Cannabis Cup Winners

Alpha492

Is it me or are none of these what they are cracked up to be? http://www.cannabiscupwinners.com/awards/cannabiscup/85-2010-cannabis-cup.html

Especially Super Lemon Haze, I tried that recently and it was totally poopy.

Maybe I'm just an OG but

Chem Dog

White Widow

Sensai Star

Train Wreck

and maybe Bubblegun Kush it all you really need in life.

depends where you get it from, just because its called the same thing does not means its "the same thing"....there are a lot of people out there that just call their medicine what ever is the hot name at the time and since most people dont know any better they buy into it.

also, 2 people can grow the same strain and get 2 very different results, hell its even hard for the same person to get the same results every time...so maybe you tried a poor example of the CC winners or maybe you didnt even get to try the real thing....

ehh, the guy I got it from I don't think would lie to me. I know that doesn't mean much to you but he actually is a pretty trusted member of this site, and he does aeroponic so you would think the result would be at least decent. He grew some White Widow that was absolutely fantastic too so I would have to assume he has a decent amount of growing experience. All in all though I would be willing to give it another try but still, I've had a number of the cc winners and have yet to be impressed. Some even from dispensaries and I would hope they would have some idea of the medicine they have.

ehh, the guy I got it from I don't think would lie to me. I know that doesn't mean much to you but he actually is a pretty trusted member of this site, and he does aeroponic so you would think the result would be at least decent. He grew some White Widow that was absolutely fantastic too so I would have to assume he has a decent amount of growing experience. All in all though I would be willing to give it another try but still, I've had a number of the cc winners and have yet to be impressed. Some even from dispensaries and I would hope they would have some idea of the medicine they have.

My local dispensary sells crap bud all the time. FYI, You always get the funk the first few times, then with alot of people, you will slowly be moved to the popcorn buds that have already been through the keif box. If its not a good friend or someone trying to get your biz, chances are you will only get the good stuff if you know how to identify it and ask for it.

If you go on youtube you will find people who make strain reviews. You will find that super silver haze gets great reviews when grown right.

When u pop a pack of seeds u can really catch a genetic rainbow...each has many different pheno-types, plus, you have like 10 breeders releasing all the same strains. Most people pop a pack of seeds and keep a choice female if they find one. They then pass the clone around and say "this is ak47 or blueberry". The cut they have is probly nothing like the clone used to grow the crop for the cannibis cup. I have smoked atleast 15 different types of blueberry and the only one I smoked that actually taste like blueberry came from bagseed...go figure!

When u pop a pack of seeds u can really catch a genetic rainbow...each has many different pheno-types, plus, you have like 10 breeders releasing all the same strains. Most people pop a pack of seeds and keep a choice female if they find one. They then pass the clone around and say "this is ak47 or blueberry". The cut they have is probly nothing like the clone used to grow the crop for the cannibis cup. I have smoked atleast 15 different types of blueberry and the only one I smoked that actually taste like blueberry came from bagseed...go figure!

This has some truth to it... I like to add one more point.

In a way it's like buying a lottery ticket with seeds.

AND BREEDING them meds-

If you do cross a female super pheno with a male super pheno and grow out a nice number of seedlings from the breeding project... Your potential for catching that rainbow should increase.

For those folks looking into breeding--- Many well known breeders prize the male more so than the female for breeding.

Anyhow, it's always a roll of the dice with seeds.

ALTHOUGH, it all starts from seed---To me it's kind of amazing when ya look at it and think about all that information it contains... To me that's where the excitement & potential is.

:skydive:

Seriously... Its all relative.

I grow and LOVE 3 of the cup winners last year. The Super Lemon Haze pheno i got is AMAZING! hands down. and the OG 18 is killer. and the pheno of the Vanillia Kush is sick also. But when finding the phenos i found i went through a bunch that were not at all up to par. but gratitude and luck can give you treasure. and each grower does a different job, hell, the same growers results may differ per harvest. there is alot of conspiracy around every major cup. but i love these 3 strains...

Is it me or are none of these what they are cracked up to be? http://www.cannabisc...nnabis-cup.html

Especially Super Lemon Haze, I tried that recently and it was totally poopy.

Maybe I'm just an OG but

Chem Dog

White Widow

Sensai Star

Train Wreck

and maybe Bubblegun Kush it all you really need in life.

LOL, I feel the same you do about sensi star and white widow, never had one that tasted nice at all.

I've had a number of the cc winners and have yet to be impressed. Some even from dispensaries and I would hope they would have some idea of the medicine they have.

The thing is that the breeder usually enters the contest with a choice plant which he may have selected from 10,000 plants. You have to get real lucky sometimes to get that cup winning super sport pheno. Most growers don't have the opportunity to grow the prime example of the cup winner.

That being said it is a sad thing that it can be so difficult to get a prime plant from a $150 pack of beans. Shame on the breeders who give false impressions......

Yeah a number of breeders come to mind,GHS is my pick for worst representation of a strain(s).

I would love to see how some of your strains would compare to the cup winners tricloud.

Haven't found anything that can touch your Cinderella

Archived