The Mos Cutty Project

Guest MosCutty

Guest MosCutty

Flowering Setup:

The walls are up, the electric is all there, insulated and all. But no gear until Wednesday! Can hang the lights and look at the system. Will also work on light traps for hood vents, I'd like to have as much done as possible so when the gear is on site and the plants have roots we roll!

Insulation keeps down moisture!

gallery_4481_529_112224.jpg

The 12 banger coming together!

gallery_4481_529_104210.jpg

Ahh is it just me or is that thing looking sweet?

gallery_4481_529_38408.jpg

• Replies 328
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest MosCutty

Cutty Thoughts:

So King brought up an important point about expense.

I’d like to say that I have worked very hard to afford to make an attempted at such a setup. (Which is small by some people’s standard.) But for me it’s a pretty big deal.

My hopes are to produce top quality meds as I have always done organically. My patients have asked for hydroponically grown medication so I will do my best to provide.

In the long run I’d like to develop a hybrid method that top feeds organics into the root crown. But I must crawl first.

If this setup is successful overtime it would allow me to make medication more affordable, which is a big plus.

I will discuss cost numbers at a later date. The lady of the house reads this and I dare not agate her with large numbers.

If I fail, lets just say I could be homeless!

MoS

oh i didnt see that part about the a/c my bad. but i think your gonna be paying a huge electric bill. 2600 watts plus an a/c? man i hope u have fantastic yeild's.

I ran (4) 1K lights during the summer (my first run in the new house). When I realized I could not continue without AC, I purchased a unit asap. Electric bill went from ~$500 to ~$820. Money wasn't really a problem then. But the thought of how much it costs to innefficiently cool the room that has an enormous heat source eats at my brain - EVEN MORESO when I know I can grow my plants outside under the best light ever in an organic mix. Not to mention I don't have to check pH or EC - just add water

Guest MosCutty

I ran (4) 1K lights during the summer (my first run in the new house). When I realized I could not continue without AC, I purchased a unit asap. Electric bill went from ~$500 to ~$820. Money wasn't really a problem then. But the thought of how much it costs to innefficiently cool the room that has an enormous heat source eats at my brain - EVEN MORESO when I know I can grow my plants outside under the best light ever in an organic mix. Not to mention I don't have to check pH or EC - just add water

Thanks for joining in Curegiver, you make very valid points. And your right summer will kill you indoors with high watts. I also agree the sun is the greatest gift and we should use it.

Our movement has some brave soldiers who master the outdoors, my hats off to them, Michigan summers are no joke when it comes to Ganga Farmer. Those who travel the road know what I'm talking about. :))

Guest MosCutty

so a couple quick questions.

how far apart are the plant sites.... from center to center??

and what do you expect/hope to yield from this set up?

Since this is a test grow I plan to stick with the 12 site UC footprint. Which is 36" x 108. This footprint would be used for vegging in most cases however I want to run a few strains, see how they adapt from years of organic soil. The veg time will be quick so they should stay in line. (Most concerned about DNA Lemon Skunk, hoping Bushmasters will keep her down.) Running *trellis net so would like a nice even canopy.

Then after the first run, re-organize the room to an 9 site XL foot print, when I can afford larger hoods.

As far as yield, I should have put that up front. I don't discuss yield amounts, all yields are expected to be within my legal limits as a patient and caregiver.

Since this is a test grow I plan to stick with the 12 site UC footprint. Which is 36" x 108. This footprint would be used for vegging in most cases however I want to run a few strains, see how they adapt from years of organic soil. The veg time will be quick so they should stay in line. (Most concerned about DNA Lemon Skunk, hoping Bushmasters will keep her down.) Running Scrog so would like a nice even canopy.

Then after the first run, re-organize the room to an 9 site XL foot print, when I can afford larger hoods.

As far as yield, I should have put that up front. I don't discuss yield amounts, all yields are expected to be within my legal limits as a patient and caregiver.

but whats the distance between stems??

and scrog? wtf? did i miss something?? :)

when did this come into play?? you gonna scrog all that?? im lost :)

Guest MosCutty

but whats the distance between stems??

and scrog? wtf? did i miss something?? :)

when did this come into play?? you gonna scrog all that?? im lost :)

The distance between stems will be 24" I'm kicking them out a bit since I have room.

I will run a pvc framed trellis net over the buckets. Sorry if I mis spoke, I'm very tired but trying to stay on top of things.

Don't get too excited, I'm sure you'll be there to catch me. :pic:

scrog......... and the true definition :)

what you will be doing is more or less building a cage to hold your plants up. a scrog starts when the plants are about 8" tall:

http://michiganmedic...creen-of-green/

and a scrogged plant looks more or less like this:

gallery_13801_60_48172.jpg

gallery_13801_60_178837.jpg

im not downing you...... i just have seen "scrog" used way too freely around here lately so i posted the dictionary.

i wish you the best............. im just seeing a much cheaper set-up to do as much or more.

