350 Bars Are Going To Allow Smoking Tonight

Retta

They can! All they have to do it CHOOSE to work in a clean and healthy environment! They made the choice to work at the bar! The saying goes "it stinks like a bar in here" for a reason! They made the choice to work in the smoke filled bars!

How are we supposed to get fresh air ANYWHERE when everyone is polluting it on a constant basis? And again, you put your concern to second hand smoke! Its more like "hey guys there are more non-smokers now, lets throw rocks at those who still smoke!"..

Keep up your little second hand smoke campaigns! Meanwhile industry is literally killing us all with the air we breath OUTSIDE! Not to mention the outside air is supposed to be the "fresh air" for your home!

So you think the average person would rather sit outside and breathe the air "polluted" by airplanes or sit in a bar and breathe your smoke everyday??? Who do you think would get lung cancer first??? Last I knew smokers were at greater risk for lung cancer than nonsmokers--explain how it is that an airplane has affected that statistic... Your argument doesn't hold water and you know it doesn't. It's pure ignorance. And, feel free to address other workplace safety issues while you're at it. Should GM be required to protect ITS workers from OBVIOUS dangers? Or should it be incumbent on the workers themselves to buy their own safety gear and exercise safe practices? How about we just do away with OSHA altogether? Who needs it right? We should ALL assume the obvious risks that are explicitly inherent in workplaces, right? Why should the corporation have to protect the worker? They have a CHOICE whether to work there afterall. What business does the government have regulating workplaces. How dare that meddling government! And while we're at it wouldn't it sure be nice if we could once again send our 8-year-olds off to work in a factory? We should have choices gad dommit!

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well if anyone cares... I have Tobacco beans for sale this winter/spring... PM me :thumbsu:

ill just pm you on here! :goodjob:

how much and whats the yeild out doors in good soil? :thumbsu:

Hey all u 2nd hand smokers! how do you use your mm (weed) smoke it? eat it? vape it?

Peace

FTW

Jim

I like sitting outside and smoking and I love sitting in a bar and smoking! I just dont like drunk driving charges, so i dont drink any where but at home, and I expose my kids to 2nd hand smoke, most likely they are filling their lungs with 1st hand smoke behind my back like i did when i was a teen!

how much and whats the yeild out doors in good soil? :thumbsu:

Hey all u 2nd hand smokers! how do you use your mm (weed) smoke it? eat it? vape it?

1 5-6 foot tall plant will yield about 1/2-1 LB dry... Tobacco likes sandy well drained soil in the 6-7 ph range.. But it does just fine in Clay or muck rich soils as well.. I have grown it here in Michigan for 3 seasons... It is related to the Tomato plant so methods of growing are almost the same. My best sellers are Turkish Black Sea Samsum & Golden Seal Burley.

I say it again, EVERYTIME you step onto an airplane you are giving off more toxins than I probably ever will my entire life with second hand smoke!

That is pretty weak. The airplane that pumps pollution at 30,000 feet is not really effecting your breathing in your house. Neither is the car driving by. Those fumes are dissipating way before they reach your nose. However the smoke drifting over from your table while I am trying to eat is directly effecting me now.

You also ignore the argument that we all share in transportation pollution. Your car effects me just as much as my car effects you and transportation is essential to life in our society.

I will ask again. Does my right to urinate in the pool over ride your right not to swim in my urine?

"I will ask again. Does my right to urinate in the pool over ride your right not to swim in my urine?"

Depends where I choose to swim at; or if the owner of the pool chooses to let you urinate in his and or her pool.

If it were the only pool then no, but since there are more and therefore choices it should only be annotated that you chose to urinate in that pool should I choose to swim there.

Depends where I choose to swim at; or if the owner of the pool chooses to let you urinate in his and or her pool.

If it were the only pool then no, but since there are more and therefore choices it should only be annotated that you chose to urinate in that pool should I choose to swim there.

:thumbsu::goodjob:

The second we give up the right to have choices. We the people will not live in a free country. Also we choose to buy Tobacco/Marijuana or grow it. If you grow it you know what you added and were it comes from. If you buy it you have really no clue what you could be consuming..

P.S. You have the choice to swim in the warm kiddie pool or hop in chilly Lake Michigan... The good thing is you have a choice..

"I will ask again. Does my right to urinate in the pool over ride your right not to swim in my urine?"

Nice. I give you props for that answer. So when smoking was legal what restaurant could I choose to go to that was non smoking?

Alot of the HIGH END restaurants like Charley's Crab or the 1913 room etc...

Banned smoking years prior to the law...

Well maybe but none in Battle Creek were that I knew of. Truth is we have been full circle about three times on this issue. There are bigger issues I need to put my efforts towards. When you discuss choice I still believe that restaurant owners did not have a choice to go non smoking because it would cut 25% of their business. I don't think smokers were put out as much by having to step outside to smoke as non smokers were by having to breath carcinogenic smoke. I really don't care if you smoke as long as I don't have to breath it.

I guess one thing I should say is I don't agree that smoking should be banned. I ride motorcycles and I don't want my activity banned because it is dangerous. But your right to swing your fist ends where my face begins. I don't want motorcycling banned but I do think it is fair to regulate the noise levels from the exhaust because that infringes on your right to peace and quiet.

Archived