Federal Employee, Security Clearance -

0ldschoolgame

Any help would be greatly appreciated on this topic.

Someone I know, who works for the US ARMY (civilian federal employee) here in Michigan, was concerned about having a registered medical marijuana caregiver reside with them (and possibly marriage in the future). This person is required to go through the security clearance process. I'm not exactly sure the level of security clearance, but it needs to be done every 10 years. Does anyone know if this could negatively effect a federal employee's job or if they could be denied their security clearance?

Links or references that I could use would be helpful. Thanks in advance.

Any help would be greatly appreciated on this topic.

Someone I know, who works for the US ARMY (civilian federal employee) here in Michigan, was concerned about having a registered medical marijuana caregiver reside with them (and possibly marriage in the future). This person is required to go through the security clearance process. I'm not exactly sure the level of security clearance, but it needs to be done every 10 years. Does anyone know if this could negatively effect a federal employee's job or if they could be denied their security clearance?

Links or references that I could use would be helpful. Thanks in advance.

Simply allowing someone to grow in their area should have no repercussions just stay within the law and keep it hush hush all will be fine my wifes federally bonded by the FDIC and she acts as my caregiver so i would not give it a second thought.

Simply allowing someone to grow in their area should have no repercussions just stay within the law and keep it hush hush all will be fine my wifes federally bonded by the FDIC and she acts as my caregiver so i would not give it a second thought.

Is she required to go through any type of background screening or issued a security clearance? Thank you for your help!

This is an interesting question. Of course the army can randomly drug test and prohibit "illegal" drug users from sensitive positions- national security, war on drugs and all that.

What is interesting is whether they can discriminate against you based on your associations. Now we are getting into law school examination territory. <_<

I am not a sanguine as others on the boards about this answer and I would say the answer is it depends........

You are still violating federal law and I think it is very likely you could fail a security clearance by living with a grower and it is even possible you could fail a security clearance living with a patient! :notfair:

Not saying it is right I am just saying..

Is she required to go through any type of background screening or issued a security clearance? Thank you for your help!

Nothing federal like miltary but lawyercaregiver brings up a good point about the feds though i know the militarys very anti cannabis anything so this might not be a good choice of enviroment for this person because of their employment status . :notfair:

I'm very curious to know how detailed these investigations go for the security clearance (especially one that would not be considered a very high level clearance). Do they check for that persons family for being registered caregivers? Or would they just do a criminal background check?

I'm very curious to know how detailed these investigations go for the security clearance (especially one that would not be considered a very high level clearance). Do they check for that persons family for being registered caregivers? Or would they just do a criminal background check?

They do not have access in any way to confirm a registered caregiver resides with this applicant i say again while there is a bit of a chance he might be rejected for security clearance i doubt it goes that deep unless its an intelligence position inside army intelligence or the CIA or NSA .

If he is serious enough to marry her, why not look into getting a grow location. Buy a foreclosed home, or rent a space if your lucky enough to find one. It took me a few months of asking around but I have finally gotten a few good offers for places to rent from trustworthy people.

Cultivating at the employees house is not happing or would not happen. The concern is the background check for the security clearance, thats all.

From my experience they would care if they found out. They can reject you for any reason and they don't even have to tell you why. The reason this would matter is that they believe someone could be blackmailed. Someone could say they would turn your boyfriend into the feds if you don't get whatever information they want. I think it would be unlikely they would find out but if they did I think it would be grounds to reject the application.

didnt i just read something about the DEA requesting access to Michigan patient and caregiver information?

Yes that is for specific people they are investigating. And so far MDCH has refused. To me that is good news. MDCH is at least taking part of their job seriously. Just the fact that the feds are requesting the information shows they don't have access to it. If they know enough to ask MDCH if you have a card you have all ready been outed.

Archived