Dwc Technique ?

LITLJON

I have seen set ups with a feeder tube with the pump sucking air bubbles st8 to the roots in the basket at very low flow rate. Does any one use this technic? If so can a bubble pump do the job?

(A Bubble pump or an Air-lift pump is a device which raises water using compressed air or water vapor bubbles, or in general, raises a liquid by introducing bubbles.) All so do you need a circulation pump with all the bubble action?

In my opinion, DWC setup require a lot of CFM's. Recirculation is a choice not mandatory. But when mine was running. It worked great. All buckets had a return line and a feeding line with reducer for flow. DWC has so many pro's in my book but 1 large issue. Make sure you don't run out of silicone. :D

• 3 weeks later...

Ya, I built my system from the ground up. 40ft of 1/2" tubbing, 55ft of 3/4" tubbing, 1/4" god only knows. It was the bomb and worked great. But you will alway get leaks. If not bumping the bucket or return lines it's only a matter of time. Keep silicone sealant around and keep plugging holes. That's the biggest reason I switched. It's next to impossible to get leaks in my new system. Also, Impossible to flood or over flow the Reservoir. GL and keep it simple!

Archived