Within The Guidelines...

I hope these questions are in the right place. I am not trying to offend anyone who has a pending case, and I know that we're technically legal after the paper work and check have been cashed.

Are there any cases (pending or resolved), known where the defendant was within the guidelines (under 12 plants and/or 2.5 oz.) and "card in hand?" I have read a bunch of the recent story's on here and it seems people were waiting for their card or had more plants than they were supposed to. Also if you are a legal patient and are growing within you rights, is it illegal to have a firearm in your home?

to those of you with cases pending... I wish you the best and hope you get everything back, as well as sue for damages, and win!

at this point 90 people have read this and no one can point me towards a case or answer any question? so I am to believe no one with card in hand status, has been bothered/harassed/arrested? or do people here just not answer newbie questions?

to those of you with cases pending... I wish you the best and hope you get everything back, as well as sue for damages, and win!

hello

well there a lot of info and i dont see flaming out here if it is its because we have told many to look and so many dont they just expect us to give up the answer... i feel that does not help you to learn anything so please read like we have too and learn more... then your ? will be answered and not by someone who may be wrong in the answer... plus when you do read you may see something we over look and ask why then we see what your asking and it has not been asked before... i for one read a lot here and have found my answers to a lot of my ? but then i may not be the lazy type so i also ask that you at least try to help yourself... so to answer your ? which is in the forums by the way yes people with cards in hand have been harassed and arrested by there local leo's... this is a problem that will be worked out in time... as this law is challenged in the court systems but the judges keep seeing gray as they dont like the fact that if they dont follow this law there in need of them selfs to be judged and dont like it... just like leo dont like the fact there not allowed in the grow rooms and are subject to arrest them selfs... so they too say its gray... this is why we all say read the law so you understand it for yourself... you need to know what its says so you will be informed and no one can tell you that but yourself.... so ask but expect if its out here someone may tell you to look and read as we have to just to point you in the right direction because most dont want to read or care too... goggle is your friend all you have to do is use it... plus the more informed you are the more you can tell others the facts as you see them and not what you may have been told that maybe wrong... so read and be more informed...

abbe

Thanks? I have read the cases on this site. I think I mentioned that in the first post. I have also read the MMA repeatedly.There are a lot of misconceptions I have heard "through the grapevine" about it from card holders and applicants their is a ton of grey area from any ones stand point. THAT is why I am here and THAT is why I am asking questions. I have read others questions on here and knew the answer to them right away because of the way the law is written. I know what our rights are supposed to be, but It seems LEO does not. The only case I have read on here that turned out so far, was Debunked by members as being a fraud "kind wave whatever". In his raid story about how we should inform LEO that we are growing and card holding.

This is what prompted me to ask my first question. Google? Never heard of it. come on. this ain't my first day behind the wheel of a commodore64. Not every thing that happens in the world is covered by the news therefore not going to be search-able. I concider this to be an activist baseed community who would be more "in the know." That is why I asked HERE and why my first post included the terms "within the limits" and "card holding" .

"Read the manual first" type answers, are not worth my time to read or your time to right. Other people may be looking for these same answers that I am, but are afraid to post here. I was a lurker for a long time before I bit the bullet and took the risk to sign on. people are scared of becoming "legal" and need to now if it is safe to come out of the woods yet. the bugs don't seem to be worked out of the system yet. too many people are under the impression that they could follow the guidelines and still loose everything they have. bobandtory's case will hopefully shed some light on the situation when it is resolved, and I hope every thing goes the best for them. were holding our breath with our fingers crossed.

The gun question was not important.(but it is to some people out there.)and not mentioned In the act. The real question was, and I might Phrase it differently this time:

Have any of you, or do you know someone who has been a "card holding and under the limits""grow room door locked" patient or care giver who was raided and did not win there case OR get the stuff back? simple question. If I get no reply's I'll have to assume this does not happen. from what I have read of these cases, one or two of these guidelines were not met.

Having guns lying around and stacks of cash puts you in suspicion anyway without a grow in your house.(last sentence is in reference to one case on this board).

yeah folks, please do not ever feel scared to post here........ regardless of your "senority".

first, the site has a built-in search function. it is located in the upper right of nearly every screen. if you can honestly say that you have spent at least a couple minutes looking for the answer before asking the question, you will never have problems.

just use a little common sense and thoughtfulness and you will NEVER have a problem, regardless of how silly you think your question is. humbling yourself a bit never hurts either:

I hope these questions are in the right place. I am not trying to offend anyone who has a pending case,

little things like that mean a lot. :) especially if you are newer to the boards and nobody really knows you.

the help thread is 80 pages long with like 2,000 replies.... believe there are some pretty crazy questions in there :)

yeah folks, please do not ever feel scared to post here........ regardless of your "senority".

first, the site has a built-in search function. it is located in the upper right of nearly every screen. if you can honestly say that you have spent at least a couple minutes looking for the answer before asking the question, you will never have problems.

just use a little common sense and thoughtfulness and you will NEVER have a problem, regardless of how silly you think your question is. humbling yourself a bit never hurts either:

little things like that mean a lot. :) especially if you are newer to the boards and nobody really knows you.

the help thread is 80 pages long with like 2,000 replies.... believe there are some pretty crazy questions in there :)

Am not afraid to post. I am not afraid to search. I am not afraid to be humble. I am however afraid of the MAN. I'm here to educate myself I've been on my donkey for days just reading this site I'm new to this forum, but I am not new to forums in general.

thanks for the smillies BG and all you do here. :mellow:

Am not afraid to post. I am not afraid to search. I am not afraid to be humble. I am however afraid of the MAN. I'm here to educate myself I've been on my donkey for days just reading this site I'm new to this forum, but I am not new to forums in general.

thanks for the smillies BG and all you do here. :mellow:

Why be afraid of the MAN if your within the law ?

