sized aquarium heater in the water if inside the house to save money and 70 degrees is fine from my experimentation ) Most strains like it between 55 - 85 and most homes stay there even in winter . I don't put extra humidity in either - house stays at 30% down in grow room but I have no mold , or fungus at those levels and less pest problems . I like my winter grows the best ( oh the hydro tank evaperates more in winter ) . Wish I could just grow then and store but the 2.50 ounce limit is a problem . Mr . Vandrbutts court hearing saying you can't freeze or dry and store large quanties for use long term was a joke that only a ignorant jury would buy and desperate law enforcement would push on a patient with stage 4 cancer .

That and not even allowing him to use the AD for limits .

I spend about $80 a month though in summer my air conditioner bill gets higher about $25 a mo because I do not vent outside with a hood and fan . I keep plants off my concrete floor on 2 by 6 in winter to conseve heat and on it in summer to cool . Hope something in here helps you . Thanks to the others for reinforcing what I thought to be true . These things worked in my room but all rooms are different .

Archived