Patient, Caregiver Relationship

Guest MMAisgood

Guest MMAisgood

How does it work on this site?

From what I've read it looks like a patient finds a caregiver, the caregiver grows for him/her, then the caregiver charges the patient to get the meds? Am I reading this right?

I can understand paying a caregiver for their services, but not letting the patient get the meds unless he/she buys them? Do different caregivers do it differently? Please let me know how this all works.

Every CG is different. I have it set up where my patients get X amount free every harvest, anything over that is charged at a discounted rate and then anything my patients do not need I offer up to other local patients as well as members of this board. Some CGs charge patients for everything, some charge their registered patients very little and recoup the expenses with the extras to other patients. All depends on both parties involved.

How does it work on this site?

From what I've read it looks like a patient finds a caregiver, the caregiver grows for him/her, then the caregiver charges the patient to get the meds? Am I reading this right?

the patient makes a donation for the services/time/meds rendered yes..... but yup, you got it :thumbsu:

Every CG is different. I have it set up where my patients get X amount free every harvest, anything over that is charged at a discounted rate and then anything my patients do not need I offer up to other local patients as well as members of this board. Some CGs charge patients for everything, some charge their registered patients very little and recoup the expenses with the extras to other patients. All depends on both parties involved.

:goodjob::thumbsu:

WOW= Awsome!

Peace

FTW

Jim

Guest MMAisgood

Thanks for the replies guys. I guess I'll have some searching to do if that's the way the majority of caregivers do it lol.

Does anybody here agree with me that paying your caregiver for your meds is wrong? I mean obviously the caregiver is using their time, resources, strains, etc. So paying the person for growing makes sense. But paying by the ounce, or whatever amount, to get the meds? Seems like the caregiver is trying to make easy money off the patient in that situation. No offense to the caregivers on here. I mean, if I was just gonna buy it off a grower I wouldn't waste the time finding a caregiver, I'd just walk down the street ya know?

That's what I think of it. No offense to anyone.

Thanks for the replies guys. I guess I'll have some searching to do if that's the way the majority of caregivers do it lol.

Does anybody here agree with me that paying your caregiver for your meds is wrong? I mean obviously the caregiver is using their time, resources, strains, etc. So paying the person for growing makes sense. But paying by the ounce, or whatever amount, to get the meds? Seems like the caregiver is trying to make easy money off the patient in that situation. No offense to the caregivers on here. I mean, if I was just gonna buy it off a grower I wouldn't waste the time finding a caregiver, I'd just walk down the street ya know?

The reality of it is, that it takes a decent chunk of change to grow meds for your patients. Every month my electricity is over 600, I do not grow in my home so another 1000 on rent, then throw in nutes, blown bulbs, new air pumps, pesticides, co2, I could go on and on. If your CG has a nice set up its going to cost him money to run it, I haven't ever had anyone propose how else to pay for meds besides the quantity of the meds you recieve. I guess you could take all monthly costs and divide them by all the patients and then split the harvest between the patients but each patient is only allowed 2.5 oz and any compitent harvest is going to get well over that per patient, as well as it being unfair to patients using less than other patients. I fully agree these 400+ oz is not acceptable and no one should ever have to pay that CG or no CG but I do think that a fair donation for the amount of meds you need is reasonable, just like at the pharmacy you pay your deductable if you're lucky enough to have insurance but if youre like me something like an inhaler could cost you $200 per month. Unfortunatly the US revolves around the green backs, and to a certain extent you get what you pay for when it comes to meds, you will find a good CG who is willing to give you a portion of your monthly usage for free I can almost guarentee you that.

Guest MMAisgood

@michiganmedclones

I get what you're saying.

I'd make sure to find someone who grows at their own place so the rent thing couldn't be an issue. As for electricity, I'm pretty sure it was this site actually.....but I've read that on average the cost of electricity for growing is around $100 a month. I could be wrong about that. As for the other things like broken bulbs and what not, that doesn't sound like it would be too expensive. I don't know every expense since I've never grown so if you could let me know what the big ones are I'd appreciate it.

Let me throw an example at you. Tell me what you think....

