Mdch Rule Change

I haven't seen this so I thought I'd post something about it.

There is a notice on the MDCH web site about renewals.

If you file for your renewal late, your existing ID card number will no longer be valid. They will reject your renewal application and require you to file for a new card.

It sounds like, if you fall into that limbo land of waiting for your new card, that when leo would call to verify your ID card, the MDCH would tell them that the card is not valid.

That's right .. you have your old card. You have your 20 day old application copy.

Yet the MDCH would tell leo that your existing card isn't valid.

This is something new that was posted to their site without a public hearing.

Guest Happy Guy

You could read a little positive into it..... if you think about it this way;

MDCH said; If you file for your renewal late, your existing ID card number will no longer be valid.

Which could be read to mean that if you do file your renewal in a timely manor, your original ID number is still being validated at the MDCH. And if you didn't file on time then they can't be expected to say you are still legal after your card expired.

Guest Happy Guy

And since it's been taking so long for renewals is it really a big issue that you get a new card instead of a renewal if you don't file your renewal when you are supposed to? You really should get your renewal in on time. We can help you get all the forms right here. It's all up to the patient to get it in there on time. Don't delay!

You could read a little positive into it..... if you think about it this way;

MDCH said; If you file for your renewal late, your existing ID card number will no longer be valid.

Which could be read to mean that if you do file your renewal in a timely manor, your original ID number is still being validated at the MDCH. And if you didn't file on time then they can't be expected to say you are still legal after your card expired.

Yippi!! the MDCH are the good guys!

How about defending law abiding citizens?

1. they made a new rule without a public hearing.

2. the MDCH is willing to tell police that law abiding registered card holders are subject to arrest.

Guest Happy Guy

Yippi!! the MDCH are the good guys!

How about defending law abiding citizens?

1. they made a new rule without a public hearing.

2. the MDCH is willing to tell police that law abiding registered card holders are subject to arrest.

Characterizations are not always productive. Go ahead and try to change the rule. But what's more important, moving forward, at this time, is for us to get the word out to patients to get their renewals in on time. I bet everyone can agree on that.

I have a feeling this is just the first of many changes that will happen with out our consent this year.

So we wait 3 months for our card and have to renew 2-3 months early, so we get what 5-6 months of time for our year long permit?????

It's the same M.O. as always railroad us till we protest then back off..

And since it's been taking so long for renewals is it really a big issue that you get a new card instead of a renewal if you don't file your renewal when you are supposed to? You really should get your renewal in on time. We can help you get all the forms right here. It's all up to the patient to get it in there on time. Don't delay!

I think major barriers are money , abillity to do it , confusion as to when . ( count back 59 days from your expiration date and get your appointment in that week forward from the first opertunity . Days 59-52 to leave time incase your to sick to get in , car breaks etc . ) Many truely deserving do not have a way to transport themselves to clinics and are still confused of the process and being " known " . I have seen many compassion clubs are assisting people but it is hard for people to accept help or feel safe being transported in unknown conditions and often mental impairment accompanies illness . No not the kind insuinuated on patients who have pain as a pyschiatric disabillity becamse pain isnt one but real mental confusion and impairment often from FDA drugs along with periods of too much suffering . .

I have heard of people litterally being carried into clinics and Doctors who actually have gone to patients homes . It warms your heart yet makes you wonder why some of these people on total and permanent disabillity even have to renew unless Social Security has changed their status . Those of us on it understand how hard it is to obtain it is a long process for the majority of applicants and requires supportive documentation that can be difficult to gather for many individuals .

Guest Happy Guy

Some doctors, like Dr. Kenewell, are planning their 'on the road clinics' to conincide with their clinics last year. For example, they had one at Scott's place in Saginaw last year and then at the Hotel in Saginaw this year at the same time of year. It made it perfect for one of my patients to renew. MDCH dropped the ball and the renewal is late. It is good to hear that the MDCH is still calling the card good when called about it.

Characterizations are not always productive. Go ahead and try to change the rule. But what's more important, moving forward, at this time, is for us to get the word out to patients to get their renewals in on time. I bet everyone can agree on that.

And a word of warning to those out there that are waiting for their renewed ID cards.

