Royal Smoke's Flower Room

Royal Smoke

Looking good Royal! I just built a mess of new buckets and a few new totes for veg this weekend. Also if you're in the metro area and need a hand ever don't be shy to ask, I'm always down to lend a hand or two.

Thanks man.... I appreciate the offer!

I hate putting those grommets and connectors in! My hands are always sore afterward!

Holy Cow " Royal Smoke "

You was up Earily ... Too Earily for Me ....

I've still got 4 open spots to fill...

I'll have some " Black Queen " by High Grade Seeds

and " Lemon Skunk " by DNA Genetics clones .... :thumbsu:

and maybe some Northern Michigan " Sour Diesel " clones ....

Its too bad you don't live closer to me ...

That Black Queen sounds exotic Dr.!

I'll definitely have to make it up north this spring!

I've got plants to put in those 4 spots, I'm just staggering them in. I'm flushing the last 4, before I put them in there. I also need to scoop up another 600 watt light.

I'll make it up north for some cuttings though in about 2 months! :D

• 2 weeks later...

Demons by nature are creatures of the night ya know.

I always kinda thought I was a Demon, quietone.... :devil:

I think you just affirmed it....

Got an update for you good folks! Been sick and dragging azz for a bit now...

These Monsters are really getting on my nerves..... Anybody want a couple of monsters? Got a ceiling that's over 9 feet? :D

6188666.jpg?360199152.jpg?365

8367742.jpg?3629659577.jpg?361

That was weak...

Ok, let's try this again.... :D

The Monsters are starting to bud up real nice. I keep bending branches trying to get the light penetration deep into the Monster's belly.....

Here's more pics, there's more on my blog, if ya just can't get enough..... :pic:

4299362.jpg?400

6142391.jpg?3564900375.jpg?355

3088772.jpg?3553770605.jpg?349

Holy cow Lol, what a GR you have there Royal...

Great job, I know that has been a lot of work.

If some of the patients out there that complain about why don't you have more bud, show them that, maybe then they will realize it takes a day to smoke a oz, months to grow one.

Trix

Thanks Trix! Yup, it is a LOT of work. I have much more of an appreciation of the 'costs' associated with growing high grade marijuana, now. I can see why the prices are the way they are for the most part. Commercial grows are a different story....

I'm really starting to feel like a dammnn basement dweller though.... :D

Edited by Royal Smoke

Guest MosCutty

Things are coming together Royal, I was just reading back and checked your site, how many total lights you got in there?

IMO you need to thin those monsters out a bit, your going to have a problem with light penetration. Energy will be wasted on popcorn buds that take forever to trim. That's why I mentioned vertical earlier and someone showed a pic of a nice setup.

Often people think numbers and huge plants and they don't think about cultivating the plant. Plants need guidance and when you train them they will give you what you want if the potential is their.

You have to think about what is possible in your space and how best to train the plants. You may find that you have problems with root rot down the line with the larger plants due to lack of space. If i were going to flower those girls I'd go to Menardo's and get the black 25 gallon totes, with yellow lids, can't find the link.

Then I'd put a 6in bubble disk. Keep rocking out my man! :thumbsu:

Edited by MosCutty

Things are coming together Royal, I was just reading back and checked your site, how many total lights you got in there?

IMO you need to thin those monsters out a bit, your going to have a problem with light penetration. Energy will be wasted on popcorn buds that take forever to trim. That's why I mentioned vertical earlier and someone showed a pic of a nice setup.

Often people think numbers and huge plants and they don't think about cultivating the plant. Plants need guidance and when you train them they will give you what you want if the potential is their.

You have to think about what is possible in your space and how best to train the plants. You may find that you have problems with root rot down the line with the larger plants due to lack of space. If i were going to flower those girls I'd go to Menardo's and get the black 25 gallon totes, with yellow lids, can't find the link.

Then I'd put a 6in bubble disk. Keep rocking out my man! :thumbsu:

Thanks for stopping in and the input MosCutty!

Yeah, I know I've got to do something with the Monsters. They're really just a pain in the azz now.

I've got 3 - 600 watt lights in the Flower room right now. For the most part, 2 of the 600's are covering 10 plants and the other 600 is doing it's best to cover the 2 monsters.

If I could find another room that had 10 ft ceilings and a 1000 watt light, I'd be golden. That's not going to happen though, so I'm really just trying to manage....

I know I've got to clean it up, but I get worried I'm going to cut off good stuff!! :D

Wow smoke that is quite the grow room. You are right about the work part.

Those buckets are a making me tired just looking at them.

BTW I think they have those yellow lid 25 gallon totes at home depot. I use the

for a Res for the ebb and flow. Nice sturdy totes.

I'm honored to have 'forced' your first comment out of ya.... :lol:

Thanks for coming by!

Yeah, luckily, I had the foresight to connect the buckets with tubing, so I don't got to fill them individually.

I'll have to look into those 25 gallon totes.... I'm not sure they'll help because I've got pretty low ceilings anyway.

Guest MosCutty

So Mos,

You suggest I get a vertical light to drop in there too after I've trim em' up a bit?

Yes, you haven't even hit the stretch and the plants are huge! :thumbsu:

However you need to consider light penetration, you can find info online. Your plants look very healthy but a plant that large will need more room, oxygen and light to push out the big colas.

Edited by MosCutty

Looks like you are getting things down pretty good. I would follow the advice of getting some side lighting even if it is cfl or fluorescent. I have a c-99 right now that is over 6ft with the bucket and it is doing nice some of the biggest colas I have seen from her.

Guest MosCutty

Thanks for stopping in and the input MosCutty!

Yeah, I know I've got to do something with the Monsters. They're really just a pain in the azz now.

I've got 3 - 600 watt lights in the Flower room right now. For the most part, 2 of the 600's are covering 10 plants and the other 600 is doing it's best to cover the 2 monsters.

If I could find another room that had 10 ft ceilings and a 1000 watt light, I'd be golden. That's not going to happen though, so I'm really just trying to manage....

I know I've got to clean it up, but I get worried I'm going to cut off good stuff!! :D

The cut back should have been done before the flip, we can talk plant training before your next run. 4, 12in plants flipped under a 600w would work. 10 under 2x600 is a few too much.

I just saw a few soil grown monsters about the same size, each plant had 2x1000w. The farmer was seeing some really nice numbers.

I still think your doing great, but thought you might want to consider a few things as you move forward.

Planning is key, control of every aspect of the garden is what your after. Little by little my friend. :thumbsu:

The cut back should have been done before the flip, we can talk plant training before your next run. 4, 12in plants flipped under a 600w would work. 10 under 2x600 is a few too much.

I just saw a few soil grown monsters about the same size, each plant had 2x1000w. The farmer was seeing some really nice numbers.

I still think your doing great, but thought you might want to consider a few things as you move forward.

Planning is key, control of every aspect of the garden is what your after. Little by little my friend. :thumbsu:

Thanks for the advice, my friend.....

Everything just kind of exploded!

Okay, Good People, I've got a very special update for you all today. I've been busy! I borrowed a better camera, so I've got some nice new pictures to share. There are many more on my site. I've also added a video for ya to watch, because I felt the pictures weren't doing the flower room much justice. I'd rather have you watch it on my site, because I added music to make it more entertaining: Video Page . But for you sticklers, I'll be posting it here too in a bit. :D

6454221.jpg?3923452346.jpg?388

3435191.jpg?3875305196.jpg?380

2823755.jpg?3742980979.jpg?380

Now, if ya want to go check out the videos, click here. Turn your speakers down a lil bit before clicking. :D

Edited by Royal Smoke