The Mos Cutty Project

Guest MosCutty

Guest MosCutty

I always invision Bish as a "T.J.Hooker" looking Shatner. or a young Westly Crusher, or the un-knowen crew member in landing party. LOOK OUT!!!!

LOL....T.J Hooker all the way!

• Replies 328
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OH I see BG you think I must look like an albino shape-shifting bxxxh! How did you know? I will post a photo sometime soon, but I want to give humans time to prepare first. I want no madness from looking upon my hideous form.

Thanks all you guys for letting me know someone notices my posts...

Flower room thoughts:

I’ve checked the gear stash and have come up with possible light and plant count.

We are looking at possible plant count between 12-16.

The problem that I am having is the size of my room, if I had two more feet width wise I could fit 2 systems side by side no problem.

However with only 11 feet width, if I run 2 systems (36in. foot print, width) I only have 8 inches on each side. And that will be tight.

But I hate wasted space so I’ll have to figure something out.

I have 5 radiant air-cooled hoods that can be used.

4 600-watt lumatek digital ballast

1 400-watt lumatek digital ballast

For a total of 2800 possible watts

All other major gear for this setup will need to be purchased.

I have decided this will be a sealed room running CO2; this will increase the cost of the setup quit a bit.

I’m a believer that CO2 is the last thing that should be added to a room. You must have a dialed in setup or you will have problems. So here is the list to get us dialed!

2 Vortex 6” inline fans (one for lights, the other for carbon filter)

1 Phresh Filter 550 CFM Carbon Filter

Sentinel Chhc 4 environmental control- to run the show.

Milwaukee Smart ph/ec/tds combo

HydroGen Pro Water Cooled CO2 Generator

EcoPlus 1/4HP Water Chiller.

Sun Blaze Ft 6 bank (for veg room)

We already have a dehumidifier (however it’s old school so we will see.

Portable AC will need to be purchased but has not been specked.

I saw some things in building your grow room that were very similar to mine. That sparked my interest, I will be sure to keep a watch on your journal. Some of the things I don't fully understand how you plan to use them.

For example, one fan for the lights and one for the filter. Is the one for the lights going to exhaust outside of the house? Is the one for the filter going to just exchange the air out of the grow room into the basement (it looks to be in a basement)?

How many cfm is each of the 6" fans?

How is the flower room going to intake air since it will be sealed?

For my grow room, I considered having it fully sealed, but I decided not to because I was concerned with mold or bud rot. In the wall cavities I had light proof vents installed so the room could breathe to help prevent mold issues and so I could keep the prehung exterior doors fully closed while the lights are on. Do you plan on intaking air to the grow room with an additional intake fan?

I am very curious to see your progress. In my case, I am exhausting too much air to where CO2 would be usless.

I really like seeing all the different ways people have been putting together their grow rooms. We can all learn so much from each other.

Guest MosCutty

I saw some things in building your grow room that were very similar to mine. That sparked my interest, I will be sure to keep a watch on your journal. Some of the things I don't fully understand how you plan to use them.

For example, one fan for the lights and one for the filter. Is the one for the lights going to exhaust outside of the house? Is the one for the filter going to just exchange the air out of the grow room into the basement (it looks to be in a basement)?

How many cfm is each of the 6" fans?

How is the flower room going to intake air since it will be sealed?

For my grow room, I considered having it fully sealed, but I decided not to because I was concerned with mold or bud rot. In the wall cavities I had light proof vents installed so the room could breathe to help prevent mold issues and so I could keep the prehung exterior doors fully closed while the lights are on. Do you plan on intaking air to the grow room with an additional intake fan?

I am very curious to see your progress. In my case, I am exhausting too much air to where CO2 would be usless.

I really like seeing all the different ways people have been putting together their grow rooms. We can all learn so much from each other.

Growgoddess thanks for the questions and joining in.

I need to draw up something in Adobe as a diagram for you guys.

The fan that cools the lights 400 cfms will run air from the outer room via DIY Darkroom leavours vent, for light proofing. This air will never touch the room.

