Is The State Slow During Holidays?

I went to a clinic in detroit and got approved right before thanksgiving, made a down payment that day, then mailed the rest of my payment to them a few days later which got to them on December 1st, they called and said they'd be registering me with the state the next day. 2 weeks went by and I hadn't heard anything so I called, they said 2-3 weeks from the filing date is when they usually receive proof of cashed check. Well a month has gone by and I still havn't heard anything from them or received any paperwork/mail from the state. I called them just now and they said it's because of the holidays but I kind of have a feeling I am being lied to... what can I do if these guys took my money and didn't register me with the state?

And since I have a signed doctors permission from this clinic, can I register myself with the state if I need to? Is there any database or public record I can check to make sure this doctor is legitimate?

I went to a clinic in detroit and got approved right before thanksgiving, made a down payment that day, then mailed the rest of my payment to them a few days later which got to them on December 1st, they called and said they'd be registering me with the state the next day. 2 weeks went by and I hadn't heard anything so I called, they said 2-3 weeks from the filing date is when they usually receive proof of cashed check. Well a month has gone by and I still havn't heard anything from them or received any paperwork/mail from the state. I called them just now and they said it's because of the holidays but I kind of have a feeling I am being lied to... what can I do if these guys took my money and didn't register me with the state?

And since I have a signed doctors permission from this clinic, can I register myself with the state if I need to? Is there any database or public record I can check to make sure this doctor is legitimate?

Oh Man that blows!

Did you make copies of everything? down payment? Id bet the farm if they did send it in they didnt send it till you paid the whole fee, and you now prob have a c.g you dont know about, till you get your card 6 months from now!

Best of luck to ya!

Peace

FTW

Jim

Yeah I have receipts and all the paperwork including the doctor's recommendation, the state application, and the money order I sent them including receipts from USPS for mailing it there.

Please understand that the mdch is almost 8 months behind but if you have not recieved a rejection letter within 20 days your paperwork makes you legal.

Oh Man that blows!

Did you make copies of everything? down payment? Id bet the farm if they did send it in they didnt send it till you paid the whole fee, and you now prob have a c.g you dont know about, till you get your card 6 months from now!

Best of luck to ya!

Peace

FTW

Jim

I just checked my application form and under "Section C: PERSON ALLOWED TO POSSESS PATIENT’S MARIHUANA PLANTS" the "APPLICANT/PATIENT" option is clearly marked, so I don't think they could have registered me to a caregiver without forging my signature on another application.

Please understand that the mdch is almost 8 months behind but if you have not recieved a rejection letter within 20 days your paperwork makes you legal.

Yes but I'm pretty sure I need proof that the MDCH has cashed my application fee check or else I'd probably still have trouble with local law enforcement if an issue should arise.

Archived