Legal Cases

Hempcheff

Ive come up with an idea, its something id like to have in my possession if i ever get in a situation where i would need it.

SURPRISE! Not all of us patients and caregivers can afford to have an atty. on retainer, much less a MM specific one. I have to give props to the legal eagles here on these forums, We all understand, law is not cheap and you are truly an asset to this community :goodjob::thumbsu: This thread is not about you ;)

With that being said, a majority of the people arrested for MMJ "crimes" have very poor representation in court, im sad to say, and we need to be pro-active from an individual standpoint to protect ourselves until the lawyers and courts are educated about the law and the cases that have been tried.

Ive heard several stories about people getting talked into a plea when they were afforded protections, but the atty wasnt educated, didnt care, etc... Every one of these "deals" can be used against us and they need to stop. If they had a packet of info to give to the person representing them, at least they would have something to work with, cause we all know, there is minimal research involved in your case when a PD/CAP is representing you.

I propose we get a list of MM cases in Michigan (state or federal) to date since the law was passed for people arrested to present to the public defender/court appointed atty. assigned them so those arrested at least have a "packet" of information regarding MM cases and perhaps a copy of the law to give to the defender instead of saying, "but im a patient, im protected" with nothing to back them up?

Perhaps in the future it might be broken down into sections of the law and cases that apply to it.

We wanted the law, this seems like a pro-active, non aggressive way to employ the protections we were given, and start winning more simple cases that should get dismissed.

anyhow lets see where this goes :)

Any self respecting member of this community who is not a dues paying member of the Michigan ACLU should be ashamed of themselves. Anybody that can afford to should be making monthly contributions to the Michigan ACLU and it's Political Action Committee. I am a dues paying member who contribute $50 monthly to the ACLU because they are the only one's actively protecting our rights against the onslaught of hostile politician's bent on driving medical cannabis from their communities.

Pony up and protect your rights before you get arrested. A good attorney would eat up 5yrs of my contributions just getting my case to trial.

I have had my issues and the ACLU has never contacted me in any manner. 50 bucks a month for something that dont exist no thanks

I have been thru 3 cases also,,glad you like to pay for something you dont use!

if you have a court appt'd attny they should do as you tell them,or you can call a mistrial! The only help I got was on my first case, I was appt'd a court attny, and I also called matt able, he dont know me from adam, im a member of minorml that was good enough for him, he offered to side bar for me, I gave my appt'd attny his phone number and the case was closed, just his name got me off in roscomon county!

Thank you to all the attny's on here and especialy matt able!

Peace

FTW

Jim

sorry king pin i was supposed to be replying to waynes world!

Any self respecting member of this community who is not a dues paying member of the Michigan ACLU should be ashamed of themselves. Anybody that can afford to should be making monthly contributions to the Michigan ACLU and it's Political Action Committee. I am a dues paying member who contribute $50 monthly to the ACLU because they are the only one's actively protecting our rights against the onslaught of hostile politician's bent on driving medical cannabis from their communities.

Pony up and protect your rights before you get arrested. A good attorney would eat up 5yrs of my contributions just getting my case to trial.

im self respecting, I just dont respect others that dont deserve it,, respect and trust have to be earned. it isnt a given!

Peace

FTW

Jim

I only know about 2 cases from these threads that are highly questionable prosecutions of people who were probably following the MMM Act- Bobntorey and Kingpin. The rest I have read about are NOT highly questionable and, in fact, are probably reasonable as violating the MMMA.

The Oakland County dispensary raid defendants might win (fingers crossed) but clearly they were reaching a bit without full local approval so time will tell. All the rest are not helpful cases for a court appointed lawyer defending a patient or CG in an MM case, IMHO.

Great idea for a thread. I look forward to learning about other cases- it looks like we have 7 more coming down the pike with the recent DEA subpoena of the MDCH......

Archived