Ripper Gets Shot In Battle Creek

peanutbutter

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

to the poster who said that it sounds like someone was standing up for the rippers - where do you get that from? i don't think anyone is arguing the rippers' case. he got what he deserved. i do think we're trying to figure out what is fact and what is the paper trying to sensationalize a story.

i have dealt with people who have been shot or shot themselves in my occupation, i can tell you it's not like in the movies or video games. you don't shoot someone and then start hearing hero music, the bodies disappear and you gain points. you've got a human being now fighting for their life; whether they deserved it or not. it's easy to be a tough guy and tell people to shoot 'em all, let God sort 'em out. it's different when you're actually put in a situation where you may have to kill someone. ask people who have been in a war (nam, iraq, wherever). a non-lethal solution would be best for your own peace of mind and safety, but that may not be possible in situations like this; especially when leo thinks they don't have to protect us.

this is a very unfortunate situation once again brought on by our "war on drugs." the ripper got what he deserved, though. he would have got it if he came in my house, also.

make the schitt legal and people will stop getting shot over it.

i will say, though - if you're going to brandish a weapon, be sure you know how to use the effing thing. you don't just point it in the general direction and squeeze the trigger with your eyes closed. and, if you bring it out, make sure you damned well plan on using it. otherwise, you just gave your attacker the means to kill you when you fail to use it, they take it from you and then shoot you with it. (which is what I was getting at when questioning if the unregistered gun was the victim's or edger's)

Yeah first off if you disarm someone you no longer need to shoot them. When police raid you they will have uniforms on and will identify themselves and have a warrent. Sure someone could say police when they break in and maybe have even a uniform but i think it will be pretty obvious whos breaking into your house. Swat team vs guys in masks lol

the police in Oakland werent wearing uniforms ,they had ski masks on and dint give them a warrant until 3o minutes after the fact of the raid and then caused the poor man to have a heart attack and die two days later,its not always obvious who the bad guys are,even the "good" guys cause ppl's deaths.

There are always a lot of ways to deal with them after they get in. On the other hand you may want to prevent them from getting in in the first place.

an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure

Once i started my grow i made the decision to secure my home i ordered 3 of these door clubs .

http://cgi.ebay.com/3-Pack-Door-Club-Home-Security-Deadbolt-Alternative-/120664686440?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1c182cff68

While i understand they are only as strong as the flooring beneath it i do know it gives me time to be ready for whats coming by arming myself because if you make it past these your going to have to be loud about it so if I'm home or not my nosey neighbors are and they will call law enforcement i care nothing about my grow its my family thats most important.

the police in Oakland werent wearing uniforms ,they had ski masks on and dint give them a warrant until 3o minutes after the fact of the raid and then caused the poor man to have a heart attack and die two days later,its not always obvious who the bad guys are,even the "good" guys cause ppl's deaths.

If I remember right didnt the man who died of the heart attack a while after the raid recently have some sort of surgery which was attributed to the heart attack? It is kind of hard to say the police raid startled him so much 2 days later he collapsed on the floor, that is just looking for a way to point a finger man, I said the same thing when they were protesting it and I also said Buchard would say the heart attack and raid were unrelated issues, low and behold in his press statement later that day he said the same thing and said people just wanted to point fingers. Summary, it is childish and will not accomplish anything to say the after effects of an action 2 days later caused a heart attack.

to the poster who said that it sounds like someone was standing up for the rippers - where do you get that from? i don't think anyone is arguing the rippers' case. he got what he deserved. i do think we're trying to figure out what is fact and what is the paper trying to sensationalize a story.

i have dealt with people who have been shot or shot themselves in my occupation, i can tell you it's not like in the movies or video games. you don't shoot someone and then start hearing hero music, the bodies disappear and you gain points. you've got a human being now fighting for their life; whether they deserved it or not. it's easy to be a tough guy and tell people to shoot 'em all, let God sort 'em out. it's different when you're actually put in a situation where you may have to kill someone. ask people who have been in a war (nam, iraq, wherever). a non-lethal solution would be best for your own peace of mind and safety, but that may not be possible in situations like this; especially when leo thinks they don't have to protect us.

this is a very unfortunate situation once again brought on by our "war on drugs." the ripper got what he deserved, though. he would have got it if he came in my house, also.

i will say, though - if you're going to brandish a weapon, be sure you know how to use the effing thing. you don't just point it in the general direction and squeeze the trigger with your eyes closed. and, if you bring it out, make sure you damned well plan on using it. otherwise, you just gave your attacker the means to kill you when you fail to use it, they take it from you and then shoot you with it. (which is what I was getting at when questioning if the unregistered gun was the victim's or edger's)

Hell yes there are too many of these if you come in my house boom first thing I will do is kill you idiots floating around that are all just talk and bs, chances are they have never had to deal with it and have no idea what they are talking about but hey they come off as a tough guy right.

