Canna Pet Treats?

High all,

My buddy Ruzz-T loves medicating with me... He also has some interesting cataracts shaped like Peace signs, a torn ACL, arthritis and gennerally is just gettin old... He's such a good boy... Had a rough life before I rescued him from the Pound...

So I ask, what about making Canna-Pet treats?

Usually, after hashing meds, I drop the leftovers in the crock-pot and make butter/oil with it...

What I was THINKING IS...

After making butter/oil, couldn't the roughage/fiber easily be used in beneficial medical treats for our 4 legged friends.. ???

If so, what sort of recipes would we be talkin about??

I thank you and Ruzz-T thanks you..

gallery_11199_188_26694.jpg

My sweet little cassie dog comes running every time she smells me cooking budder.. She adores the leftover leaf in her kibble.. I leave her a bit of the butter in there as well (i cant be greedy with my puppers.) I try to limit her to 1/2 cup mixed in with the dry dog food. Im not sure if that is neccesary or not but i dont want to blow her mind and make her too stoned.. lol she never complains tho..

I try to limit her to 1/2 cup mixed in with the dry dog food. Im not sure if that is neccesary or not but i dont want to blow her mind and make her too stoned.. lol she never complains tho..

Well, my boy got hold of about 1/4 of a REALLY good cookie... So he's been on his trip.. :D

I don't want to sound bad, be he was SOOOOOOOO medicated.. it was funny and scary.. (roughly the same amount put one of my patient in a dead sleep for 14hrs, something un-herd of for them)

Obviously, I'm not after that... but I think it would be a nice way to thank them for their companionship..

• 1 month later...

I love it! All mammals have that endocannabanoid thing going and it sure sounds like your little cutey could get a doctors to sign off on his qualifying conditions.

A little cannabutter mixed with peanut butter inside a snausage should do the trick...

Let us know if your friend gets some benefit. My money is on the lover.

so, our pets get to have the organ killing chemicals, but dont let them eat a plant they can find in the wild? LOL, ive seen dogs eat some of the most outrageous things, but creulty by giving medicine that is 100% all natural and created by natures laboratory, instead, lol thats great, thanks lol

I'm pretty certain that giving animals marijuana is considered animal cruelty and punishable by law. That being said, how would you figure the dosage, and do you really want to use your good produce on a creature that would be just as happy with a new bone?

it is indeed unlawful to do tread carefully and be weary who you let know you do this.

that said i feel that you should be able to do anything you want with your animals, so long as your not hurting them.

i hate dogs i love cats and most other animals and would not give cannabis to them simply cus i am not sure as to what Could happen. im not saying that its not ok for you to do it and im not telling you not to im simply saying i just dont know about it and i think with the ability of the spca and the humane society.. Who are All Verry Verry Verry Evil(in my eyes atleast) to please be careful i would hate to see someone get in the system for something silly like this.

I'm pretty certain that giving animals marijuana is considered animal cruelty and punishable by law. That being said, how would you figure the dosage, and do you really want to use your good produce on a creature that would be just as happy with a new bone?

im bad! i got 2 labs and it dont matter where i lite up they find me,,if i left my mm out they would eat it! they try and stick there nose on my vape heater, they can even smell it when i vape, they love it, i blow the smoke at them and they love it, I cant deny my pets something they like!

Nice Realy nice looking baby!

Peace

p.s is leo gonna come pee pee test my pooches :blink:

it is indeed unlawful to do tread carefully and be weary who you let know you do this.

that said i feel that you should be able to do anything you want with your animals, so long as your not hurting them.

i hate dogs i love cats and most other animals and would not give cannabis to them simply cus i am not sure as to what Could happen. im not saying that its not ok for you to do it and im not telling you not to im simply saying i just dont know about it and i think with the ability of the spca and the humane society.. Who are All Verry Verry Verry Evil(in my eyes atleast) to please be careful i would hate to see someone get in the system for something silly like this.

what ever is in that stuff you give cats has something in it that makes em act funny my pooches just chill with me and get the munchies!

My 2 black labs are with me more than anyone in my family, they almost put holes in the walls with there tails when i come home, they only do that to me, and no one can feed them, they only eat what i feed them.

What is catnip made of! I dont hate any animal well one exception im not crazy about ferrets! they smell bad no matter what you do!

Peace and no one will tell me what to do with my dogs ever! ill sick em on ya and they will lick you to death!:lol:

edit= a friend of mine had a couple dogs that were realy up in age, him and his wife have no children so they were their kids. long story short he would give his 2 dogs a 1/4 of a vicoden when they were hurting, we aint bad for not wanting our pets to suffer! I dont do it to get them stoned, they come to me they like it,,,my dogs are spoiled!

