Dr. Bob And Mt. Pleasant

When I started my certification clinics, I always had an end goal... Michigan is a state with 20% unemployment and more than 40% of adults don't have any or enough insurance to pay for even routine care. Many of my patients try and come in with no records because they don't have the insurance to go to a doctor. This is a situation I find intolerable.

Starting this month I am opening an office in Mt. Pleasant, 311 West Michigan right in the front of the same building as the Compassionate Apothecary. We are going to take medical care out of the hands of the insurance companies and put it back in the hands of the patients and doctors where it belongs. The practice is geared to working, relatively healthy adults 18-64 without insurance but in need of periodic visits for preventative health, sinus infections, minor injuries, etc.

Cost will be $400 per year (payable in $100 payments over 4 months) and $35 a visit. No insurance will be billed or accepted (and no cost for 2 billing clerks, the 6 month delay in payment, and my flipping ulcer dealing with those faceless clods who think they know better than me what you do and don't need), you pay at the door the old fashioned way. Meds will be off the $4 a month list from local pharmacies, and you are on your own for xrays, labs, and hospital visits. Just good, basic care at a very reasonable cost (about the cost of 1 month of commercial insurance- but covers you the whole year). MMJ certifications with records can be served by appointment, just as any of my other clinics and at the same cost. Those without records and in the Mt. P area can join, I'll evaluate them over several visits and do the certification after a medical record and dr/pt relationship is established as office visit. I am also considering offering suboxone therapy in addition to regular medical care.

If this experiment works out and is financially viable, I am going to expand it to other areas in the state. I feel there is a real need for this service. More importantly, it shows the higher purpose behind my certification clinics. While I believe in MMJ, the clinics were just the start of the work I plan on doing. One of the things we need to add into the mix of selecting a certification clinic for our cards is not just price and if they are Redden compliant and professional. Perhaps we should also consider supporting a higher cause. This is mine.

Dr. Bob

how about those of us that have other issues but have insurance but can't find a doctor that will not take them because of the medical marijuana. I have tried several practices in my area, (Gladwin county and surrounding areas) First off I need a doc that will do the testing and scans to keep up to date progression on my condition that I am qualified for being a mmp. but I do have high colesterol which has been untreated for over a year now. what do you say to those patients?

THANK YOU!

Not for myself, but for everybody in desperate need of an 'out-of-the-box' solution to primary health care.

A family member of mine was a primary care physician (internal medicine) in a rural state from 1975-2000. He and one other doctor ran a small office with one secretary / nurse for the first 15 years. In the 1990's an explosion of HMO, PPO, and other managed care insurance plans started. Quickly the paperwork and billing got so complicated that they went from one secretary to four. Guess what happened to costs for patients? By about 1995 he was forced to sell the practice to a practice management company, as it was no longer feasible to deal with all the insurance nightmares as a small independent office.

Despite having ridiculously good health care coverage, I would drop my current PCP today and sign up with you, if you were a bit closer to my neighborhood, to support this movement.

Much respect.

Green Cross offers our strongest possible endorsement to Dr. Bob and this important patient-focused development.

Michigan's mmj law is based on qualified patients being likely to receive palliative benefit from a natural herbal remedy.

With so few doctors being willing or able (due to group practices' and hospitals' policies) to sign mmj recommendations,

far too many Michigan residents are restricted from getting their mmj card due to lack of medical records being available

often because low-income citizens can't afford doctor office visits. Dr. Bob expands their access when no one else will.

Right on Dr. Bob, the caring physician "doing the people's business." Michigan needs a thousand more doctors like him.

Very good idea. Maybe you can work out a deal at a local lab to get a discounts for blood work, since it is part of preventative care. Sort of like when the hospital bills me and the bill is 3,000 but when they find out I have insurance they re-bill my insurance for $450, the pre-negotiated price.

Maybe some lab will at least offer insurance pricing.

how about those of us that have other issues but have insurance but can't find a doctor that will not take them because of the medical marijuana. I have tried several practices in my area, (Gladwin county and surrounding areas) First off I need a doc that will do the testing and scans to keep up to date progression on my condition that I am qualified for being a mmp. but I do have high colesterol which has been untreated for over a year now. what do you say to those patients?

I was going to a clininc in Gladwin till i got kicked out.for MM which there clinic,s Dr. had signed for till they got a new dr. and i got the boot..BUT i went toa Dr. in Marion,

Michigan. right on corner of M66 nd marion rd.Realy understanding Dr.They took me as a patient.And hoping she signs my ap in spring like other Dr. did.

