Feds Want Mich. Records In Medical-Marijuana Probe

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/chi-ap-mi-medicalmarijuanap,0,7011468.story

LANSING, Mich. —

Federal agents want the state of Michigan to turn over records in a medical-marijuana investigation of seven people in the Lansing area.

The U.S. attorney's office is asking a judge to order the state to comply with a subpoena. In a court filing last week, prosecutors said the state is resisting because of a privacy provision in Michigan law.

Drug agents want records of medical marijuana patient cards or marijuana caregiver cards for seven people. The seven are not identified in court documents.

There are no details about the investigation. In a court document, Assistant U.S. Attorney John Bruha (BREW'-ha) says possession and distribution of marijuana is illegal under federal law, even if Michigan voters approved medical marijuana in 2008.

The Oakland Press

Feds want Michigan records in medical-marijuana probe

Published: Monday, December 27, 2010

LANSING, Mich. (AP) — Federal agents want the state of Michigan to turn over records in a medical-marijuana investigation of seven people in the Lansing area.

The U.S. attorney’s office is asking a judge to order the state to comply with a subpoena. In a court filing last week, prosecutors said the state is resisting because of a privacy provision in Michigan law.

Drug agents want records of medical marijuana patient cards or marijuana caregiver cards for seven people. The seven are not identified in court documents.

There are no details about the investigation. In a court document, Assistant U.S. Attorney John Bruha (BREW’-ha) says possession and distribution of marijuana is illegal under federal law, even if Michigan voters approved medical marijuana in 2008.

Hey folks, this is some pretty serious chit about to play out!

Mizerman :growl::devil::sword::notfair:

I cannot stand the hypocrisy and the my sheet don't stink attitude of Joakland County :growl: !

It also wouldn't surprise me one bit either that Joakland County is behind the subversion of our law and civil rights and approached the feds with an offer for the records if the feds said they'd ask for them.

As persecutor of that county Patterson wasn't shy about violating the rights of defendants or trying people in the press with his snide remarks and innuendos towards a defendant. And now with his faithful Sheriff Mutely at his heels even as county exec he wields power and influence in the LEO community.

Quoting Patterson; "we don't want Oakland County the center of medical marijuana" don't worry your pretty little hang over there Brooksy we don't either, or at least i don't!

“Freedom is never voluntarily given by the oppressor; it must be demanded by the oppressed.”

Boy oh boy oh boy!!!!! What has our government become? THE RED COATS ARE COMMING!!! THE RED COATS ARE COMMING!!! To late they are already kicking down doors, raiding shops, and stressing out patients untill death occures.

Rember Sal. As an Honorable Discharged Marine (I do belive he is), he would love to see EVERYONE at the capitol steps fighting for our rights WE THE PEOPLE voted for.

With all the WIKKI LEAKS stuff that is out there, it goes to show that the US Government is the biggest tyrant on earth. Only difference is that there are many in our government. We can not point the finger at one person and say "YOU!" and go after them untill they are hiding in the mountains, in the cellars of our neighbors, or just being drug out of their own country and incarcerated in a forigen prison. Not saying who's right or who's wrong, just saying what the heck is the differance?

We'll start at the steps.....BLUEBERRY FOR GOVERNOR......MICHAEL KOROMAN FOR ATTORNEY GENERAL, DOUG ORTON FOR LEIUTENT GOVERNOR etc... Look out! (had to end with an up-note. this makes me upset, puts a lump right in the middle of my throat, makes me sicker.)

We will fight these tyrants in the state house and expose them for what they are. They are selling out Michiganders again. They want the Colorado Dispensaries to come in and run our system(And of course pay them off). The deed is done, our lawmakers have put our law up for bids. We have not taken up a cause and lost yet. We may get bloodied, but we will kick their butts every time we go up to bat. Thanks, Bb

This article frosts my bonnet ! Sadly most of us are disabled but if you want to beat them your going to have to organize hundreds of qualified writers to respond to each posted online negative Michigan Medical Cannabis article while pointing out common sense debating points . These last minute protests help but won't push the needle much . Truth is on our side but the public is not being won over through marketing and education at their doors . They aren't going to come into compassion clubs only patients will. They don't know Bouchards Aligator's are 18 inches and there was one pet in that instance . The man is a baffoon . They don't know Boyke had a few seedlings over and his home ruined , just detroyed with legal extorsion taking place . Feiderspeil should of warned him and destroyed the seedlings he was over and had a public discussion of it all with his community .