A patient finds a caregiver. Now if I went by what I said above one definite cost would be electric. And on average indoor plants take about 3-4 months to grow if I'm not mistaken. So there's a $300-$400 expense off the bat. As I said above I'm not sure what other expenses there would be, but for sake of argument lets say in that 3-4 months there's another $300-$400 expense that popped up. Now if I read the right info, an average indoor plant produces 3-5 ounces, maybe more if the person knows what they're doing? So, what if the patient said at the end of each harvest I'll give you 2 plants. Now if we were talking about low grade meds then the value would be $600-$1000. So that should cover expenses plus possible profit. Now it looks like caregivers on here grow very good strains, so if the caregiver was growing some kind of Kush or whatever then the value of the plants easily double....so now we're talking $1200-$2000, leaving the caregiver an easy profit after expenses paid. Now of course the plants are just an example, cash could be paid as well, just saying.

Doesn't that sound fair for the caregiver?

If I left out other big expenses or was wrong about the electricity please let me know. :)

@michiganmedclones

I'd make sure to find someone who grows at their own place so the rent thing couldn't be an issue. As for electricity, I'm pretty sure it was this site actually.....but I've read that on average the cost of electricity for growing is around $100 a month. I could be wrong about that. As for the other things like broken bulbs and what not, that doesn't sound like it would be too expensive. I don't know every expense since I've never grown so if you could let me know what the big ones are I'd appreciate it.

A patient finds a caregiver. Now if I went by what I said above one definite cost would be electric. And on average indoor plants take about 3-4 months to grow if I'm not mistaken. So there's a $300-$400 expense off the bat. As I said above I'm not sure what other expenses there would be, but for sake of argument lets say in that 3-4 months there's another $300-$400 expense that popped up. Now if I read the right info, an average indoor plant produces 3-5 ounces, maybe more if the person knows what they're doing? So, what if the patient said at the end of each harvest I'll give you 2 plants. Now if we were talking about low grade meds then the value would be $600-$1000. So that should cover expenses plus possible profit. Now it looks like caregivers on here grow very good strains, so if the caregiver was growing some kind of Kush or whatever then the value of the plants easily double....so now we're talking $1200-$2000, leaving the caregiver an easy profit after expenses paid. Now of course the plants are just an example, cash could be paid as well, just saying.

If I left out other big expenses or was wrong about the electricity please let me know. :)

nutes cost a fortune, if you have a pest issue and dont catch it yer screwed! lots can go wrong with an indoor grow, so dont forget the grower has to be there all the time, ther is no vacaions!

but on the other hand I found a cg who is giving me 4 plants (my choice) every 60 to 90 days, for the rites to my grow, he also said he would like to give all of his pt's a zip or more free a month, I told him as long as the plants are good, he is averaging 4 to 8 zips a plant! he dont need to worry about giving me a zip or more a month on top of our deal, I told him I would just like more access to the scruff for oils, medibles etc, he said i could have all I want if I give some finish product back! all good!

You will find a c.g that will work for you! see I dont care what the c.g does with my other 8 plants each crop, hopefully he makes money off of it so he can give free to his other pt's!

good luck to ya! just hang in there you will find a good c.g

Peace

FTW

JIm

@michiganmedclones

$100 a month on electricity may be right for 1 or 2 lights, but I have 2 10x10 flower rooms both running 4800W each with 18 plants in each room. Then I have my 5x18 vegging room which has another 1800W plus T5s, all my plants are on bubble totes so that airpump is on 24/7 and each pulls 112w all day long. Not to mention the fans (Oscillating and inline) and phaquetoo touched on a few other things that could happen. I also factor in the time that is spent in the grow becasue there are alot of man hours needed to maintain proper water levels, pruning, flushing, rotating plants after other plants get harvests, cloning, ect.

My patients get their free meds every harvest then if they need more they pay the discounted rate which is half if not less than "dispensary" prices BTW. I'm sure if you offer your propsed plan to the right CG you will find exactly what youre looking for exactly like Phaquetoo has found in his CG :thumbsu:

Good Luck!

