Air Pumps & Compressors

Dman

So I have a question on air pumps and compressors. I had one air pump go down and didn't have a back up. I have a nice one in the bloom room. But still it can't handle both. Questing is can a compressor be a back up to them? I know they need clean air. I have a very large air dryer on it but not what you would call food grade filter. Thanks for any information.

So I have a question on air pumps and compressors. I had one air pump go down and didn't have a back up. I have a nice one in the bloom room. But still it can't handle both. Questing is can a compressor be a back up to them? I know they need clean air. I have a very large air dryer on it but not what you would call food grade filter. Thanks for any information.

I think I would put a carbon filter after oil/water filter. With a holding tank it's hard not to get a build up of contaminants (the smell compressed air has) unless you take the steps on the intake side even then I would use the carbon filter. Short term emergency maybe but chemicals would be in your water.

Archived