Week 10 And Still Alot Of 'young Arms'

holistic herb

It definitly depends on the strain. Check your trichomes with a microscope to make sure it is done before you harvest. If your in week 10 and the lower growth is still lacking...chances are you are working with a sativa dominant strain. If you are certain the top colas are mature enough for your liking you can take them and leave the lower to mature a little more. If it were me though...if the thrichomes on the colas are anything less than cloudy with 10-15% amber, I would let it go a little while longer.

It definitly depends on the strain. Check your trichomes with a microscope to make sure it is done before you harvest. If your in week 10 and the lower growth is still lacking...chances are you are working with a sativa dominant strain. If you are certain the top colas are mature enough for your liking you can take them and leave the lower to mature a little more. If it were me though...if the thrichomes on the colas are anything less than cloudy with 10-15% amber, I would let it go a little while longer.

Answer helped me also, Thanks

Peace

week 10 of my grow and a lot of the top buds are definetely done..will probably harvest tomorrow.. still about 50 shoots underneath the top buds, that have barely flowered...leave them in?? will they still grow good bud.. first grow here. suggestions would help!!

Those popcorn buds smoke good too their just not as tight and firm as the buds getting the major amount of lumen's towards the upper half of the canopy of the plant .

Another thing you need to do is relax its still just a weed ya know i remember how anal i was about my first crop now i just feed and water and live my life the timers do the rest.

Those popcorn buds smoke good too their just not as tight and firm as the buds getting the major amount of lumen's towards the upper half of the canopy of the plant .

Another thing you need to do is relax its still just a weed ya know i remember how anal i was about my first crop now i just feed and water and live my life the timers do the rest.

Howdy

Hey we're growing Hindu Kush X Skunk and into our second round of four into flower room and just jarred our last harvest, the buds are light and airy, frosted well and I'm very satisfied I can tell you that :thumbsu: .

I did have to harvest early do to some issues with my garden and only about 40% of trichs had turned amber but still works to take the edge off the break through pain.

My question is about bud density and does it play a part in how good that cannabis is for medication.

Do denser cannabis buds have better medicinal value or is all in the strain itself and the cultivation techniques.

I haven't yet made a decision on what strains to run in next grow cycle starting first part of April.I don't want to be flowering during the hottest part of summer (save money on cooling) so I plan on harvesting in spring and clone and veg until late summer early fall and then start to flower.

Peace

Do denser cannabis buds have better medicinal value or is all in the strain itself and the cultivation techniques.

Not at all...Its all about the THC and CBD (cannabinoid) levels when dealing with medicinal value. Some of the most potent medical strains are just programmed by their genetic makeup to produce light and airy buds. Of course there are many different factors that can contribute to bud density...Mostly light and air. I have run the same strain with the exact same setup and the only difference being between a 1000 watt HID and a 400 watt HID. In my experience the 1000 watt light always outproduced the 400 watt in terms of actual density and yield.

40% amber trichomes isnt a bad harvest point at all...I guess it all depends on the strain and you or your patients personal preference. Some strains I run, like the church for instance, I harvest when the trichomes are all cloudy and 15-20% amber. The reason being is the phenotype that I have is extremely potent and very couchy. By taking this plant a week earlier than it could go I can turn some of the most couchy medicine into a very nice energetic daytime smoke.

Not at all...Its all about the THC and CBD (cannabinoid) levels when dealing with medicinal value. Some of the most potent medical strains are just programmed by their genetic makeup to produce light and airy buds. Of course there are many different factors that can contribute to bud density...Mostly light and air. I have run the same strain with the exact same setup and the only difference being between a 1000 watt HID and a 400 watt HID. In my experience the 1000 watt light always outproduced the 400 watt in terms of actual density and yield.

40% amber trichomes isnt a bad harvest point at all...I guess it all depends on the strain and you or your patients personal preference. Some strains I run, like the church for instance, I harvest when the trichomes are all cloudy and 15-20% amber. The reason being is the phenotype that I have is extremely potent and very couchy. By taking this plant a week earlier than it could go I can turn some of the most couchy medicine into a very nice energetic daytime smoke.

.Hey I posted a reply to Kingdiamond here by mistake. I removed it and posted to Kingdiamond.

And just a comment to new growers Kingdiamond made a very valid point about relaxing. Once I got the basics down and felt confident enough to know I wasn't going to kill my garden I was at ease and now its a hobby and a way to relax working with my garden.

Don't get me wrong there are days when I can barely move and just can't get to what needs to be done but I don't worry about it like before.

Peace

Archived