The public is busy and doesn't really understand that a few immature uneducated Sheriffs and Goons are abusing common sense application of a law that was written to protect patients not further injure them . People are wrongly hanging on to the comfort of the status quo and afraid of our community that are somewhat rebellious and different . ( atleast I know I am along with impaired by injury and decline )

Some men do not belong in positions of power as it is always gray and subject to being exercised without proper , compassion , intent and discretion . People who follow exact words are defective and unable to do more then hold the world up and injure the people . I speak directly against the fallacy of mandatory sentances and penalties as ever dispensing justice . I repeat words of law are a framework that should encompass temperance and justice .

The movement needs to have more professionals publish about the common sense lies and abuses that the media fails to enter into the press without equal time . Professional writers with creditials to access the AP pounding on the table to difuse this concept of Haze or Confusion of gray areas in the act that need fixing .Again it is not being interpreted to assist and protect patients access . The whole concept of regulation of a this plant is leading to increased problems not to mention standing in the way of qualified medicinal patients desires to feel comfortable keeping the limits needed to eat or apply oil/ tinctures under the tongue over vaporizing or smoking .

This is where student activists who have educated themselves need to spend time on vacation then post good writting everywhere over and over in 2011. We all here agree on one point . No changes in current law it is just not being interpreted to protect patients..... only a seperate stated addendum of proper increased abillities need be developed that provide for increased access and patient protections should arrest and incarceration occur through medicinal use or any other offenses that come into question for qualified patient cardholders is needed .

The facts are on our side we must push back exclaiming the truth to the Public about how the system has corrupted itself around the capturing , caging , processiing , arresting , treating , testing , judging , transporting , monitoring , while pushing many good citizens underground out of the normal economy and spending billions on unsuccessful interdiction . Anyone can obtain cannabis easier then in 1970 when Nixon declared a War on drugs leading us down this path where kids now use dangerous substances and die to try to evade testing thats a pure waste enriching a few at a huge cost to society . The idea were protecting kids by prohibition is as ludicrious now as it was when we were all young .Kids are smart and some will always experiment and find a way but lets hope its with something that doesn't permanently injure them . In Countries like Portugal where cannabis is legal use falls of among all age groups after the initial novelty wears off .Were proving daily in the medical cannabis community , cannabis actually has a huge potential for use in successful hard drug subtance abuse detoxification . After all the fighting all the causualities except in propoganda there is more access to the drug then ever . God Bless everyone even Bouchard , the Dea , and Federspiel its never too late to improve oneself and be part of the solution instead of the problem .

aplogies for spelling errors etc I am doing the best I can . I hope this helps someone with better abillities fight for us . We need all the help we can get in the proper directions . Retreat is not a option for patients out of time or alternatives that give comfort .

I tried to improve the article after rest I used to be able to do this days later on my own > if there is a way it could happen again it may of been some sort of mistake . I would appreciate it as part of my ongoing rehabillitation effort . I dont have software to do what this site does . Its part of my disabillity situation I shouldn't ask for something that may not be normal to everyone . I dont think well when in pain and tired but if it was possible I could use it . Thanks sorry to be a pain moderators .

You do not have permission to edit this topic

My Comment on the Article POSTED on Chi Trib:

MieCaall at 7:45 PM December 27, 2010 Remember the Red Dust that covered all the Packages ? It was the Dried Blood of the 30,000+ Mexicans they've Killed there.

The Product they call Dope ? The Cannabis is / was used as Medicine by Millions for Centuries.

Now just for Political Gain, PR, something we do ?

!!! STOP THE MADNESS NOW !!! We're Very Late !!!

Boy oh boy oh boy!!!!! What has our government become? THE RED COATS ARE COMMING!!! THE RED COATS ARE COMMING!!! To late they are already kicking down doors, raiding shops, and stressing out patients untill death occures.

Rember Sal. As an Honorable Discharged Marine (I do belive he is), he would love to see EVERYONE at the capitol steps fighting for our rights WE THE PEOPLE voted for.

