Dr. Greenthumbs Pure G-13

porcupine

Doc asked me to post this picture of his pure G-13 as he is having trouble starting a new thread. The top shown weighed over three pounds wet, and from what I hear the rest of the plant was covered with big cola's. I was told that they were easily getting two and three pound plants in pots under lights.

Look for a grow journal coming very soon!!!

gallery_6229_121_422224.jpg

G13 has an unusually light, subtle, fruity taste and odour when smoked. The softest, least overpowering taste I have ever had. Some people are really going to like it for that reason. It also is very low odour in growth and so is bound to be appreciated by those with odour concerns as well.

The biggest bonus with G13 is no matter what you're growing now you'll easily double your indoor yield with G13 if you take care of business. The above cola is bigger than an actual football and all the plants have top colas about this size. It is a multi-branch plant and has large buds from top to bottom with softball-sized buds towards the top and fist-sized buds nearer the bottom. Depending on your skill level you should be able to get 1-2 and even 3 pound plants under lights

G13 has an unusually light, subtle, fruity taste and odour when smoked. The softest, least overpowering taste I have ever had. Some people are really going to like it for that reason. It also is very low odour in growth and so is bound to be appreciated by those with odour concerns as well.

The biggest bonus with G13 is no matter what you're growing now you'll easily double your indoor yield with G13 if you take care of business. The above cola is bigger than an actual football and all the plants have top colas about this size. It is a multi-branch plant and has large buds from top to bottom with softball-sized buds towards the top and fist-sized buds nearer the bottom. Depending on your skill level you should be able to get 1-2 and even 3 pound plants under lights

Thanks for the Informative description , PM sent ,,,

and were can i get some seed/clones :)

If I am not mistaken, Doc will have some seeds available within a month or so. You can email him at: drgreenthumb@drgreentumb.com, but I am sure he will post here when it is available, if not sooner as he wanted to start this thread himself. He is very proud of this project, deservedly so!

as he wanted to start this thread himself. He is very proud of this project, deservedly so!

just wanted to let it known that there was in fact a slight accident and the doc wasnt able to start a new thread there for a day or two.

it has been fixed, and he is ready to rock.

we have protected the "dr. greenthumb grow journal" thread so that it can only be infiltrated by greenthumb growers............

unfortunately, we accidentally locked out the doc himself :)

all good now though.

Doc.. using your 1-5 rating system for potency where would you say it falls ? Is it up there with Endless sky ? how does it compare to the Iranian G-13 in potency ? How many weeks of flower to reach full potential of yield and potency ?

Thanx Doc. I think u have the best gear around bud..peace Te Lilman

Here's my pet peeve with G13

I wish breeders who work with this strain would begin to call it something else now... As there are WAY TO MANY G13 strains floating around.

I respect and enjoy a nice G13 but there are so, so many versions out there... and FRANKLY some stink... and not the good stink.

I'm not bashing whats pictured here as it looks GREEEEAAAAT...!

And if I could grow one of those out I SURE WOULD.

Maybe it's just "ME"... But whats so hard calling your G13 "version" something kind of unique and memorable.

Instead of "Duthch Pasion"- G13, "Barney's"- G13, "Soma's" G13....ETC.

Just list the source in the genetics and come up with a name unique within your own breeding program.

Anyways, that's my pet peeve with G13--- Marketing is marketing though.

NICE Dr. G's "G13" pictured here though!--- :angel:

I look forward to seeing MORE!

:skydive:

Here's my pet peeve with G13

I wish breeders who work with this strain would begin to call it something else now... As there are WAY TO MANY G13 strains floating around.

I respect and enjoy a nice G13 but there are so, so many versions out there... and FRANKLY some stink... and not the good stink.

I'm not bashing whats pictured here as it looks GREEEEAAAAT...!

And if I could grow one of those out I SURE WOULD.

Maybe it's just "ME"... But whats so hard calling your G13 "version" something kind of unique and memorable.

Instead of "Duthch Pasion"- G13, "Barney's"- G13, "Soma's" G13....ETC.

Just list the source in the genetics and come up with a name unique within your own breeding program.

Anyways, that's my pet peeve with G13--- Marketing is marketing though.

NICE Dr. G's "G13" pictured here though!--- :angel:

I look forward to seeing MORE!

From what I know, and this is public knowledge from Doc's postings elsewhere, this is the original G13 that Neville had, and lost years ago. Doc paid a handsome price for this original clone years back. I believe Neville has reacquired it also, and that there are only approximately two others who hold this cut in the world, and they do not make it available to anyone. It is not the Airborne or Pacifica cuts that are prevalent out west that are used in the other seed companies crosses. This is all public knowledge through Doc's postings elsewhere.

When he says a strain is legitimate, then it is. No one is claiming it came from a government lab or anything like that, as that is all just legend, and will never be proven. It's just the original that has finally made it's way to the public in pure form. Something that Neville and Shantibaba never did, as the original was only used in crosses before Shantibaba lost it, after Neville gave it, and the crosses to him.

as far as i know G-13 came out of the U.W. Mj program

The original, most prevalent legend is that it came from the governments cannabis research labs at the University of Mississippi. But that's all conspiracy theory and no one will ever know the true origins. It is probably just an Afghan that had spectacular yield combined with high potency that someone bred and made up a story about to "hype" it.

