Exploring

I didn't make it out for this trip, but a few friends were hanging out in an abandonment after the bar. A long story short, one of the friends fell 4 stories down a elevator shaft. He broke a leg and the bone came out of the skin and he busted his face up pretty good.

Now, I am not the type to be religious and I have actually called God an arsehole on a number of occassions. Ryan landed on the hand of God that night. The doctors say he will be in crutches for about 6 weeks - not even a wheel chair!

If you ever consider doing what I do (explore abandonments - http://www.stonedplanet.com ) then please reconsider. What we do is VERY dangerous and these buildings should be sealed up to keep everyone out. Unfortunately the property owners do not take proper care of their buildings. The place should not have been WIDE open and the elevator doors should have been welded or at least bolted shut! The negligence of the owner played a HUGE part in this accident.

The moral of this story?

Don't do what I do!

Sorry about yer friend Stoned-Planet , I Hope he heals up Well ,

Just Remind Him next ya talk with him that Theirs No Off Position to the Genius Switch :rolleyes: . They May want to Consider Sewer Spelunking in Downtown Detroit or Water Tower Climbing next time they get toasted seeking Adventurous Exploring ,,, ;)

I didn't make it out for this trip, but a few friends were hanging out in an abandonment after the bar. A long story short, one of the friends fell 4 stories down a elevator shaft. He broke a leg and the bone came out of the skin and he busted his face up pretty good.

Now, I am not the type to be religious and I have actually called God an arsehole on a number of occassions. Ryan landed on the hand of God that night. The doctors say he will be in crutches for about 6 weeks - not even a wheel chair!

If you ever consider doing what I do (explore abandonments - http://www.stonedplanet.com ) then please reconsider. What we do is VERY dangerous and these buildings should be sealed up to keep everyone out. Unfortunately the property owners do not take proper care of their buildings. The place should not have been WIDE open and the elevator doors should have been welded or at least bolted shut! The negligence of the owner played a HUGE part in this accident.

The moral of this story?

Don't do what I do!

So you do this semi-"professionally" (awesome) but your friend was hanging out ofter the BAR in one, no "tools" per say, just bar buddies and falls down an elevator shaft...!!!

I would assume that this person has done this before as well.. So, he wasn't just playing somewhere he shouldn't...

I'm sorry about your friend, I really am, but I think Darwin is working here...

I love your site BTW and would love to come out sometime and go to some of these places...

This entire situation is almost enough to get me to go back to church. He had so much on his side that night with that accident.

1. The shaft could have went to the basement and been flooded where he could have drowned right after the fall.

2. The floor he was near could have been sealed up and he may have needed to be lifted out then carried down the steps.

3. His thud was heard by a few people, they could have been oblivious!

4. He could have landed on anything! A steel pipe, piece of wood, or something else that could have been drivin straight through him upon impact.

It is a little worse than originally thought. He had a steel plate put in his head and had to have reconstructive surgery for his face. One of the bones for his leg punctured through the skin (not sure if he has steel pins or not)..

The kid has a hell of a story to go along with the scars!

Please don't enter these abandonments! I've come close to falling through floors, I've fallen into the "infamous" hole in the floor under the old Michigan Central Station, but never anything so severe as this! My flash light batteries went dead in the middle of an abandonment once.. I had to use my lighter and cell phone to try and get out. When the light went out, it was pitch black. I couldn't see anything, and it seems like the place just sucks up the light from a cigarette lighter! I found the stairway but I am lucky I remembered it didn't have handrails! I could have easily fallen down the stairs and I was there alone!

I post my videos and photos so others can see these places. You don't need to go in these buildings. It is both dangerous and in most cases illegal! Leave the danger to those of us who keep death one step away.

The time I fell in the hole at MCS I was with a friend. We both had flashlights and they were pointed where we were walking.. I turned my head to talk to him and on the 3rd step there was nothing there to step on. I entered into the hole with my right leg, the left foot still out of the hole and my forearms hit the concrete floor in front of me. I thought I was dead then and there and sprung myself right out of the hole with adrenaline. Didn't break any bones, but I ripped my pants and had some pretty dirty scuffs and my flash light got broken.

My friend said he saw me in his peripheral vision and I straight up just disappeared, then sprung right back up.. Made him do a double take!

A week late I was there again with the same friend and he turned to look at a "bum" and fell into the same hole. He is much heavier and sustained worse injuries. The adrenaline rush made him sick to his stomach and he got cut on his leg down to the bone! Accidents happen even when you know right where the dangerous places are!

While I have to highly disagree that the owner (if any) played a large role in your friend getting hurt, it is a godsend that he didn't die. It was noone but his own fault. Blaming the owner is equivalent to blaming McDonald's because their coffee scolded you.

This reminds me of the video I watched of a kid doing this in detroit. I dont think he performs this activity anymore. What would you do if this happened to you while inside?

Thats the old Packard Factory guards. They used to shoot at everything! But then one day someone dropped a bomb on them. Literally! A 1/4 stick.

They either quit or got transferred shortly after that.

I was threatened with guns by the security that was "guarding" the packard for the filming of Transformers 3.

I used to work at the Hazel Park Horse track when I was in high school as a grounds keeper.

This is back when the old pavillion was still there.

3/4s of it was closed off to the public for decades, and we used to have a blast exploring around up there.

We also had a good ol' time with the El Camino they let us use. There was a awesome mogul track in the corner by Woodward Heights and Couzens we'd bomb around, ah, memories...

I would love to check out the old terminals at the airport.. but national security is a little more serious to me than rent-a-cops lol

If anyone here has actual permission to be in an abandonment (for work or whatever) please send me a PM, I would love to tag along! Especially for the Book Tower!

Archived