With all the WIKKI LEAKS stuff that is out there, it goes to show that the US Government is the biggest tyrant on earth. Only difference is that there are many in our government. We can not point the finger at one person and say "YOU!" and go after them untill they are hiding in the mountains, in the cellars of our neighbors, or just being drug out of their own country and incarcerated in a forigen prison. Not saying who's right or who's wrong, just saying what the heck is the differance?

We'll start at the steps.....BLUEBERRY FOR GOVERNOR......MICHAEL KOROMAN FOR ATTORNEY GENERAL, DOUG ORTON FOR LEIUTENT GOVERNOR etc... Look out! (had to end with an up-note. this makes me upset, puts a lump right in the middle of my throat, makes me sicker.)

"THE RED COATS ARE COMMING!!! THE RED COATS ARE COMMING!!!"

One if by land ...two if by sea.... where will Michigan voters be?

History buffs will note they came by land and sea.

I think any successful rally or protest has to inclued a correlated mechanism for transportation of people who either do not have a way to get there or are unable to drive. Volunteer drivers, leasing buses, etc. What ever it takes to get the numbers where there needed. This is what the Civil Rights Movement and the Vietnam War protester's did when they merged on Washington D.C. They trucked people in by the thousands and that is what really gave them the numbers they needed. That with enough notice could shut down traffic in the Lansing area for a day. It can be taken to what ever level you wish. To off set cost ask for donations. I belive that there are a large number of people who would attend, but lack transportation.

I think any successful rally or protest has to inclued a correlated mechanism for transportation of people who either do not have a way to get there or are unable to drive. Volunteer drivers, leasing buses, etc. What ever it takes to get the numbers where there needed. This is what the Civil Rights Movement and the Vietnam War protester's did when they merged on Washington D.C. They trucked people in by the thousands and that is what really gave them the numbers they needed. That with enough notice could shut down traffic in the Lansing area for a day. It can be taken to what ever level you wish. To off set cost ask for donations. I belive that there are a large number of people who would attend, but lack transportation.

http://michiganmedicalmarijuana.org/topic/24263-waterford-district-court-protest-press-release/page__p__217027__hl__%2Bferndale+%2Brally__fromsearch__1#entry217027

What would also help our cause immensely would be if every Michigan politician, LEO, sports personality, entertainer, musician, actor, what ever come out of the cannabis closet and stand with us.

Yes, the one to get is Jeff Daniels.

He's pure Michigan and oozes Midwestern goodliness.

The movement needs to have more professionals publish about the common sense lies and abuses that the media fails to enter into the press without equal time . Professional writers with creditials to access the AP pounding on the table to difuse this concept of Haze or Confusion of gray areas in the act that need fixing .Again it is not being interpreted to assist and protect patients access . The whole concept of regulation of a this plant is leading to increased problems not to mention standing in the way of qualified medicinal patients desires to feel comfortable keeping the limits needed to eat or apply oil/ tinctures under the tongue over vaporizing or smoking .

This is where student activists who have educated themselves need to spend time on vacation then post good writting everywhere over and over in 2011. We all here agree on one point . No changes in current law it is just not being interpreted to protect patients..... only a seperate stated addendum of proper increased abillities need be developed that provide for increased access and patient protections should arrest and incarceration occur through medicinal use or any other offenses that come into question for qualified patient cardholders is needed .

The facts are on our side we must push back exclaiming the truth to the Public about how the system has corrupted itself around the capturing , caging , processiing , arresting , treating , testing , judging , transporting , monitoring , while pushing many good citizens underground out of the normal economy and spending billions on unsuccessful interdiction . Anyone can obtain cannabis easier then in 1970 when Nixon declared a War on drugs leading us down this path where kids now use dangerous substances and die to try to evade testing thats a pure waste enriching a few at a huge cost to society . The idea were protecting kids by prohibition is as ludicrious now as it was when we were all young .Kids are smart and some will always experiment and find a way but lets hope its with something that doesn't permanently injure them . In Countries like Portugal where cannabis is legal use falls of among all age groups after the initial novelty wears off .Were proving daily in the medical cannabis community , cannabis actually has a huge potential for use in successful hard drug subtance abuse detoxification . After all the fighting all the causualities except in propoganda there is more access to the drug then ever . God Bless everyone even Bouchard , the Dea , and Federspiel its never too late to improve oneself and be part of the solution instead of the problem .

aplogies for spelling errors etc I am doing the best I can . I hope this helps someone with better abillities fight for us . We need all the help we can get in the proper directions . Retreat is not a option for patients out of time or alternatives that give comfort .