You old ID card may have been marked invalid by the MDCH.

Guest Happy Guy

And a word of warning to those out there that are waiting for their renewed ID cards.

If you were late..... Only if you were late.

I have a feeling this is just the first of many changes that will happen with out our consent this year.

So we wait 3 months for our card and have to renew 2-3 months early, so we get what 5-6 months of time for our year long permit?????

It's the same M.O. as always railroad us till we protest then back off..

Relax GNuby, I sent mine in about a week ahead max. had no problems.

Make sure you get your Reg Mail Rct for proof of mailing. Maybe why I didnt have any problems, verified delivery.

Truth is I almost forgot, the year goes fast, specially when you only have the card for a few months then its time to renew.

This is not a change of anything, Relax. Check Your Expiration Dates . Plan Ahead . Its not that difficult .

What change? Have you read the rules lately?

Why would anybody assume or expect that their card is good after it expires? My driver’s license is no good after it expires. It is my responsibility to renew my DL and my MMJ card. Sure the MDCH has its faults, but seriously, why would anyone expect that their card is good after it expires if they failed to do what the law and rules requires of them to renew?

See, the problem here is that you make some very pointed accusations, that quite frankly, make us all look bad, much like your essay last summer about how you thought that the Saginaw County Sheriff may have had snipers on rooftops ready to pick off protesting marijuana patients. People on the “outside” laugh at us about that sort of thing. I’ve heard a lot of it.

Maybe you don’t hang out with many non-MMJ people and don’t hear the talking points that the antis use. You do understand how antis of any persuasion work, right? They take the stupidest things their opponents says, the worst photos, the most inaccurate statements, and they make media bites and destroy their opposition’s image.

Sound bite: “All those whiny medical marijuana people don’t think they need to renew their cards on time”

I have a lot of respect for what you do, as do many others on this site and elsewhere. When they/we understand your goals and read your pieces, we don’t assume the worst…but we are the MINORITY….if/when anyone else on the “outside” reads examples of your works such as this, they immediately and irreversibly characterize us a fools and we all take a step back.

You need to renew cards for a reason. The law requires it. You don’t get a card day one and expect it to be good for 10 years. That isn’t what our law says, and it isn’t what the rules says.

What do the rules say?

R 333.117 Annual renewal; expiration of registry identification card; fee.

Rule 17. (1) Pursuant to section 6(e) of the act, a registry identification card shall be renewed on an annual basis to maintain active status as a registered qualifying patient or a registered primary caregiver.

(2) A registry identification card shall expire on the first day of the month 1 year following issuance of the card.

(3) An applicant for renewal of a registry identification card shall submit an application and information as provided in R 333.103(a), © and (d).

(4) If an applicant fails to comply with subrules (1) and (3) of this rule by the expiration date on the registry identification card, the registry identification card shall be considered null and void and of no further effect. The applicant may submit a new application to the department.

So why would you say the MDCH changed the rules with regard to renewals and then post a renewal policy that is completely consistent with the rules?

These false accusations are unproductive and reflect negatively on all of us.

People, send your paperwork in on time, and move on.

I suppose the people who are hospitalized or for some other reason aren't able to file on time should be screwed right HG? Always wondered what side you were on.

Folks, Get those renewals out pronto. If they mess with you either way, we're not going to be happy. I am personally sick of them terrorizing sick folks. They can't do their job right under the current system, so they throw in a wrinkle. It's just going to slow down the process by creating more applications.

We must prepare. Rick Jones has listed our law as one of his top two priorities. We know all about Shutte. So the time is now to start the organizing. After the new government is sworn in, we need to swamp them with calls and letters. We are going to absolutely let them know that we are against any changes to the law. Pack the halls at every hearing about the matter. Fill the streets if it makes it out of committee. We are very much in control know. We just have to let them know we're here and nobody including them has our proxy. I'm going to be talking to leaders in the movement in the next few days to develop further strategies and areas of responsibility. This is going to be a fight folks, but we're batting a thousand right now. There is no reason to think we'll loose.

When the people give you a right, it is up to you to defend that right against tyrants. I know some of you can't protest, but you can write and can help organize writing and calling campaigns. We will prevail. The people are tired of politicians interfering in freedom. This will be their undoing.