The second fan 550cfms(based on room size) will be attached to the carbon filter. This will just recirculate the air in the room acting as a scrubber.

When running CO2 there is no need for any outside air source.

If the room is closed you must have a dehuey for the mold issues you mentioned. Air movement is also key.

It's been a busy day I will have updates when I gather myself. Glad you guys are watching :thumbsu:

Guest MosCutty

Bish, I just medicated, thanks.

Update:

I'm still up in the air about how many lights to run, so I needed to make choices about how many switches to run. I wired in 3 20 amps so I have some flexibility safety is key!

All the gear for the systems that needed to be shopped out have touched down. I spent most of the past few days hammering out the rooms. O’ wait I just got a nail gun set, you get the point.

I made all the Lowes, Creep’o, Menardy runs early in the day to beat the UPS and Fedex man/women.

I’ve started laying out the buckets for our 6 unit system which will fit nicely under the 6 bank T5 on order.

I thought it be wise to make templates of hole placements before any holes were cut.

I found a nice little hole saw set for 14.95 at the same location as the pumps and uniseals, got free shipping as well.

gallery_4481_529_101836.jpg

Template, I'll make a nicer one if this works. :thumbsu:

gallery_4481_529_47375.jpg

Cutting the first was the scary part. I'm looking at it thinking, if I don't pull this off my lady is going to kick my donkey!

gallery_4481_529_41414.jpg

Smooth no problems hole saw rocks, now the uniseal.....

gallery_4481_529_19266.jpg

She's in. Now it's time for a gang more holes needed good music for this!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h4AA6EuZe-k

gallery_4481_529_51528.jpg

I'd say I earned my keep for the day... Everyone have a Happy and Safe New Year. I'll be around later for chat.

Peace MoS

Growgoddess thanks for the questions and joining in.

I need to draw up something in Adobe as a diagram for you guys.

The fan that cools the lights 400 cfms will run air from the outer room via DIY Darkroom leavours vent, for light proofing. This air will never touch the room.

The second fan 550cfms(based on room size) will be attached to the carbon filter. This will just recirculate the air in the room acting as a scrubber.

When running CO2 there is no need for any outside air source.

If the room is closed you must have a dehuey for the mold issues you mentioned. Air movement is also key.

It's been a busy day I will have updates when I gather myself. Glad you guys are watching :thumbsu:

Thanks for the info. I can now picture it a bit more clearly in my head. :thumbsu:

I will continue to be looking for your progress reports.

Guest MosCutty

These are the totes I gote6451ad2.jpg I will have to get a picture of the grey totes

I really like those! How tall are they? you said you got them at Depot? Could be fun for a small veg setup.

Looking good Bro nice and clean. :goodjob:

Guest MosCutty

I hope everyone had a safe and happy New Year! I spent my time laying some pipe Here are the tools for the job.

(Astroglide has only been used for the purposes of inserting pvc into uniseals.) :rolleyes: More updates tomorrow see if we can get one of these bad boys fired up! :thumbsu:

gallery_4481_529_21591.jpg

I really like those! How tall are they? you said you got them at Depot? Could be fun for a small veg setup.

Looking good Bro nice and clean. :goodjob:

Not too tal they hold 5 gallons they are from ikea they are in the kids section. They are for storing kids stuff or growing killer plants. The one in the middle is my rocklock mom that is now over 3 feet tall. So small veg nothin makes for some nice plants. I just transferred the left totes contents into a 5 gallon bubble bucket in our little flower closet holds 2 plants. I have it scroged at 22 inches above the buckets and the blueberry I took out of the tote was I've 3 foot before I tucked it under the scrog.

Guest MosCutty

SO I did not see this yet. What a great pic to come across for my first post. Mos ill be watching you with this. Hit me up with a pm we should get together for lunch or something.