I agree that a patient paying a caregiver is wrong because they are pocketing most of your 12 plant allowance.

$100 a month on electricity may be right for 1 or 2 lights, but I have 2 10x10 flower rooms both running 4800W each with 18 plants in each room. Then I have my 5x18 vegging room which has another 1800W plus T5s, all my plants are on bubble totes so that airpump is on 24/7 and each pulls 112w all day long. Not to mention the fans (Oscillating and inline) and phaquetoo touched on a few other things that could happen. I also factor in the time that is spent in the grow becasue there are alot of man hours needed to maintain proper water levels, pruning, flushing, rotating plants after other plants get harvests, cloning, ect.

My patients get their free meds every harvest then if they need more they pay the discounted rate which is half if not less than "dispensary" prices BTW. I'm sure if you offer your propsed plan to the right CG you will find exactly what youre looking for exactly like Phaquetoo has found in his CG :thumbsu:

Good Luck!

Im glad some one agrees with me on this! If I was a c.g, I would most def do the same mine is doing for me, 4plants every 60 to 90 days, is most likely going to set me and my woman over our limit for a lil while, Im sneaky, I can hide some off site :sword: it is giving the c.g more plants legaly(he says he isnt set up for more plants yet) I told him you can always do more clones and veg and you can have 2.5 more cured! so he is in, I would do the same for pt's because I have many friends i can do pt to pt transfers, and other kinds of transfers! and that should help him be commpassionate to his other pt's!

dont be in a hurry to sign some one, go ahead and put your app in, you can always assign a c.g for 10 bucks! it is worth the wait beleive me!

Peace

FTW

Jim

I agree that a patient paying a caregiver is wrong because they are pocketing most of your 12 plant allowance.

The only way you are going to find a c.g who dont want pay, is to find someone that has been growing for yrs lots of yrs not 2 yrs! they already have their g.r and everything needed to add a few plants (12) now if you hire a brand new grower, he is going to want a deposit and your gonna be waiting along time for your first batch of meds, if you see em again after you give a deposit!! I didnt see my old one again after deposit!! but sounds like lots of you have seen him! ive read some complaints on here about him other than mine :rolleyes:

(if you were to hire some one to do your roof, would you hire some one who is just starting and your their first job?)

Peace

FTW

Jim

One important thing to remember is that if your caregiver offers you something too good to be true, they are more likely to scam you than if you have a caregiver who offers meds at a reasonable price. And, the reason for this is simple economics.

Many caregivers out there are really great, but many others offer the world and fail to deliver. I really respect those who can give away medicine, but the "free medicine caregivers" have scammed many many patients.

So watch out for the free offers, because it is a lot easier to find a scammer than a great caregiver. In a lot of ways this site doesn't mirror the real world, because there are many great people and a few scammers here and in the real world there are lots of scammers and smaller percentage of good people.

One thing you can do is ask your caregiver for refrences.

Guest MMAisgood

I don't mind paying them. I just don't like the thought of buying my meds by the ounce.

Be careful when selecting a caregiver, a warning from personal experience. Consider that it would be in their benefit to sign you giving you promises of a supply of low cost meds. Grow your plants, screw you over and sell all they got from your harvest to dispensaries. Not everyone is in this business for the right reasons.

I don't mind paying them. I just don't like the thought of buying my meds by the ounce.

you have to come to an acceptable agreement with your cg, I look at it this way, they work for me the pt, if they dont do the job they promise I fire them and hire another! dont be to quick to sign on one, if the one you pick does not have meds available than dont sign him, you want some one that will have meds for you as soon as the check is cashed if not sooner, they should give you a sample also! It cost alot of money to get your own real set up going ,,now some one has to pay for the added expense a c.g incures while growing your meds, try pricing some nutes! and Lites! fans, hydro resivoirs pumps, and on and on! most people who are set up to handle at least 5 pt;s and themselves have over 10k invested trust me! maybe not all at once but as they add and grow bigger they need more lites, pumps buckets, etc, it is not cheap unless you want a cheap grow!