Guest MosCutty

scrog......... and the true definition :)

what you will be doing is more or less building a cage to hold your plants up. a scrog starts when the plants are about 8" tall:

http://michiganmedicalmarijuana.org/topic/26776-bubblegrowers-bubble-scrog-screen-of-green/

and a scrogged plant looks more or less like this:

gallery_13801_60_48172.jpg

im not downing you...... i just have seen "scrog" used way too freely around here lately so i posted the dictionary.

i wish you the best............. im just seeing a much cheaper set-up to do as much or more.

Well lets do it BG, me and you your 12 banger against mine, same watts, same strain, you name the stains and the dates and watts. LOL you game or what. :sword:

I know your not downing me, I know what you like to do. :D

I gotta get back to the art of ganga farming I'll check in later.

Don't forget to pick the dates.

PS thanks for educating me on SCROG.

wow, you seem to have very low self esteem?

all i asked was about the "scrog" part that you just threw in for the very first time in this journal? is that so bad?

competition is a good thing, but humbling at the same time. trust me son, you are stepping on to a field that you dont want to play on quite yet.

im not bragging..... you are wrong.

i have said it a million times before and i will say it again....... i have many more years of experience compared to the most of you.

i do not take money or bragging rights............ i help.... period.

use my free help and become a better grower like the HUNDREDS of others.......... or make a fool out of yourself and continue your challenge.

i'd like to have your wife in on that one as well..... ya know.... she needs to see you getting your reputation destroyed.

my advice to you is build and grow on......... i have no hard feelings... nor competitive ones either.

Guest MosCutty

wow, you seem to have very low self esteem?

all i asked was about the "scrog" part that you just threw in for the very first time in this journal? is that so bad?

competition is a good thing, but humbling at the same time. trust me son, you are stepping on to a field that you dont want to play on quite yet.

im not bragging..... you are wrong.

i have said it a million times before and i will say it again....... i have many more years of experience compared to the most of you.

i do not take money or bragging rights............ i help.... period.

use my free help and become a better grower like the HUNDREDS of others.......... or make a fool out of yourself and continue your challenge.

i'd like to have your wife in on that one as well..... ya know.... she needs to see you getting your reputation destroyed.

my advice to you is build and grow on......... i have no hard feelings... nor competitive ones either.

Dude that's pretty weak and childish to come on here like that. I know your the greatest grower alive but darn.

You've got no respect for your fellow man. This is the internet cali boy, not really cool to disrespect my wife, since you don't know her or me for that matter.

You should really think about what you said here, I knew a little threat of friendly competition would drag out the Hater in you.

" i have many more years of experience compared to the most of you."

"make a fool out of yourself and continue your challenge."

"wow, you seem to have very low self esteem?"

"trust me son, you are stepping on to a field that you dont want to play on quite yet.

im not bragging..... you are wrong."

I kinda feel sorry for you brotha.

Guest MosCutty

Wow, very nice work that video man! Can't wait to see that thing get you built get fired up!StarTrekTheNextGenerationDataShipin.jpg

Thanks my friend! Things are coming together still have lots of stuff in the air.

It appears for now I will me running just 3 600 HPS, Need to make sure I can control the environment before adding more lights.

Thinking I will leave the system to one side in case I can add more lights. Wouldn't mind squeezing in a 4 or 6 unit system. However I would extent the front print for better spacing. Allowing me to grow the plants bigger.

Or perhaps some Hempy buckets or some other test. Can't stand wasted space in a flowering room.

I'm a smaller person so I can fit around anything.

I ordered the A/C unit from amazon and got free shipping! Hoping it's here when I need it.

The bulk of the gear is expected tomorrow. Lets hope it shows.

I will have updates of the cloner soon, I got roots!

Greetings all

I’m Mos Cutty a card carrying Medical MJ Patient/Caregiver. My journey with MJ like most began many trips around the sun ago. From first sight of this healing herb flowering I was hooked. Since then she has been apart of my life healing my body and mind.

I have decided to present the starts to my perpetual journal here at the 3MA as a means of sharing with the community. Hopefully I can share information and gain some along the way.

I do not proclaim to be an “expert” grower, however I do feel after mean years of becoming acclimated to the ways of MJ I do have a deep understanding of how this plant works. I believe you must stay learned and continue educating yourself as needed.

I’d also like to have a happiness policy if you decide to join in:

• It’s all about respect please respect the opinions given even if you disagree.
  • This is not a tutorial; my intent is only to share a project that I am working on.
  • I have a very busy life, so I will try to keep updated with pics, but sometimes duty may call.
  • All approaches and techniques are those that work for me and may not be for everyone.
  • Feel free to post pics and links that are on topic.
  • Music is a must and may cause going off topic.
  • Other then that let’s have fun!

The Project:

30-day build-out clone to flower and beyond!

Genetics

1st run

Dna Genetics: Lemon Skunk

Pre -98 Bubba x OG Kush Hybrid

Swampy’s Free Leonard (for all the OG’s out there!)

2nd Run

Dna Genetics, Lemon Skunk

TGA Subcool Deep Purple Courtesy of our friends at BloominBasements LLC

And we’ll dig into the Cut Vault and give something from the SFV a spin.