Worrying about cops coming kicking your door in is non productive and ruins your medicating time Ive had them hovering in helicopters over my home 2 months ago and ill say today what i said then i know I'm legal i know my weight of dry medicine is under 2.5 Oz's and i wasn't exceeding my plant count let them come if they want to waste their time because theres nothing to see here. :mellow:

I hope these questions are in the right place. I am not trying to offend anyone who has a pending case, and I know that we're technically legal after the paper work and check have been cashed.

Are there any cases (pending or resolved), known where the defendant was within the guidelines (under 12 plants and/or 2.5 oz.) and "card in hand?" I have read a bunch of the recent story's on here and it seems people were waiting for their card or had more plants than they were supposed to. Also if you are a legal patient and are growing within you rights, is it illegal to have a firearm in your home?

Here is a case involving cards, paperwork and firearms.

http://michiganmedicalmarijuana.org/topic/23775-people-v-provost/page__view__findpost__p__212083__hl__kalkaska__fromsearch__1

Case dismissed.

I will try to put your fears to rest GH1. Yes it does work our new mj Law. Though they are reluctant in Certain 'Parishes' around here to acknowledge it's contents. Trust me they are there. They frown on the Firearms, though in my case it was my Plea Out, Choice. Unregistered weapon - $150.00 fine ! MJ : Dismissed .

I wasn't growing at the time, (3/09) in fact I had just picked up a z/4 , the remains were laying on the Kitchen table. My brother opened the door for them, I was sleeping on the Couch. Ba da Boom, ba da Bim.

Obviously the gun wasn't Stolen. It was entrusted by deciesed. Get / Stay Legal its your cheapest , safest insurance.

Nowhere in the michigan medical marijuana act does it forbid the possesion of firearms in the home if your a caregiver or patient unless your a convicted felon .

Are you concerned about growing with just paperwork ? :unsure:

I guess I'll come right out here and say it...

I would like to be 100% legal. I don't go to doc's unless it is an absolute emergency. I would however go to the doc a few times to get cert...

That said. I don't believe in trusting the police to do there job correctly. In my area they are small minded and extremely overzealous. I don't want my door kicked in, my dog shot and my equipment taken. I have grown for years on and off and I can deal with the anxiety of it, with out being legal,(I Never Was Before) but I would rather be legal. It's just the cost right now that is a little prohibitive.

My main concern is that I fear I may have a greater chance of being busted if I was signed up for MM. I know about the privacy written in, but I only trust that as far as I can wad it up and throw it. I under stand the AD too, and could rely on that just fine if SHTF.

I am out of work, in pain and dying to be a father again(grow). I am trying to weigh my options and make an informed choice.I'd like to be a CG too but as stated above,I haven't gotten this far in life by trusting the gov.laws and LE

thanks for the link PB I haven't hit up that section yet, I just finished reading everything in this victims section so I have seen a bunch of your posts good work. I like the activism aspect of MM too.

Everyone on this site is here for help and answers. There are many knowledgeable here and are willing to help out. There are also a very few who will "Blaze" you but you have to understand the source.

All I did was watch, read, listen, and came to my own conclusion on the aspects of the law and lo and behold, it falls in line with most of the good people here.

MMMA folks are activist for your right as a patient. They are knowledgeable in the law and know how to get the best from your medicine. I never knew the full aspect of cannibis and still don't but thanks to the staff and moderators at this site I am finding out more and more as I go.

The law is two years old, the police act like there is no law governing this medicine, and the feds just don't want to here it. No matter what you think Obmama's take is. Feds don't care what our president thinks either.

Welcome to democrocy.

I'm sure PB, BB, JustBudz, and others who stand up for patients rights are going to be right on their tails like they have from the begining. Bob and Torey will always be the focus case everyone watches. Time will tell as they muck through the court system.

That is why this organization needs your membership dollars. They are hard at work day in and day out to make sure patients have safe access to their medication.

I thanked everyone by sending in my membership dues. They go to city councle meetings, they protest illegal search and seizers, they stand-up when others hide. Twentey dollars ain't crap for the things these people do for our community.

So read on. Knowledge is the key for success. Thanks to everyone on this site for all that you do, even the ones who flame. Alot of truth comes out in just. So pay attention to that also.

KP, I am not looking for a particular case. I said it before I don't care to much about the firearm thing was just asking since I already had a question up in this area. it was an issue in quite a few cases I read. If I grow there will be no guns on site. what I am looking for are cases people have won, I wanna be a winner if I go back to growing and SHTF.

DR.T thank you for you offer, I may take you up on that later. Just wanna do my home work here and be as educated on this as I can be. there is alot to read here but I working on it.I don't mind if some one flames me,(no one here has and I'm not the one who had said anything about it.) it's a right of passage on many forums. you won't see me with my tail between my legs. Thanks for all the replys guys :thumbsu:

Archived