Edited by phaquetoo

What is catnip made of! I dont hate any animal well one exception im not crazy about ferrets! they smell bad no matter what you do!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nepeta_cataria

Peace and no one will tell me what to do with my dogs ever! ill sick em on ya and they will lick you to death!:lol:

if you read my post i said i dont care what you do with your animals

http://en.wikipedia..../Nepeta_cataria

if you read my post i said i dont care what you do with your animals

maskan, im sorry, I was talking in general, I ment no offense! I was pretty much just joking around, but it is true i will sick my labs on ya and they will lick ya silly!!

peace

Well, as a little update, my Buddy Ruzz-T has been coughing a lot lately, the beginning of Congestive Heart Failure.. :thumbsd:

His heart is swollen to over 1/3 natural size has been pressing on his esophagus causing the coughing, and the coughing is causing calcification of his airway..

He's been on a anti-inflammatory and Lasix to try and curb some of the issues, the coughing is subsiding...

That being said, it makes it more and more difficult for me to blow medication in his face, as it makes him cough, like it does me sometimes...

Animal Cruelty.. ok, so i'm cruel... :lol:

I went ahead and made some for our Husky. I used the oil I make with the left over baby food my lil girl quit eating. Along wit flour to make them treaty lol...The Husky was shot in the leg by an old neighbor then had pins put in the leg..The pins didn't hold and now she is too old for further operations. She frequently has seizures and was having them once a day when I decided to make the treats..We give her four a day and since we have started the seizures have stopped...She is also walking better on her leg and enjoys the treats much more than us opening her mouth and putting the oil in.

The Pomeranian has COPD and has these weird coughing fits, we give him one a day and I have not heard him have one since we started..

ROFL that was a joke correct? That is so insensitive to animals ..LOL call back to another thread sorry..

I would try to stay as natural as possible, I only allow the pets to chew the leaves or small branches I cut off - not concentrated butter. Just like out in the wild, or outdoors, animals can kind of dose themselves with the leaves, with hash, buds, or butter - they can't. I notice my pets never attack the buds on the plant, just the sugar leaves.

My boston terrier got a hold of a vial of hash, and it seem like it made the dog uncomfortable. The dog would give me a look like she did something bad, and then fall over to one side! The dog vomited and had trouble walking. We had to take the dog to the bedroom and get it to sleep it off. It took about 10 hours to return to normal.

This is a touchy subject - we are not medical experts (animal or people) and we need feedback from our patients. Patients that cannot communicate if the meds work or not pose a serious ethical problem to a MM healthcare worker.

-DN

Edited by The Digital Nomad

Well, as a little update, my Buddy Ruzz-T has been coughing a lot lately, the beginning of Congestive Heart Failure.. :thumbsd:

His heart is swollen to over 1/3 natural size has been pressing on his esophagus causing the coughing, and the coughing is causing calcification of his airway..

He's been on a anti-inflammatory and Lasix to try and curb some of the issues, the coughing is subsiding...

That being said, it makes it more and more difficult for me to blow medication in his face, as it makes him cough, like it does me sometimes...

Animal Cruelty.. ok, so i'm cruel... :lol:

This may help:

Form a funnel with your hand(s) around an ear and very slowly (and quietly) exhale trying to concentrate the smoke deep into the ear.

This method may be preferred to in the face smoke therapy.

ROFL that was a joke correct? That is so insensitive to animals ..LOL call back to another thread sorry..

Gadzooks! I really sounded like a twit---sorry animals and owners. Actually, I am going to ask my vet about it next time I go in. I'm very much in favor of pain control for my animals...just dont know how much would be enough. As a side note, I did give my 2 chickens with frozen feet some liquid morphine. Thought it would kill them so I wouldnt have to put them down myself. They chirped like canaries until Hubby put them down the next day! x

High all,

My buddy Ruzz-T loves medicating with me... He also has some interesting cataracts shaped like Peace signs, a torn ACL, arthritis and gennerally is just gettin old... He's such a good boy... Had a rough life before I rescued him from the Pound...

So I ask, what about making Canna-Pet treats?

Usually, after hashing meds, I drop the leftovers in the crock-pot and make butter/oil with it...

What I was THINKING IS...

After making butter/oil, couldn't the roughage/fiber easily be used in beneficial medical treats for our 4 legged friends.. ???

If so, what sort of recipes would we be talkin about??

I thank you and Ruzz-T thanks you..

gallery_11199_188_26694.jpg

my bullie has sever skin issues,I have been making a topical oil for hi and it clears it up the nest day,I also give him canna oil a couple tbls every other day mixed with brewers yeast in a bowl he gobbles that right up nd his coat and skin have NEVER looked better