Ro Water System?

backpain57

Hi guys, I am looking to up-grad my water system. I have been using my well water & Ph down to make it right. Kind of a pain. I am looking for feedback from someone who has a RO system. Do you rent? Do you own your system & if so what was the cost & output? Where is a good spot to buy from? And what do you think I should know before I move forward?

Buy don't rent. The market is flooded with R/O systems in all price ranges. I'm on a well also so I picked one up from GrowCo http://www.4hydroponics.com/growroom/waterPurifiers2.asp?ItemNo=eliminatorRO it does 90 gals a day and I very seldom need more than that. You can get larger sizes if you feel the need. I have had my for two years and never have to do anything to it except change the filters when needed.

Wow, I was looking at a 20gal system that rents for $20.00 per month. And it would need them to send a guy out for installation! That’s is not a good thing. I did do some looking & found this: SpectraPure ( R.O. Filters) EL40010 Eliminator Ro Filter 100 GPD for $165 This looks like it will fill the bill.

I just bought a Hydro-Logic Stealth 100 unit for just under 200 dollars a few months back, and I couldn't be happier. It was "plug and play" with a faucet adapter purchased from Menard's. Otherwise it hooked up and worked perfectly right out of the box. If you are using a garden hose, you don't need to buy a faucet adapter. My well water was running over 550 ppm out of the faucet. Now it runs right around 8 ppm in the treated water. It puts out up to 100 gallons of treated water a day. The Stealth 200 does 200 gallons per day.

Just FYi getting a RO system you still will have to adjust the ph.

You should add a touch of CalMag or some other Ca Mg product before adjusting your PH. The PH will be easier to adjust, and will hold steady longer, as it buffers your water. You can also develop Ca deficiencies eventually if you don't add some back.

Archived