Strain Origins What Were The Basic Strains

Here is one that I havent seen covered.What are the ORIGINAL cannabis strains? i.e. what strains were the "pioneers". My uncle used to tell me about the afghan kush and the panama red and the ....... Is where the strain came from the strain name?etc afghan or hawaiin or michuocan etc hmmmm come on old schoolers fill us young bucks in

Here is one that I havent seen covered.What are the ORIGINAL cannabis strains? i.e. what strains were the "pioneers". My uncle used to tell me about the afghan kush and the panama red and the ....... Is where the strain came from the strain name?etc afghan or hawaiin or michuocan etc hmmmm come on old schoolers fill us young bucks in

Wow, I havent heard of "michuocan" in so long. I used get ahold of Panama Red back in the early 80's. Not sure if any of these were used to develope the strains we have today, but this should turn out to be an interesting thread. I am thinking that most of the strains we have now were probably created out of the "Original Seed Bank" or SSC "Super Sativa Seed Club" strains.....

Looking forward to seeing more input on this thread. :thumbsu:

Peace all,

Wildman

Yep, I would like to know if the old strains are around and in what forms, what have they been bred with, etc. Acapulco Gold, Colombian Red Bud, Thai Stick, Monkey Paw, African Zulu, Maui Wowie, Rainbow Hawaiian, Blue Hawaiian, Panama Red, and all like ilk. We are calling on the cannabis strain knowledge experts to enlighten us, please...star-trek-expendability-poster.jpg

thats a great one,just the other day I was telling some of my good ole friends,about strains like RED BUD,COLUMBIAN GOLD""ONE TOKE",MONKEY PAW,GONSH, AND THE LIST WAS ENDLESS,DURING THE VIETNAM WAR,THAT BROUGHT "THAI STICK",and I ask myself were did they go?To this day,I don't believe anything could hold a candle to COLUMBIAN GOLD,I mean you should take a half of a toke if you know what I mean,it EXPANDED,like nothing I ever had before,and it had a taste like high potent hash oil,and then you where felling no pain for hours,very good,Thanks for that question.

I have wondered this same thing myself. This could get interesting :thumbsu:

I have heard a lot about this "Thai-Stick" and have been looking for it for a while. If anyone can point me in the right diretion PM me!! :)

Is "michuocan" another Michigan orginal?? Never heard of it.

I have wondered this same thing myself. This could get interesting :thumbsu:

I have heard a lot about this "Thai-Stick" and have been looking for it for a while. If anyone can point me in the right diretion PM me!! :)

Is "michuocan" another Michigan orginal?? Never heard of it.

Michuacon, spelling is off, is a state in Mexico that a certain strain was grown in.Thats all I know about that one

Well you've got Haze, which was a hybrid of Thai, Colombian, Mexican and Indian. That's been around since the 60's. Romulan is supposed to go as far back as the 50's with the Korean genetics soldiers brought back and grew. That's pretty far back if that's true. I wonder if there are any unique and amazing heirloom strains from this country before prohibition (30's and earlier) that still exist.

Well you've got Haze, which was a hybrid of Thai, Colombian, Mexican and Indian. That's been around since the 60's. Romulan is supposed to go as far back as the 50's with the Korean genetics soldiers brought back and grew. That's pretty far back if that's true. I wonder if there are any unique and amazing heirloom strains from this country before prohibition (30's and earlier) that still exist.

Right on Mighty mezz thats what I'm talking about, interesting.

here is as good a place to out my ignorance on this particular subject. what is meant by "Landrace Strain"?

as a side note, i did have the privilege as a beginning smoker to have had Monkey Paw and Red Thai Stick. yes, i started early.

"Landrace Strain"

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=%22Landrace+Strain%22

As to all the 'lumbo reds and golds and "string-wraped on-a-stick double dipped" thai...they were good , but the meds we grow now are far better.

A patient I know loves the "Monkey Paw", always talk about it (then forgets we did, lol)... If it still even exists?

If "they" (the old timers) would smoke it now, what would they think now?

Perhaps, sometimes it's more about the memories than the quality of the herb???... Sometimes.

I heard a similar theory with music... I don't know?--- But memories are potent, especially the "OLD-- but YOUNG ONES".

Knowing this.... I would love to indulge in a few of the real OLD TIMES quality meds that are out there--- For a better historical understanding of the meds.-- AND to "EXPERIENCE" for myself.

Ya have any?

:skydive:

Vintage Mix ( Panama Red , Acapulco Gold & Columbian Gold )

Copy and Paste from here :

http://www.highgrade-seeds.com/seedlist.html

Yes, the ORIGINAL Strains from the 70's Panama Red , Acapulco Gold

and Colombian Gold crossed w/ White Widow ! ! !

These original strains were crossed w/ White Widow as there were

No Females in the bunch , So currently we have a small stock of this

cross which contains 50 % of the original genetics from the

killer strains of the 70's ! !

This is just a F.Y.I. , Im no Breeder , So i'm not sure how this works ?

I was thinking about trying these ...

This Company has provided Good stuff so far .... :thumbsu:

Vintage Mix ( Panama Red , Acapulco Gold & Columbian Gold )

Copy and Paste from here :

http://www.highgrade...m/seedlist.html

Yes, the ORIGINAL Strains from the 70's Panama Red , Acapulco Gold

and Colombian Gold crossed w/ White Widow ! ! !

These original strains were crossed w/ White Widow as there were

No Females in the bunch , So currently we have a small stock of this

cross which contains 50 % of the original genetics from the

killer strains of the 70's ! !

This is just a F.Y.I. , Im no Breeder , So i'm not sure how this works ?

I was thinking about trying these ...

This Company has provided Good stuff so far .... :thumbsu:

Thanks Tarzan I was hoping to see you on here

The problem with today's strains is everything has been crossbred with everything. Which isn't a bad thing as long as you do it with 2 plants from far away. Like Sativa (South America)/Indica (Afghanistan) /Ruderalis (France) are the 3 main types.. Crossing Sativa with Sativa is not a true hybrid. Hybrids are why today we have very high levels like 20%+ THC.

People either make up popular names or cross it with whatever and invent a new hyped up name. Wherever it grew naturally in the wild like Columbia RED or Afghan hash plant are the true original strains. Even Thai Stick got its name from someone who tied whatever to a stick. Anyway I do remember Red Bud or aka pure 100% Sativa back in the day..

Archived