Yes, Yes my brotha we must do lunch, I have something to share with you from your assist last year. <_<

Not too tal they hold 5 gallons they are from ikea they are in the kids section. They are for storing kids stuff or growing killer plants. The one in the middle is my rocklock mom that is now over 3 feet tall. So small veg nothin makes for some nice plants. I just transferred the left totes contents into a 5 gallon bubble bucket in our little flower closet holds 2 plants. I have it scroged at 22 inches above the buckets and the blueberry I took out of the tote was I've 3 foot before I tucked it under the scrog.

Rocklock is awesome it's in my stash, however not growing it now. Nice find on the buckets, your grow looks great.

Looks like I better try and keep up

astroglide, a hammer and finished buds

Seems things have taken a turn for the ...... better? lol

Nice little show-gonna be in business in no time wink.gif

Yes sir, moving right long. I'm gonna go have my waffles and then upload some pics and hit the update. :sword:

Guest MosCutty

Update time!

So my body aches I can't feel my hands but lots of things are finished up. Veg Room is coming together nicely I decided to cover the buckets in both rooms. If temps get high which they will in the flowering room for sure these buckets will sweat.

Matters not if your running the commercial ones or DIY Room temps need to stay high when running CO2 water temp will be kept low 67 degrees.

Humidity will be kept at 50-60 we hope. :bow:

CO2 needs to ran at 1500ppm, So AC will need to fight those temps. I really need a AC ASAP!

There are tons of issues that I will discuss once I'm caught up. These setups are great but you gotta have it together.

Here are the two pot veg buckets.

gallery_4481_529_128680.jpg

The PVC for the control.

gallery_4481_529_15541.jpg

More PVC fun.

gallery_4481_529_78123.jpg

Veg room coming together! :sword:

gallery_4481_529_86331.jpg

My first question is why white bucket's? do u plan on painting them? im sure u can see light threw them. second, whats up with the huge hole u drilled in the bottom of the bucket's? i think your gonna have some heat issue's. sure your hood's are vented. but what about that hot air thats gonna build up in your room. the filter/fan combo aint gonna keep it cool just sitting in the room. thats just gonna keep circulateing the same air. ill keep watching and see how this turns out. :blink:

A pause for some song and dance.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cqg_ZGcuybs

Bubble Break Thank you Dr. T for the Bags. I still owe you. :bow:

gallery_4481_529_49259.jpg

gallery_4481_529_5451.jpg

gallery_4481_529_6447.jpg

gallery_4481_529_47631.jpg

gallery_4481_529_3996.jpg

gallery_4481_529_29603.jpg

Yes Yes.....And back to work!

gallery_4481_529_74655.jpg

nice!! one thing I do when making bubble is use a seperate bucket for mixing w/o the bags. cut a small hole in a lid. feed the paint mixer end thru the hole. close up and really let it have it!!! no splash and no ripped bags. pour the slurry into the bags when your ready.

also, winter is the best time for making for bubble. I'll set my mix outside for an hour, mix well and repeat 3-4 times. end up with a cannibis slurpee to pour thru my bags with great yields!!

Guest MosCutty

oh i didnt see that part about the a/c my bad. but i think your gonna be paying a huge electric bill. 2600 watts plus an a/c? man i hope u have fantastic yeild's.

King I'm glad you found the part about the A/C. obviously this is not a setup for a Newbie. In fact I've dreamed for years about being able to lay something like this down. With that said all aspects have been considered. I'm not saying there won't be problems. I thank you for keeping me on my toes.

You could run this setup as a 4 under one lamp and not face as many issues. But your right on this scale you gotta watch out. :skydive:

nice!! one thing I do when making bubble is use a seperate bucket for mixing w/o the bags. cut a small hole in a lid. feed the paint mixer end thru the hole. close up and really let it have it!!! no splash and no ripped bags. pour the slurry into the bags when your ready.

T

also, winter is the best time for making for bubble. I'll set my mix outside for an hour, mix well and repeat 3-4 times. end up with a cannibis slurpee to pour thru my bags with great yields!!

That's great, my dumb donkey out here buying ice in the middle of winter. Also like the idea of the separate bucket. Thank You. :thumbsu:

Archived