Yes Indeed,

thanks Croppled1

Hi MaxMax, I think private enterprise does have a place in the activist community. It is to sponsor the community. I will oppose any commercial enterprise that tries to form an advocacy movement. It leads to the problems that we are going through right now. There can't be any confusion when people are asked to deploy to the streets. Never again can the community be lured into the kind of mess it finds itself in now. Thanks, bb

The feds are targeting dispensary suply lines. I was on the horn this afternoon and have a very good direction of why this is going down. They already for sure know who the main people are they are targeting they want to do a good ole shake down and hit the suppport network to a few places. The odds are they already have enough info already because they know the people now they want patient info as well to probably bring about additional re-selling charges.

Nothing new here....anybody who knows how they gather INTEL knows they hit a whole network and take it all down. Somebody pissed off the wrong people. I have a really funny feeling this is all spilling over from Oakland County. They for sure it appears are going after people that think they are going to open starbucks of the MED MJ world. Or going after a few bigtime CG's running fronts for illegal selling activity.

I tend to lean towards the store front owners that are claiming they are doing it to help the sick. Well when a DEA agent watches a shop pull down deep figures weekly that draws eyes and ears. THey chase the money trail...then dissect it and hunt down the players involved.

Its just about the money for these loacl police who work inconjunction with the feds.

The feds are targeting dispensary suply lines. I was on the horn this afternoon and have a very good direction of why this is going down. They already for sure know who the main people are they are targeting they want to do a good ole shake down and hit the suppport network to a few places. The odds are they already have enough info already because they know the people now they want patient info as well to probably bring about additional re-selling charges.

Nothing new here....anybody who knows how they gather INTEL knows they hit a whole network and take it all down. Somebody pissed off the wrong people. I have a really funny feeling this is all spilling over from Oakland County. They for sure it appears are going after people that think they are going to open starbucks of the MED MJ world. Or going after a few bigtime CG's running fronts for illegal selling activity.

I tend to lean towards the store front owners that are claiming they are doing it to help the sick. Well when a DEA agent watches a shop pull down deep figures weekly that draws eyes and ears. THey chase the money trail...then dissect it and hunt down the players involved. The reason they want the additional info from the MDCH is to not waste so many man hours hunting down small time amounts. In comparison to most FED cases they usually hunt SYNDICATES. aka cartels...or gangs running HARD drugs...but apparently our MI DEA is down with going after MED MJ supply lines to sick people. More wasted money to a war that will never..EVER be won or even close to winning a battle on. Sound familiar.....Vietnam, Iraq, Afghanistan./././

I support our troops but this countries politicians love to waste money of really dumbs things and forgets about most our our major cities are falling apart. If they want to win wars go to places like Detroit look at the graduation rates and figure out why we have so much crime in the Metro Area. NO jobs, low education levels breeds violent crimes.

Its just about the money for these local police who work inconjunction with the feds. They just want to milk this war out on med Mj a bit longer as long as possible just like every other branch of government, suck the people dry. Hmm isn't that what Granholm did, Kwame K, who else....am I missing....

the Feds are coming you can bet on that they know the mmj is coming from out of State how else would the dispensary's have 25 different kinds

they are not stupid the Feds have been in this war a long time even knowing the dispensary's are brave for what they do it wont be worth it for what they may get

they are taking a big Chance

There are a few items that may not have been spotted yet on this thread.

First this situation has been cooking since June. That was when the subpoena was handed to the MDCH.

This has been fought by the MDCH since then. Cudo's to the MDCH for protecting the patients of Michigan.

This is a direct assault on the confidentiality section of the medical marijuana act. It is possible that this section of the law could be held unconstitutional on a federal basis. If this section of the law is destroyed, then patient and caregiver records would be open to anyone in law enforcement.

Next, this has been in court already. That means it is likely that the office of the AG has presented a case in support of this section of law.

It would be very interesting to see exactly what our AG office has said to support this section of law. In an official document, presented in court.

Archived