Prepping For Harvest And Curing

totung

Well, I have been taking my first grow step by step.

I have a group of plants that are going into week 4 of flower tomorrow and another group that went into week 3 of flower yesterday.

With only 3 or 4 more weeks to go before the first group has to be harvested and cured, I figured I might as well start to figure out how that process is going to work.

I know I need to get some type of magnifying glass that will allow me to see the trichomes. I will be taking care of that soon.

I am going for couch lock, so I will be waiting until most of the trichomes are amber. Feed them pH balanced water for the last 7 to 10 days.

Cut the plant down at the base and start manicuring.

Next is to dry and cure. This is the part that I don't know much about, nor do I have a lot of space for.

Well, I have been taking my first grow step by step.

I have a group of plants that are going into week 4 of flower tomorrow and another group that went into week 3 of flower yesterday.

With only 3 or 4 more weeks to go before the first group has to be harvested and cured, I figured I might as well start to figure out how that process is going to work.

I know I need to get some type of magnifying glass that will allow me to see the trichomes. I will be taking care of that soon.

I am going for couch lock, so I will be waiting until most of the trichomes are amber. Feed them pH balanced water for the last 7 to 10 days.

Cut the plant down at the base and start manicuring.

Next is to dry and cure. This is the part that I don't know much about, nor do I have a lot of space for.

I, myself hang each branch after it is manicured,for 5-10 days.Depends on the denseness of the buds.The "meatier" the bud the longer it takes.After the stem snaps easily in half in the most dense buds I put in paper bags for 2-3 days.I do this beacuse no matter how dry I get the buds they always get moist after placing in the curing jars.Take the lid off several times a day for 10 minutes or so for a week or so.I'm a green horn at growing but this site is where it's at.ALOT of information.Dr.Tarzan,Bubble grower,kingdiamond, etc... these guys know theyre shyte! Good luck and never panic,all the help you will need is right here at your fingertips,no matter what the question.Feel free to show us pics also

First off good job planning ahead, it is very important. I dont know what type of strain you growing you but you probably have a good five weeks to get couch lock but by the magnifier and check trics. Use the internet to find videos and posts on proper curing and drying because they is several ways to choose from. This site will have several post with people giving their methods. Good luck and have fun.

The main problem is finding some place in the house that will allow me to hang them along with making sure that space is not too cold or hot as well as proper humidity.

The veg room will not be in use once they are ready to harvest so I guess I can just use that room.

I have a question about checking the trichomes...

You check them to make sure they are where you like them BEFORE you start to flush at the end of the flower period, correct?

hernurse pretty much has it covered. it takes a little practice to get it where you like it.

if i am running a strain for the very first time i make a habit of beginning my final 7-10 day flush at the first sign of an amber trichome. then for the next round i have a good idea of if i want to go later or not.

Archived