In my area there had been at least one hundred unsolved break ins of homes and businesses.

The activity completely stopped when one of them was shot.

A key factor was that everyone in the area heard about it.

If a ripper gets shot at least make sure people know about it. The more the better. The idea of being shot adds a new dimension to the thoughts that proceed doing a rip.

The thoughts run something like this:

This is a victim that can't call the police.

New thought runs like this:

I might get shot. I'd better not.

Slows the whole thing down in the area.

In my area there had been at least one hundred unsolved break ins of homes and businesses.

If a ripper gets shot at least make sure people know about it. The more the better. The idea of being shot adds a new dimension to the thoughts that proceed doing a rip.

Ding ding ding ding

We have a winner.

Make getting caught by the cops the least of their fears.

Big dogs, and guns, is the only way to go.

The dog buys you a precious minute or two to grab your gun, and get ready to defend your family and home.

Pit bulls and pistols, anything else(martial arts, bear spray, etc...) and your azz is swinging in the wind.

If your out in public and trouble starts, you can at least try to flee.

But when you are in your own home, with your family, and robbers show up and break in, assume it's your life, and the lives of your family on the line, and LET THEM HAVE IT(start shooting)

well bud, I can honestly say, I could shoot a person that enters my house unwanted w/o blinking an eye! I am a good shot and I will pump a few right in the chest! jsut like they teach cops, cops are taught to shoot to kill (that dont mean shoot in the head, the head is to small a target) you shoot for the chest where all the major organs are and you shoot untill they are not breathing any longer! if they are out on your lawn drag em in the house lol! (jk) I have 2 dogs I love with all my heart, when it is there time to go, do you think im gonna pay to have them uthenized? I dont think so, 2 bullets are cheaper! no Im not a mean person, I know for sure i could shoot and kill some one that deserves it! nuff said, jsut like you said your job has seen people get shot and shoot them selves, Id have to say you are or were in the armed services!

my better halfs son knows not to try and open our door wall in our bedroom if he gets locked out,,he has looked down the barrel of a 30-30 not to long ago, and I got to tell ya he is lucky and i am lucky cause I almost pulled the trigger! in that case im sure i would go to jail! and i would have regret, so i told him please dont give me something to regret for the rest of my life, you have a cell phone, call and wake the whole house better than getting shot!

Peace

FTW

Jim

sorry there guys didn't mean to sound like a dick, i just ment that some people sounded like they thought it was too much shooting him or that he shouldn't have shot after taking his gun. thats all that i ment. i see it as if you kick in my door gun or no gun, knife or no knife your still a danger to me cause i have all them in my house and who's to say they wont use them on me.

just like it's legal for use to take our meds it's legal for us to shoot someone in our house.

look at that case not long ago where the guys family got killed and the house burned by robbers. they said it wasn't spose to happen like that and that the cops were at fault because they didn't come fast enough! a robbery turns into assult,rape,and murder!

The thoughts run something like this:

This is a victim that can't call the police.

New thought runs like this:

I might get shot. I'd better not.

Slows the whole thing down in the area.

Thats the whole deal We will defend our selfs and LEO will be called by victims and not a chance call by someone seeing something suspicious and witnesses that are not afraid to talk because the thugs are gang members in their neighborer hood.

I for one will not live in fear!!

We have weapons strategically placed through out our home but the first line of defense is our 2 pitbulls. Mr Vaped served in Iraq so im confident he has a pretty good aim and will defend our property. In my opinion, people who take from other people are the bottom feeders of society. We all work hard for whats ours and to have someone invade your home/space to take from you... :thumbsd:

First off I'd like to say that this is a great thread. The OP presents the story

and some have questioned the validity of truth to it. I always keep in mind

w/ any form of media that... they are still the dr's of spin and the only way to

know what really went down is if you were there.

What I like about the discussion here is just that... it has been a discussion

and not become a heated argument. Instead there have been many ideas

as to how to protect ourselves, family and property before considering deadly

force as a means to the end.

If I could figure out this "multi post" thingy that would help but, I haven't gotten

that down yet so.. I'll just touch on some suggestions, and I think these are for

everyone, not only those with grows.

Think smart. Self defense classes for the entire family, as knowing how to react

in a threatening situation is key... reacting in panic can cause more harm/ death.

