I watched a program not long ago where they showed mother plants

that had several strains propagated onto each. This looked to be a

great solution to having several strains w/ out going over your plant

count. I have seen this done w/ fruit trees. If there is someone who

did see this program or has experience/ knowledge as to this process,

please post. I would love to learn more but am coming up empty on

any of my "searches"

Thanks

it's called grafting. another option is air layering clones.

if you grafted 5 strains onto one mom and then air layered 5 clones per strain you could turn 5 moms + 25 clones equaling 30 plants into a single plant :)

much too much headache imo i change strains way to often. i have thought about testing this out and selling moms with 5 elite strains on them I'm sure that could fetch a good price!

i do not think you could do it in some ones basement maybe IN A Lab each plant could use differ en food and grow differently just would not work

and if you could do it and Leo would come in and you would go to court and that would cost you $$$ it's better to stay you 12 and 2.5 i do and will always will it just ant worth it t

o be over any kind of way

People stay your 12 if you need more then that learn more go to the clubs they can help

if you grafted 5 strains onto one mom and then air layered 5 clones per strain you could turn 5 moms + 25 clones equaling 30 plants into a single plant :)

much too much headache imo i change strains way to often. i have thought about testing this out and selling moms with 5 elite strains on them I'm sure that could fetch a good price!

Grafting... yes, thank you!

I have seen such grafted 5 variety mj "trees" growing under sunlight in greenhouses looking healthy, but not indoors. Guy on Bud Trader has been long-time advertising for someone to do it for him indoors.

I have see this done before to MM plants and it dose work. however as it has been stated it is a lot of work for a plant that is only going to live 3 month. However if you are just using it for your mother plant I could defiantly see the work being worth it.

From what I have read the plant that will be taking the graph should be the longest flowering plant you have so that if you put it into bloom the internal clock on the plants root system dose not run out before the branches have time to flower completely.

I think I am going to have to finally try this out. I want to take two plants and graph every strain I have to them. one will be a backup. The only thing I do not like about this Idea is if you lose a mother, you lose a lot of strains.

I have done some grafting in my time... AND regarding grafting cannabis plants-

Well, if I was to do it.... I would find a strain which could provide vigorous growth and is very disease resistant for the root stock.

I would also work with strains with similar qualities but none as vigorous as the mother root stock. I would also try to figure out a way to eliminate the mother's upper growth and totally depend on her ONLY for roots. By conducting this relocation of energy all the strains which are grafted would not have to deal with the mother's own desires to grow out upper growth.

Either way it would be a crap shot... I do think it would work with the right combination's and environment... In fact I know it would work with cannabis (as most with "most" plants), I have seen it done before. Personally I would try to limit the grafts to three strains per root stock.

I think 5 would carry to many variables for disease and such things.

There are multiple grafting techniques and I really don't know which one would work best... But I think compatibility would be the key issue.-- Think "strong" grafting onto "strong" plants would be the #1 motto.

Once ya have a success ya could probably push the limits a little more each time.

Good luck, sounds fun.

:skydive:

Archived