The Setup

This is a winter test grow for me, after many years of Organic soil production I have decided to add a hydro grow so I’m building rooms for a setup.

I decided to go with RDWC which is Recirculating Deep Water Culture for those who are not familiar.

Rooms

Cloning will take place in "The Sweet Spot." It’s the place where clones root in 5 days with 100% success. Done up DIY Aero Style.

Veg room 4 x 5

DIY Sub-Current Culture 6 unit w/ four hole inserts.

Lights will be some T5’s don’t know how many yet. Probably just a 6 bank to start.

Flowering Room 12 x 14

Will have as much as I can squeeze in there!

With and assortment of lights and gadgets.

Nutrients

RO water

General Hydroponics Flora Nova Series for base

And a few test amendments.

In the case of running two systems in flowering we’ll try something else side by side. :thumbsu:

Big shout outs to: High-Tech Desi, Dr. Tarzan, Subcool and Dna Genetics for awesome gear!

I been watchin'. Semmes you boys are gettin' a bit techy. Liked that first post. Hope you mend the fences. It's fun to watch.

Time to get back to constant sorrows...

http://www.bing.com/videos/watch/video/o-brother-where-art-thou-soundtrack-the-soggy-bottom-boys-i/559bdb205802e2ba53db559bdb205802e2ba53db-303330033954?q=oh+brother,+you+tube&FORM=VIRE4

Guest MosCutty

I was just trying to add a bit of levity to a ridiculous stand off....

but the system looks amazing, if I didnt know better i would this this was the undercurrent system...excellent work!!!

LOL, Yes every good soap opera needs drama and climax. It's all good were are passionate people. :D

Thanks, the system is awesome. No water leaks add a few adjustments but nothing major.

Is that the undercurrent system made by current culture or is it self made? I have been saving up to make one myself.

EDIT: Opps, just read the first page.

Gotta stop reading threads backwards.

Right on Scrog, Let me know if you need any help when your ready. Lots of fun to build, I made templates for everything so easy for me to recreate. :thumbsu:

I been watchin'. Semmes you boys are gettin' a bit techy. Liked that first post. Hope you mend the fences. It's fun to watch.

Time to get back to constant sorrows...

http://www.bing.com/videos/watch/video/o-brother-where-art-thou-soundtrack-the-soggy-bottom-boys-i/559bdb205802e2ba53db559bdb205802e2ba53db-303330033954?q=oh+brother,+you+tube&FORM=VIRE4

Toad, Thanks for the recap, I'm glad that you've been watching and have decided to join in. I love those Soggy Bottom Boys too. Great sound Track!

Everyone is welcome here too ask questions or lend some guidance, that's what community is all about. :rock:

Morning " MosCutty "

Sorry I missed your post ...

It's going to take me time getting use

to your new user-name ...

Plus Christmas time get a little CraZy around here ...

Plus trying to keep our Compassion Club going ...

Its really Not as easy as those may think it is ...

I See ALOT of Jealousy , Greed , Self centeredness , Anger

and I'm just tired of all the Fighting going on ...

Whos Meds are Better , What one should get compensated

for their Meds ... Blah... Blah ... Blah

It really bothers me Emotionally ...

I give you Alot of Credit for Sharing w/ others ...

Especially out here in Open Forum ...

I won't be much help in this thread ,

But i do enjoy reading on what others are doing .... :thumbsu:

Yes ... It is Nice to see a Plan come together ...

and I wish you nothing but the Best w/ your Adventure :thumbsu:

Thanks again for sharing ... I'll be watching

Guest MosCutty

Morning " MosCutty "

Sorry I missed your post ...

It's going to take me time getting use

to your new user-name ...

Plus Christmas time get a little CraZy around here ...

Plus trying to keep our Compassion Club going ...

Its really Not as easy as those may think it is ...

I See ALOT of Jealousy , Greed , Self centeredness , Anger

and I'm just tired of all the Fighting going on ...

Whos Meds are Better , What one should get compensated

for their Meds ... Blah... Blah ... Blah

It really bothers me Emotionally ...

I give you Alot of Credit for Sharing w/ others ...

Especially out here in Open Forum ...

I won't be much help in this thread ,

But i do enjoy reading on what others are doing .... :thumbsu:

Yes ... It is Nice to see a Plan come together ...

and I wish you nothing but the Best w/ your Adventure :thumbsu:

Thanks again for sharing ... I'll be watching

Finally my Brother Tarzan shows up. LOL Glad you made it buddy! :thumbsu:

Dr.T your one of the hardest working guys out there. You are one of the reason I decided to do this project for the community.

Your always giving and so kind. I know first hand when I was in a pinch, I called Dr.T and laid down the deal.

The brother was on my door step before I could get my first sip of coffee.

Remember our movement in MI is still young and many are still finding there way. Don't let them get you don't just do the best you can and rise above the B.S.

Really if you have not met Dr.T, please make a trip you will not leave disappointed!

PS Dr.T your a help where ever you go!

Okay I'm tired We'll have updates, in the A.M

Archived