Learn how to use your weapon of choice. Regular practice of self defense and/ or

use of weapons need to be ongoing to stay alert. The door club, security system,

lights, whistles and the like are great deterrents + give you time to act and not

just react. Dogs are great companions and alarms. I've had big dogs most my

life that have kept many at bay. I have downsized drastically but I'll tell you what,

this little 6lb bundle of joy knows when there is a sound out of place and let's me

know very vociferously, yet unlike a lot of yip-yip's that is the only time she barks.

I was afraid always with my big dogs that due to the fact they did pose a threat,

if someone were to come in, including leo... my dogs may possibly have to die

defending. This little one will run after sounding her alert. We have hornet/ wasp

spray near the doors and in the bedroom, I even keep a can next to my car seat.

I know from unfortunate experience that this stuff is mean... in testing it out, there

was a bit of back wind and, shyte :o! I still haven't found a can small enough to

conveniently carry on my person though.

Many moons ago, I had been in two home invasions. Luckily they got what they

came for and there was no one hurt.

I will say, when all else fails there is nothing to date that scared me as much as

hearing that shot gun being racked and that would most definitely be my last line

of defense. jmho

Thanks all

I forgot to mention a family plan.. like a drill for fires so everyone knows what to do

in the event of... and practice it often, until it is second nature to all concerned.

Oh, and Jim... yes, having that cell phone and using it can save lives also.

We have weapons strategically placed through out our home but the first line of defense is our 2 pitbulls. Mr Vaped served in Iraq so im confident he has a pretty good aim and will defend our property. In my opinion, people who take from other people are the bottom feeders of society. We all work hard for whats ours and to have someone invade your home/space to take from you... :thumbsd:

my kids no how to shoot their guns also, and they know what goes on at home stays at home. and they have been to hunters safty and they come from a rebel background, come into my house you just mite get shot by an 11yrold boy or an 18 yr old young man and 15yr old girl, an my lady. so enter at your own risk we all have guns and we all know how to use them!

Peace

FTW

Jim

NO TRESPASSING!

Think smart. Self defense classes for the entire family, as knowing how to react

in a threatening situation is key... reacting in panic can cause more harm/ death.

Learn how to use your weapon of choice. Regular practice of self defense and/ or

use of weapons need to be ongoing to stay alert. The door club, security system,

lights, whistles and the like are great deterrents + give you time to act and not

just react. . We have hornet/ wasp

spray near the doors and in the bedroom, I even keep a can next to my car seat.

I know from unfortunate experience that this stuff is mean... in testing it out, there

was a bit of back wind and, shyte :o! I still haven't found a can small enough to

conveniently carry on my person though.

I don't mean to be harsh, but when your door gets kicked down, and you're scrambling for your bug spray, you will be sorry you didn't have a gun.

Even with your self defense classes, if you are lucky enough to get up, get the spray, and round the corner to confront the intruders the next thing that will happen most likely is you getting shot dead in front of your family while holding a can of bug spray and standing in the swan kick pose from Karate Kid.

If they have targeted you for robbery because you grow, chances are they are coming in with guns.

Watch Vids online to see what happens when mace is sprayed in a closed area, everyone is affected, and in most of the police tapes I've seen, the assailant continued right on kicking the a** of the cop after being sprayed.

As far as self defense classes go, if you think you are going to disarm mutiple robbers bare handed in the dark with your skills you have been watching way to many movies.

Get a gun, in fact, get a few, take a combat shooters course, everyone in the house.

Then practice with them.

Also do break in drills, might sound silly, but you can make sure everyone knows how to react, from the little kids hiding, to the older ones and adults grabbing their guns and heading for their pre assigned spots.

As a former boy scout, I find their motto serves me well in life

"Be prepared"

Hope for the best, but prepare for the worst.

You're right about getting ready, all I'm saying is bug spray and karate will not save the day.

If I remember right didnt the man who died of the heart attack a while after the raid recently have some sort of surgery which was attributed to the heart attack? It is kind of hard to say the police raid startled him so much 2 days later he collapsed on the floor, that is just looking for a way to point a finger man, I said the same thing when they were protesting it and I also said Buchard would say the heart attack and raid were unrelated issues, low and behold in his press statement later that day he said the same thing and said people just wanted to point fingers. Summary, it is childish and will not accomplish anything to say the after effects of an action 2 days later caused a heart attack.

It is not just the action of the raid, though I'm sure that did not help any, but also the stress of being charged and facing prison time, and losing everything you have acquired your whole life. They did not cause his heard disease but they surely unnecessary contributed to shortening his life.

I don't mean to be harsh, but when your door gets kicked down, and you're scrambling for your bug spray, you will be sorry you didn't have a gun.