I am not refusing folks with insurance, in fact it will help them with the labs/xrays/hospital stuff. But to keep the cost down I am not hiring billing clerks, dealing with insurance bs, or carrying malpractice. You can come in with or without insurance, the costs will be the same.

Dr. Bob

Now help me out in this work. Go to the site www.greentreesdetroit.com and check out the clinic calendar. I need folks referring to my clinics. Quite frankly I am trying to do something good here and am tired of the signature clinics getting my patients because they charge $50 buck less and don't require records. There is one in Cheboygan, Gaylord and elsewhere that requires folks to fill out a 14 page form, notarized, have a '45 min' exam that never takes place, and call it good.

Not only wont this stand up in court, but it is illegal- I have one patient that described the process. He filled out the form, asked for the exam, was told the doc wasn't even there but was handed a pre-signed cert from a stack by the receptionist (a tall woman with long straight dark hair). This is illegal as hell and that is a patient that could have come to me and supported this cause. If you see an ad in the paper with a 'headache girl' think about what you are doing before you go signing up. Then give me a call and I'll take care of you right and do good things with the money.

Dr. Bob

Green Cross offers our strongest possible endorsement to Dr. Bob and this important patient-focused development.

Michigan's mmj law is based on qualified patients being likely to receive palliative benefit from a natural herbal remedy.

With so few doctors being willing or able (due to group practices' and hospitals' policies) to sign mmj recommendations,

far too many Michigan residents are restricted from getting their mmj card due to lack of medical records being available

often because low-income citizens can't afford doctor office visits. Dr. Bob expands their access when no one else will.

Right on Dr. Bob, the caring physician "doing the people's business." Michigan needs a thousand more doctors like him.

Thank you very much. Now help me out with some docs and PA's/NP's. I need some fellow warriors for the cause. I can't do this all myself. PM me if you have some suggestions. Future sites include Traverse City, Tawas, GR/Allendale, Kalamazoo, Cheboygan and yes even Houghton/Soo for our UP friends.

We are using EMR linked to a common server, and treatment is designed around efficient, cost effective care, sound decisions and an eye toward med/lab/testing cost. I am a true believer in medicine for the people and I want to attract like minded providers to help my team.

Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob

I am not refusing folks with insurance, in fact it will help them with the labs/xrays/hospital stuff. But to keep the cost down I am not hiring billing clerks, dealing with insurance bs, or carrying malpractice. You can come in with or without insurance, the costs will be the same.

Dr. Bob

so just to clarify you will see me but I have to deal with my state insurance or you will deal with my insurance I just have to make sure the visits get paid for. I tried to send you a PM but it said you cannot receive any new messages.

I am not going to be involved with any insurance billing, sorry, but that is the way I am able to keep the cost down to a reasonable amount. Insurance headaches literally DOUBLE the cost of the office visit. The insurance will be useful for labs and hospital studies.

Dr. Bob

VERY nice thing your doing here Dr. Bob. If I knew a doc in my area like you I would certainly take advantage of your generous offer. I fit perfectly in the criteria I think. 45 year old man, unemployed (10 months now), so I lost my insurance. With a major debilitating condition it's not a comfortable position to be in.

Very compassionate of you, thank you.

VERY nice thing your doing here Dr. Bob. If I knew a doc in my area like you I would certainly take advantage of your generous offer. I fit perfectly in the criteria I think. 45 year old man, unemployed (10 months now), so I lost my insurance. With a major debilitating condition it's not a comfortable position to be in.

Very compassionate of you, thank you.

Right now the biggest thing I need is some help with this. If anyone knows PA/Nurse Practitioners interested in this Knights Errand, let me know by PM.

Dr. Bob

Right now the biggest thing I need is some help with this. If anyone knows PA/Nurse Practitioners interested in this Knights Errand, let me know by PM.

Dr. Bob

:rock:

You've got me wishing I had entered nursing long ago as I thought I would as a little girl. I would be by your side in a minute, lending a hand to this very compassionate style of

delivering health care to the underserved.

I know you're doing the right thing in keeping insurance claims and companies out of this mix. There's a reason there's an awful lot of really large buildings housing the companies

everywhere- they make one heck of a lot of profit!

I am awe of this great idea of how to deliver health care properly. I am sending you blessings for the right people to appear to help you move this plan into an active, growing

business for you- and bringing reasonable costs to those who seek your services. If I were closer, I would come see you for my basic care in a heartbeat!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived