Why Not Support Dispensaries?

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest OxXGarfieldXxO

I've seen it asked: "Why not support dispensaries?"

I found a wonderful old video. Listen to our founder very closely. It's said a number of times. It's wasn't the intention from the beginning to ever support them at all. In fact according to our founder, these specifically will not be encouraged. A patient and caregiver relationship has always been the goal, never anything else.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CoWrjmUzifc

EDIT: At 8:13 Greg explains - Other time he spoke of it must of been in another video

I find dispensaries are an essential part to a closed loop system. Without a legal outlet for their overages, many people would just sell it on the black market. Dispensaries provide them with a safe, legal place to sell extra medicine.

We love patients who are able to grow for themselves, or have caregivers provide more cost effective medicine. But there can always be problems and gaps in the growing process, so a dispensary becomes a reliable option. There are also many patients who do not want to grow or have a caregiver, so they use a dispensary for their convenience.

Great to hear what people are thinking, and this alone was the sole purpose of the question. For full disclosure would like to state that we lost more in 2010 than most people make in a year.

I remember my parents buying a new Beta VCR for like $900 when I a kid. We all kno what hppened to vcr prices.

Many question our intentions and call us greedy shop owners,is this a fair statement? I have never personally met most of you and feel this may be an attack on a different front. We believe in safe access and providing quality organic medication.Bottom line.

Certainly those commenting on this post are excetional caregivers with quality product, unfortunately you represent the minority. Most medicine is junk and most caregivers fail to provide consistency. We feel we bridge that gap.

This industry has a lot to figure out and if we continue to focus on the patient it will take the proper course. We need to all agree whether you are a doctor, caregiver, dispensery owner, patient that we need to work together instead of imploding from within. Just my 2 cents.

I'm still thinking the low overhead of roadside cannabis stands makes great sense in a time of increasing gas prices. Produce locally, market locally. If dispensaries stand without modification of the law then I'm in like Flint. Barnwood for stands is available locally for free if ya look hard enough, cash labor is cheap in rural areas these days,and taking cannabis on consignment makes start up costs minimal for such a venture. Spring awaits.

Great to hear what people are thinking, and this alone was the sole purpose of the question. For full disclosure would like to state that we lost more in 2010 than most people make in a year.

I remember my parents buying a new Beta VCR for like $900 when I a kid. We all kno what hppened to vcr prices.

Many question our intentions and call us greedy shop owners,is this a fair statement? I have never personally met most of you and feel this may be an attack on a different front. We believe in safe access and providing quality organic medication.Bottom line.

Certainly those commenting on this post are excetional caregivers with quality product, unfortunately you represent the minority. Most medicine is junk and most caregivers fail to provide consistency. We feel we bridge that gap.

This industry has a lot to figure out and if we continue to focus on the patient it will take the proper course. We need to all agree whether you are a doctor, caregiver, dispensery owner, patient that we need to work together instead of imploding from within. Just my 2 cents.

And the answer to my earlier question is???

Again. How do you maintain inventory adequate to meet demand and remain compliant with the 12 plant per patient, 2.5 oz usable cannabis possession requirement? Are you suggesting there is a legitimate means to do that? As sad as I am to hear that you may have lost money, that is inconsequential to this discussion, and amounts to little, if anything, more than gratuitous fluff intended to, it appears, distract from the important topic at hand. It is noted that you cannot or will not reply.

Speaking of quality, it is little different from buying produce at roadside stands. Maybe I am incredibly lucky, but the produce I buy there is far superior to anything I can find with a sticker on it that comes from out of state. Then the tomatoes I get from my own garden are the very best.

This is about compliance with the law. We work darn hard to stay the hell out of jail, and nonetheless some of our people have been and are being run through the legal meat grinder, in spite of the fact that most have dotted their i's and crossed their t's. Those who do not comply deserve all that the law can heap on them, and will continue to hear from us. When they land in jail, we won't be sending quarter rolls.

Guest 1TokeOverLine

I take it then that you offer quality tested, approved and properly cured product safe for patient consumption with disclosed production chemicals and accepted methods, certified to be free of mold and contaminants? Lab testing and certification may justify your higher pricing model.

I wouldn't have a problem donating for a certified & tested product, I would have a problem donating for moldy, poorly grown, chemical laden, unflushed and wet surplus that I've seen some claim to be "medical quality".

1T

Guest OxXGarfieldXxO

I find dispensaries are an essential part to a closed loop system. Without a legal outlet for their overages, many people would just sell it on the black market. Dispensaries provide them with a safe, legal place to sell extra medicine.

We love patients who are able to grow for themselves, or have caregivers provide more cost effective medicine. But there can always be problems and gaps in the growing process, so a dispensary becomes a reliable option. There are also many patients who do not want to grow or have a caregiver, so they use a dispensary for their convenience.

Everything you mention can be supplied by a Caregiver that knows enough to not "overgrow" or a patient to patient transfer, both at a fraction of the cost.

We can all feel how we would like, but I know when I personally voted on that November day in 2008, dispensaries weren't in the picture in my mind. I personally don't agree with them. I joined the MMMA knowing their position on it, and am glad to see the return.

Best ta both camps though...

We have a stretch of state highway M-25 that runs from Unionville to Caseville and beyond that carries tens of thousands of tourists to the beaches and fishing opportunities throughout the thumb. Perfect place for a chain of roadside cannabis stands. Sweetcorn farmer's make a lot of cash up our way come warm weather with roadside stands. Think I got me a money making proposition here next summer.

Guest 1TokeOverLine

Everything you mention can be supplied by a Caregiver that knows enough to not "overgrow" or a patient to patient transfer, both at a fraction of the cost.

We can all feel how we would like, but I know when I personally voted on that November day in 2008, dispensaries weren't in the picture in my mind. I personally don't agree with them. I joined the MMMA knowing their position on it, and am glad to see the return.

Best ta both camps though...

That thinking is what drove me to register, why would patient-to-patient transfer need a third party? Where did dispensaries get the idea that the MMMA had them in mind when they created the Act? Downtown shops lined with goods and licensed by or employing felons is not the image we need to solidly win support for those that voted for compassionate treatment of the suffering. Our fight is hard enough as it is, without dealing with outside influences and counter agendas IMHO.

1T

hello all

hum why not support... well first and foremost its not in our law and to assume it is allowed because it does not say it is IMO a bad way of working it...

i read the law and even i understand some of what it says and my take is as a patient or caregiver its all for the patient not a dispensary... with no wording ive seen or read in this law for them... so when you push that issue i can see and understand why there being raided and put under the lime light... no protections and no laws to cover them... dont get me wrong i like the idea of buying stuff i cannt grow or dont know who is growing to test and try... think a better way is to setup a market place to get extras moved to where there needed but this also has issues as the i cannt set the price i want.. why should i sell at a lower price that what i can get myself... these speak greed to me... if your not willing to help the local grower in making this better for the locals then maybe you should not be here... like i keep getting told its all about the money and its still business at the end of the day and thats means its about money... dont support the local growers then they too will have no money... you have to decide in your own mind what its about for you... just dont complain to us here about you losing the money your business and going to jail as you have the choice to follow or lead and change it to your needs... so dont force something that has no place within this law on others because of your needs wants or greed... sorry for the rant...

abbe

I like how Purearbor stated it but I would like to add that we have enough cookie cutter products produced by or for big companies(just examples we all can relate to) like k-mart, wal-mart, miejers that are claimed to be a quality products are just pieces of s* garbage. Now the true craftsmen cater to the rich and the poor end up with inferior product. As Michigan farmers get more proficient at there craft, dispensaries would be provided enough Quality product for dispersion with out import or main stream big business (or government)cookie cutter products. Not to mention keeping it out of the black market.

I have adjusted my position on the subject of dispensaries since the lobbying efforts of some to monopolize the growing and distribution in Michigan. I was all for them. I appreciated the convenience. Now I am only supportive of that non profit co-op model and farmers market models.

On one hand we will never lose the stigma of marijuana being a street drug if we operate in the shadows but on the other hand operating in the open makes the MMJ law a target. We could have been more strategic rolling out in more accepting locations and fighting battles one at a time. Now we have hot spots all over the state any one of which can become the model for the whole state.