And remember poeple wars need money to buy supplies and feed troops. So donate whever you can to MED MJ or organizations against prohibition like NORML, or MPP. Safe access is good too or the MMMA.org I donate to causes monthly. Not trying to get recognition don't need it but I do want to tell people how important it is to fight with your wallet as well as your keyboard hands. This is more than just talking big on boards n posts. Donate however you can, time money, whatever. It all adds up. The more capital that gets infused into the PRO side the quicker we let these politicians know that their greedy motivated backers learn that they cannot fight the will of the people.

If every CG or patient donated some just a few percent of earnings back into the cause we would not be bitching about getting thrown under the bus continually. MONEY TALKS. BS walks it rear on down the street. These people sadly only recognize money as their god. So we must infuse larger amounts of capital into the system to be properly equipped.

Folks, Get those renewals out pronto.

I support Blueberry on the importance of cardholders turning in their renewal applications -with all required support documents- ON TIME. Bottom line, your card expires on the date stamped on it. All cardholders, both patients and caregivers, must comply with the law about submitting renewal docs ON TIME. If they don't they may submit new applications with all required docs and fees.

May I offer the services of Lansing's Green Cross Compassion Club to expedite cardholder renewal submissions. I invite folks to mail (or use overnight delivery) your original or renewal application to Green Cross and we will hand-deliver it to the Registry to get stamped "RECEIVED" on the spot. We go daily to the MMMA Registry office to turn in new and renewal applications. They are accepted and stamped "RECEIVED" in front of us. We are happy to provide clients an attestation asserting that via fax, email attachment, or mailed printed copy. Even better, if the client can accompany us to the Registry office then an employee will stamp your copy as "RECEIVED" and return it to you in person. _That is as official as it gets._ Feel free to write me at Rich@GreenCrossMI.com or call me at 877-MED-KWIK.

Rich

All you need to do is make sure that you apply for renewal in a timely manner. If you fail to apply in a timely manner MDCH has no choice but make your card invalid. What else would or should they do? This isn't the fault of MDCH, if you fail to send in renewal on time, who is to blame?

Don't want to sound like an rectum, but this is some CHIT stirring, IMHO.

Rich, Thanks for your kind offer. It is offering services like this to the sick that make our medical marijuana businesses the most compassionate and socially responsible in the world.

Glad to help Joe. Thank YOU for YOUR service. Michigan has a medical needs-based marijuana law so by definition "it's all about the patients' rights." Rich

I haven't seen this so I thought I'd post something about it.

There is a notice on the MDCH web site about renewals.

If you file for your renewal late, your existing ID card number will no longer be valid. They will reject your renewal application and require you to file for a new card.

It sounds like, if you fall into that limbo land of waiting for your new card, that when Leo would call to verify your ID card, the MD CH would tell them that the card is not valid.

That's right .. you have your old card. You have your 20 day old application copy.

Yet the MD CH would tell Leo that your existing card isn't valid.

This is something new that was posted to their site without a public hearing.

Dear Robert: I understand your frustration and anger over the events in Oakland County relating to medical marijuana clinics. Problems similar to this have been occurring all across the state and in our courts as the new law is being implemented. As a result, I am currently serving on a Medical Marijuana Task Force appointed by House Speaker Andy Dillon to look at amending the act to make it more clear and to avoid any issues like those that are occurring around the state currently. We hope to have recommendations made for amending the statutes before the end of this year. Thank you again for contacting me.

i post this here all the time i thnk we have already ran out of time IMO

they are working on changing you can bet on that

Bob, You are very right. They are going to attack our law. What they don't understand is we will not let them make any changes to our law. We have right on our side. Sometimes that's enough. Thanks, Joe

you are right Joe we will fight the good fight for sure i no the MMMA and all don't want to see any change in the Law i knew that from day one

This Law we have here is the best MMJ law on the books whats so good about it ? it covers every thing and every body IMO

So is that why renewal packets are going out late if going out at all?!

My renewal packet showed up a week before my card expired but I was smarter than them I went to my cert DR and got it taken care of way before that.

MDCH is in bed with LEO and could give a rats arse if anyone gets arrested!!

Archived