Porcupine... I'm not here to judge "stories"... True OR not.

I enjoy the folklore of G13... AND possibly the "REAL" story as you describe it.

AND yes, I know of "some" of the drama that has been played out with G13.

Let me elaborate my G13 pet peeve- I have spoken with many folks who are not as well grounded to the reality of G13.

So, when I speak to these people they tell me such things like... WOW this is G13, don't you know what this is???( :blink::dodgyrun::lol: )--- AND it appears every breeder has there INCREDIBLE story of great fortune to obtain this mythical strain. NOT TO SAY YOUR IS B.S.--- Because I have heard this version as well with Neville, Shantibaba and the personal challenges that goes along with it. The Doc's story I MUST ADMIT is NEW TO "ME"... I like it and would love to grow this out one day.... But in all honesty I would not expect to have something exactly which has been put on display via this thread. Maybe something similar and that would be very nice, indeed!

Like I said, I'm skeptical of the G13 claims.

Do you know if the Doc's version (the original) is stable.... If so, have you grown multiple seeds out to bear witness to such claims... I hate to put you on the spot. BUT let's say one day I'm tempted to throw some funds the Doc's way for his G13. Are they what they claim to be?... Even if there was instability, would it be HIGH GRADE instability?... I have grown some G13 out before, some better than others... I just want to be swayed to BELIEVE!

Do you know if the Doc's version (the original) is stable.... If so, have you grown multiple seeds out to bear witness to such claims... I hate to put you on the spot. BUT let's say one day I'm tempted to throw some funds the Doc's way for his G13. Are they what they claim to be?... Even if there was instability, would it be HIGH GRADE instability?... I have grown some G13 out before, some better than others... I just want to be swayed to BELIEVE!

You aren't putting me on the spot in any way. No one is here to judge stories. You have a right to be skeptical, along with half the world, after all it is G13! That's why Doc wanted the thread started, for discussion, and to show off what he is the first to accomplish. But as I said Doc doesn't bullcrap about strains. If he says that's what it is, then that is what it is.

If it wasn't stable then Doc wouldn't release it. I've never had any stability issues with his elite seeds, and wouldn't expect it now(and I've grown out a lot), and had as much, or more stability in his personal strains than I have ever run by any other breeder. This project has taken years to finally be able to make it to the public so I expect no less.

I also wouldn't expect exactly what is in the picture unless you can grow it under the exact same conditions Doc did, but I am confident that with proper care you will get a very close representation of what you see from past experience. I know you are not making any accusations or bashing on his work, you made that clear in your first post, just skepticism because of all the other cuts.

Keep an eye in this room, and I will have a grow journal thread started soon, so you can see if it is something you might be interested in.

Is this the real DOC or an imposter??? I've grown football sized colas, but the potency was less the larger they got. I used to grow KONG back in the mid 90's and had 3 liter buds consistently. I stopped growing that strain because it didn't compare in potency to the Rhino and others I was running. I am running a Motarebel G-13 Hash plant and it falls in the "Average" above av. yield category, Super potent. But no LB plant. Good environment, actually PERFECT in order to yield above 1/2 lb per plant :goodjob: Now thats true CONTROL!!!! :goodjob:

Awesome.

I actually think I'm happy with the strains I have and then the pics go up...

I spoke with doc a few months back about these after seeing the ad in High Times. Very interested in this strain after seeing the pictures.

Truely I could careless about the huge yield...I just want the REAL G13.

Thanks for the pics porc and doc...beautiful.

Is this the real DOC or an imposter??? I've grown football sized colas, but the potency was less the larger they got. I used to grow KONG back in the mid 90's and had 3 liter buds consistently. I stopped growing that strain because it didn't compare in potency to the Rhino and others I was running. I am running a Motarebel G-13 Hash plant and it falls in the "Average" above av. yield category, Super potent. But no LB plant. Good environment, actually PERFECT in order to yield above 1/2 lb per plant :goodjob: Now thats true CONTROL!!!! :goodjob:

It is really Dr. Greenthumb. Look at his profile. You can call or email him anytime.

Doc asked me to post this picture of his pure G-13 as he is having trouble starting a new thread. The top shown weighed over three pounds wet, and from what I hear the rest of the plant was covered with big cola's. I was told that they were easily getting two and three pound plants in pots under lights.

Look for a grow journal coming very soon!!!

gallery_6229_121_422224.jpg

That is a thing of beauty, all fat and frosty! I hope you won't mind if I take a seat in the back and watch the dr. work. I spent some time reading the legend of this strain, and I can see how some might think it mythology. Given his knowledge and proven growing skills, I'm really anxious to see what the dr. produces. I think that it's wonderful that he would share it with the rest of us.

Archived