If you can find the rite person you will get free meds and a low price for anything over what they give you free, there are alot of good compasionate c.g;s out there, you just need to take your time and find one, and heck yea, ask for references, you are hiring them they are not hiring you. and you will have to pay something for your meds, im sure most will give you waht they can, but they have to recoup their expenses, whether they are selling extras to despenses or black market, they need to make up what the pt's dont pay for! on some months when your car breaks down or you need a new fridge or dryer or what ever may happen you may not be able to afford what you agreed you would compensate your c.g for! im sure they will help you with meds a lil bit but no one is going to give you free all the time! I hope you can prove me wrong!

I jsut signed a c.g who is giving me 4 plants of the 12 he has my grow rites to, and i dont ask any questions to where the rest of the 8 plants are going, I dont care! if he is doing something ilegal and gets popped ill find another c.g! or maybe ill just grow some for the fun of it at your house! lol

Peace

FTW

Jim

@michiganmedclones

I'll give a rough estimate of my big ticket costs. You're estimate of $100 a month for electricity is pretty close to my costs - although I'm running (2) 600 HPS lights, (1) 400 MH light, (1) 250 MH light, (1) T5 tube, (1) 6" inline fan, 1" inline fan, (1) 270 CFM intake fan, (1) 6" carbon filter, (1) 4" carbon filter, (4) clip fans, (1) large fan. I also built (2) 4'X8' rooms, that are wood framed and enclosed with MDF sheets.

Each room cost me between $400-450 to build (made it from quality materials and overbuilt). That doesn't include small add ons like plant containers, watering storage/cans, timers, temp gauges, ducting, plastic, humidity domes, hardware, locks, weatherstripping, fasteners, caulk, primer, paint, and other items.

All the equipment mentioned earlier cost me roughly $3,500. Then add the costs of building the rooms. Things like quality seeds, premium soil and nutrients are another high costs. I budget roughly $30 to cover this for each plant In a nutshell, I've spent over $5,000, not exactly chump change. However, I do have (2) large equipped rooms and all the goodies I need.

Almost forgot, I spent $1,800 to upgrade my electricity - although I can only attribute about $400 of that for my grow area. And you also mentioned broken lights bulbs - high quality bulbs cost about $100 for MH or HPS lights and last roughly 2 years.

Hope that helps some of you folks get a handle of the costs related to a quality setup. Granted there are a lot of guys on here going way above my setup (things like CO2, hydro set ups, air conditioners, controllers, etc.) I'm happy to answer any questions you guys have....

Guest MMAisgood

You can always be your own caregiver for awhile. If you succeed, bonus. If you fail, you will have a new found respect for what caregivers go through and the costs involved. Just a thought.

I wish I could, but I can't. Not because I don't know how, but for other reasons.

@phaquetoo

Well, the expenses for one patient are no where near 10k I'm like 99.9999999% sure about that, unless we're talking over a long period of time which even then we'd have to be talking about a pretty long time. But even if they were....the 8 plants you let him keep are worth 7k - over 10k depending on what the person does with them :mellow: . Unless low grade stuff was grown.

Doesn't sound fair on your part bro.

Do I know all there is to know about growing? Not at all....I just don't understand the point of doing things the way some of you do. If I was a caregiver I'd gladly take 2-3 plants as a payment and just give the rest to the patient I was growing for, but hey that's me. :)

Guest MMAisgood

@upperline

I was mainly referring to the costs after the set up is complete and what it takes to keep it running for patients. The set up cost money should come back no problem once you get some patients. The costs of running the set up for each individual patient is most important in my opinion.

Good Luck!

Amen! You got any openings for him?

It is gonna come down to who can get the steady grows and a good flow of awsome mm to pt's for the best price, we all need to stick together, pt's can make a c.g have a much better business if we as pt's dont worry about what our cg is doing other than taking care of our own needs, the cg may have other needs to be able to be compassionate to his pt's, what ever you and your c.g agree on should be expected, unless there realy is a problem with a grow, but realy a good cg will have his back side covered thru another grower they know and trade clones with,,if we all scratch each others back we can all get our meds for reasonable prices includint pt/cg's!!

Peace

FTW

Jim

Archived