I'm still thinking the low overhead of roadside cannabis stands makes great sense in a time of increasing gas prices. Produce locally, market locally. If dispensaries stand without modification of the law then I'm in like Flint. Barnwood for stands is available locally for free if ya look hard enough, cash labor is cheap in rural areas these days,and taking cannabis on consignment makes start up costs minimal for such a venture. Spring awaits.

would this include the farmer's markets as well??

I've seen it asked: "Why not support dispensaries?"

I found a wonderful old video. Listen to our founder very closely. It's said a number of times. It's wasn't the intention from the beginning to ever support them at all. In fact according to our founder, these specifically will not be encouraged. A patient and caregiver relationship has always been the goal, never anything else.

THANK YOU GARFIELD! -Sb

hello all

hum why not support... well first and foremost its not in our law and to assume it is allowed because it does not say it is IMO a bad way of working it...

i read the law and even i understand some of what it says and my take is as a patient or caregiver its all for the patient not a dispensary... with no wording ive seen or read in this law for them... so when you push that issue i can see and understand why there being raided and put under the lime light... no protections and no laws to cover them... dont get me wrong i like the idea of buying stuff i cannt grow or dont know who is growing to test and try... think a better way is to setup a market place to get extras moved to where there needed but this also has issues as the i cannt set the price i want.. why should i sell at a lower price that what i can get myself... these speak greed to me... if your not willing to help the local grower in making this better for the locals then maybe you should not be here... like i keep getting told its all about the money and its still business at the end of the day and thats means its about money... dont support the local growers then they too will have no money... you have to decide in your own mind what its about for you... just dont complain to us here about you losing the money your business and going to jail as you have the choice to follow or lead and change it to your needs... so dont force something that has no place within this law on others because of your needs wants or greed... sorry for the rant...

abbe

WELL SAID! Thank You!

I do believe there needs to be a way for a pt to get meds if they can't grow, or their crop fails, or there's no cg a cg's crop fails; the collectives, co-op model, and farmer's market are a better way to go, keep it local, keep the quality good and prices reasonable/affordable. Remember, many pt's are very poor and very ill. When business gets into a health issue, there should be very clearly defined guidelines that are enforceable and monitored carefully.. So many are ruining it for us all. I hope we can keep what we have. As long as it's clear that pt/pt transfer is legal, which I believe it is, that will also help the visiting pt. If people are making an honest living, can cover the costs of growing, ok, as long as the price for their services is reasonable and they're willing to work with the pt, but when money is the only motivation, that person/business is no better than the drug companies we're fighting against. I don't see disp.'s in our law, so it should be obvious they aren't. This crap is splitting our community and I do NOT like it ONE BIT. In every community, something that causes the "divide and conquer" syndrome comes along, and it's happened here, not just at this site, but in much of the community. I hope people will wake up and realize what's going on before it's too late.

Sb

Guest 1TokeOverLine

Well said Blue. Michigan doesn't need to follow in the failed footsteps of the other states. We are a farm state and know how to git er done.

1T

It would appear then that dispensary owners have absolutely no obligations to the MDCH MMMP. No need for a caregiver card or playing around with $10 caregiver transfer forms? Do you have to be a Michigan resident to operate a dispensary? Can the cartels just set up wholesale operations, wharehouse storage facilities, and retail space for the product they import? Dump on the market at $3 gram or less to build a base?

Seems we completely legalized cannabis distribution without government interference, at least to anyone that qualifies under the AD or the law. Very cool!!!!

It would appear then that dispensary owners have absolutely no obligations to the MDCH MMMP. No need for a caregiver card or playing around with $10 caregiver transfer forms? Do you have to be a Michigan resident to operate a dispensary? Can the cartels just set up wholesale operations, wharehouse storage facilities, and retail space for the product they import? Dump on the market at $3 gram or less to build a base?

Seems we completely legalized cannabis distribution without government interference, at least to anyone that qualifies under the AD or the law. Very cool!!!!

Seems we completely legalized cannabis distribution without government interference, at least for anyone that qualifies under the AD or the law. Very cool!!!!

Thanks Stop the WAR

the AD is for every one that can prove they are sick IMO thats what make are Law the best i still cant believe it as to this day and i dont think Leo can ether

Archived