How Close Are We Really?

yngvnkzie420

Fellow Michiganders,

The past year has proven to be an interesting one for The Michigan Medical Marijuana Movement. With a fresh year underway, new challenges have already and will arise. As these challenges imposed by various cities, counties etc come to light I often feel that the facts displayed have a tendency to have many folks scratching their heads as to " What can I DO to help" or "Wow, I think this whole thing is going down in flames"

The question I pose to all of you...Is the MMJ act REALLY in danger of being thrown out for people like myself? People that cultivate for patients and for themselves(whom are also patients)

Are we really that close to being deemed extinct at the hands of big money corporations, politicians and lobbyists?

Or are all these tidbits of information we receive every day via this website, the news etc. Blown out of proportion?

Do you see MMJ Keeping its integrity as it exists now, or are we doomed to buying crap from your local "WalWeed" Store with no other option.

I never saw anything like this coming when I first started my operation. All of this stuff has got me feeling pretty down about the whole thing and almost makes me want to pull the plugs on everything in that room and close up shop.

So what gives?

Are there positive things happening right now in this community that are truly showing a silver lining?

Or are we all going to be assimilated to the borg before we know it?

What is the real truth? not just your truth?

Facts, or paranoia?

Food for thought

That's what sells news papers and ad space on web sites bad news and fear! Its used in an attempt to control the general public you know...sheeple, but you find any of those here.

What you will discover is we are a community that is fighting daily for our rights under the law and keep a watchful eye on LEO and the legislature and keep them from trying to make or pass any back room deals to take away our rights to cannabis.

There are many positive things happening and the biggest one is the continued flow of applications into the MDCH-MMMP mail room! There are a few misguided individuals and companies who are attempting to change the law to funnel money into their pockets and the home based business person be damned well we won't let that happen.

I'm a patient cultivating my medicine and working at becoming a master cultivator so I can help patients either with medicine or help them build a garden and teach them how to cultivate.

I feel very positive that all the cases being prosecuted that are clear violations of the law will be dismissed with-out prejudice and in some instances individual victims of prosecutorial and police misconduct may very well collect substantial monetary judgments.

Stick around keep helping yourself and patients if you are. Its getting better.

Peace

Something that might give folks in the community some sense of what's going on and what's being done might be a weekly/monthly report on what the top three/ten issues are, and some metrics on what's been done and what needs to be done.

Given the nature of this community it would be useful to have all the info in one spot for ready review and action.

Perhaps even have a "task list" menu under the User Profile that interested members could use to be active.

I'd help out putting the reports together, I'd also be willing help with any development work on the site.

Something that might give folks in the community some sense of what's going on and what's being done might be a weekly/monthly report on what the top three/ten issues are, and some metrics on what's been done and what needs to be done.

Given the nature of this community it would be useful to have all the info in one spot for ready review and action.

Perhaps even have a "task list" menu under the User Profile that interested members could use to be active.

I'd help out putting the reports together, I'd also be willing help with any development work on the site.

Very good idea!

Archived