I Have A Patient With Ms

MatthewMatics

Hello everyone! I have been around reading and haven't said much as of yet, but was wondering if someone could recommend strains for me that would be particularly good for my patient with MS. She has a hard time talking when out of meds, and I just want to make sure I am getting some of the best meds for her. Any suggestions on specific strains? I would love to get a proven clone, and I would be more than willing to share one of mine with you.

Thanks!

Matt

Drtarzanmd,

I really appreciate your suggestions. I actually already have the Swampy Free Leonard, and it is a vigorous plant to say the least. My patient really enjoyed the Free Leonard for the evening time, and I also had some ATrain that she said was good for during the day. The only problem was the other strain I had was AK47 and when I asked her why she didn't like that one she said, "I feel way too stoned, I can tell I look stoned, AND I can't keep my head out of the fridge."

Anyway, she was pretty happy with the Free Leonard, but I would like to find out some more varieties that would be beneficial. Even if the Leonard Works great for her now, it might be nice to give her some White Widow or some other heavy indica variety.

Anyone else with suggestions?

Thanks again so much Drtarzanmd

Hi Matt,

Your patient will benefit from CBD compounds big time. As Tarzan says, Indica will work.

There are strains now with CBD counts in the 8 to 9 percent range, and Harborside in Cali had a strain last week at 12%.

Also, should your patient not want to get too high, you can make CBD concentrates with a vaporizer or using a stove. The THC burns off at a lower level than the CBD.

You will not find an MS patient who does not swear by this (if they have tried it).

FYI- The gov has a patent for CBD as a nueroprotectant..... yet no studies. Uncool.

Anyone else with suggestions?

Thanks again so much Drtarzanmd

Your very Welcome Matt

My Best Suggestion is to get involved w/ as many Compassion Club

as you can ... Talk to People ... Get some phone numbers ...

Get Involved w/ Helping others , Talk to the old Timers ...

Try keeping a open mind ... Read as much as you can ....

Ask a Million Questions ... Learn something New Every Day ...

Above All ...

PLEASE ALWAYS PROTECT YOURSELF and Stay w/in the Law ... :thumbsu:

I have a Ms patient i have been working with who has been extremely helped by the topical pain relief oils. She has also said she likes the strain Chronic. she said it totally removed her pain yet didnt make her non functioning. blessings to all MM patients and caregivers

As mentioned already, Harborside (Califoria's biggest dispensary) has done more THC and CBD analysis/comparison than anyone I know. Earlier this year they published on their site some rankings of various strains' CBD%. If CBD is what she needs, their info may help.

Try a mostly Ruderalis strain like maybe a lowryder #1 or purple jems :) purple jems is a nice smooth med that comes in little waves and lasts a long time. Knocks out my hip pain and smooths me out but does not really get you too high unless smoking a whole joint.I have read numerous times the ruderalis naturally has higher than normal CBD's

There is a strain out there called Cannatonic that is high in canabinoids other than THC, it was recently bought by some of the members of the BACC and they are in the process of growing her out now. Hope to be able to make some cuttings available to the community soon...Peace...j.b.

Well I only have one patient my wife and she has MS and Rocklock was the best for pain and she said that white widow and romulan from 1337gr33n with a small amount of rocklock mixed with them was great for daytime relief and energy. But with white widow the amount needs to be very low because if she used too much it got the effect your patient experienced.

The overly high feeling. I don't think the effect she is talking about is a stoned feeling it is probably a high feeling. Too stoned is more of a couchlock effect. At least this is how the wife describes it to me too much indica seems to get her the massive body stone that puts her down. I have been doing some research on strains that have a closer to 50/50 mix if indica and sativa I will let you know when I find the right strain. If you would like to try Rocklock let menknow I have a couple cuttings rooting right now.

CBD's form naturally as the plant passes it's THC peak. As the tricomes turn amber CBD/CBN is increasing. I have Fibromyalgia & ingest orally. I like to have about 65% amber tricomes before I harvest the buds that I use for ingesting. I am sure that this could help with MS as well. Peace!

Well I have found thanks to harborside's website a strain I now have to look for it is call Incredible romulan RX it runs 5.66% to 7.44% thc and 6.97% to 7.44% CBD and 50/50 indica/sativa. So now I am on the hunt for this strain. Looks like it came out of Canada.

Well I have found thanks to harborside's website a strain I now have to look for it is call Incredible romulan RX it runs 5.66% to 7.44% thc and 6.97% to 7.44% CBD and 50/50 indica/sativa. So now I am on the hunt for this strain. Looks like it came out of Canada.

That is from Vancouver island Seeds. They are also the breeder of F**ing Incredible.

MS effects everyone different so generalizing that one strain or another will be more or less beneficial is kinda hard ... just sayin. They have done some studies (my holistic med dr in MT) that the higher CBD counts are more beneficial for muscle spasms, etc. For me - being that I have MS - I can take narcotics to alleviate my upper and lower back pain - but no narcotic can help with the muscle spasms I get - only marijuana can.

Archived