Even with your self defense classes, if you are lucky enough to get up, get the spray, and round the corner to confront the intruders the next thing that will happen most likely is you getting shot dead in front of your family while holding a can of bug spray and standing in the swan kick pose from Karate Kid.

If they have targeted you for robbery because you grow, chances are they are coming in with guns.

Watch Vids online to see what happens when mace is sprayed in a closed area, everyone is affected, and in most of the police tapes I've seen, the assailant continued right on kicking the a** of the cop after being sprayed.

As far as self defense classes go, if you think you are going to disarm mutiple robbers bare handed in the dark with your skills you have been watching way to many movies.

Get a gun, in fact, get a few, take a combat shooters course, everyone in the house.

Then practice with them.

Also do break in drills, might sound silly, but you can make sure everyone knows how to react, from the little kids hiding, to the older ones and adults grabbing their guns and heading for their pre assigned spots.

As a former boy scout, I find their motto serves me well in life

"Be prepared"

Hope for the best, but prepare for the worst.

You're right about getting ready, all I'm saying is bug spray and karate will not save the day.

I did not express myself well? I'm sorry.

Bottom line is to be prepared.

I was a brownie scout and a girl scout. We didn't just sell cookies ;)

I started out at the shooting range w/ my father around the age of 4.

I know how to handle my weapon.

My shotgun is my friend and I hope due to my preparedness, I will never

have cause to use it on any human being.

sorry there guys didn't mean to sound like a dick, i just ment that some people sounded like they thought it was too much shooting him or that he shouldn't have shot after taking his gun. thats all that i ment. i see it as if you kick in my door gun or no gun, knife or no knife your still a danger to me cause i have all them in my house and who's to say they wont use them on me.

just like it's legal for use to take our meds it's legal for us to shoot someone in our house.

look at that case not long ago where the guys family got killed and the house burned by robbers. they said it wasn't spose to happen like that and that the cops were at fault because they didn't come fast enough! a robbery turns into assult,rape,and murder!

Let me be clear that the guy got what he deserved. I would be OK with the guy shooting all three of them. However the story was weird and seemed like we did not get the whole story or something about what we did get was odd.

One thing they were very clear about in class. You only have the right in MI to use deadly force if you or your families life is in danger. If you were not afraid then the shooting would not be justified. The first thing you say to the cops is that you were afraid for your life.

Don't bring bug spray to a gun fight, I always say. :lol:

Abe Lincoln may have freed all men, but Sam Colt made them equal. You can be the best martial artist in the world but you are not faster than a bullet. Even Kwai Chang Caine would stop fighting when a gun was pulled.

geesh... now I know why I avoid commenting...

How about reading the WHOLE of others posts

instead of taking a part of what was said. out of

context? Where did I say "martial arts"? I said

self defense... okay... how about "self preparedness

against attack"? Wasp spray is a possible deterrent,

a tool, and if it can possibly give me a few extra seconds

to grab my weapon... it is a good tool then. Cripes :blink:

geesh... now I know why I avoid commenting...

How about reading the WHOLE of others posts

instead of taking a part of what was said. out of

context? Where did I say "martial arts"? I said

self defense... okay... how about "self preparedness

against attack"? Wasp spray is a possible deterrent,

a tool, and if it can possibly give me a few extra seconds

to grab my weapon... it is a good tool then. Cripes :blink:

Sorry. I hope I did not strawman your position. I hate that kind of debate technique. My only point is I will always pick a firearm over any other defense weapon. But I get your point. In a pinch I too would use whatever works.

For those really interested in defense and weapon and tactical gear review check out the user NutNFancy on youtube. His reviews are truly unbiased. If a knife or gun is crap he will say so. Here is his latest baton self defense video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7henFkOWdTU&feature=sub

I did not express myself well? I'm sorry.

Bottom line is to be prepared.

I was a brownie scout and a girl scout. We didn't just sell cookies ;)

I started out at the shooting range w/ my father around the age of 4.

I know how to handle my weapon.

My shotgun is my friend and I hope due to my preparedness, I will never

have cause to use it on any human being.

Excellent!

I picked your post to address because you mentioned bug spray and self defense.

Sounds like you're ready at your house, good deal.

Thats the whole deal We will defend our selfs and LEO will be called by victims and not a chance call by someone seeing something suspicious and witnesses that are not afraid to talk because the thugs are gang members in their neighborer hood.

I for one will not live in fear!!

Yes .. he was kind enough to dial 911 and turn himself in. So a proper ID wasn't necessary.

No question about "who" left.

Archived