Clinic On A Scam

There is a clinic in Detroit called Michigan Medical Marijuana Network located at 17807 W. 7mile Rd..They tell you the cost of the certification and also what to bring ...But what they don't tell you is that (1) everyone gets approved for this cheap fee, but you have to use their caregivers you can't choose your own that you pick and is comfortable with and if you want to use your caregiver then your caregiver will have to pay them $300 to be your caregiver thru their network plus they will have to pay for your exam..And if you don't ask about this they don't tell you. you just go in and fill out the application that they then send off for you with your documents and then add a caregiver from their network without you knowing or even approving it. But if you so happen to ask they say you have to go with there caregiver or you don't get certified thru them..Where do these people get off trying to take our rights to choose our caregivers and then trying to charge and outrageous fee if you choose your own caregiver with their examination for certification. :thumbsd:

There is a clinic in Detroit called Michigan Medical Marijuana Network located at 17807 W. 7mile Rd..They tell you the cost of the certification and also what to bring ...But what they don't tell you is that (1) everyone gets approved for this cheap fee, but you have to use their caregivers you can't choose your own that you pick and is comfortable with and if you want to use your caregiver then your caregiver will have to pay them $300 to be your caregiver thru their network plus they will have to pay for your exam..And if you don't ask about this they don't tell you. you just go in and fill out the application that they then send off for you with your documents and then add a caregiver from their network without you knowing or even approving it. But if you so happen to ask they say you have to go with there caregiver or you don't get certified thru them..Where do these people get off trying to take our rights to choose our caregivers and then trying to charge and outrageous fee if you choose your own caregiver with their examination for certification. :thumbsd:

It kind of makes me wonder why would this clinic care who we use as a caregiver and better yet why is it so important to have a caregiver from their network be your caregiver and why the sneaky stuff, having people fill out the application and then then add a caregiver from their network after you leave without you knowing it? Sounds fishy to me

It's not too difficult to file to change to a different CG.

It sounds to me like they are trying to run big grow opps and have their asses covered by the mma. It is sick how bad people jack it all up for the people who want to see this working positively.

They don't give 2 cents about being an actual CG's. They only want their max numbers so they can grow and sell on the street. It's organized crime. it should be reported as such, and shut down.

Yep thats whack!

As soon as you know you are legal! I hope you have copys of all the paperwork they filled out on your behalf, Including mail reciept and cashed check!

you need that to legaly get from your(their).c.g!

There is no way to find out if your stuff was sent in untill it is processed and deilivered to you! NO WAY!

If you have all your stuff than dont even wait, get a cg. attestation form and you and your c.g of your choosing fill it out, send in the 10 bucks and dont say sheet to no one! jsut make sure your app was sent in before you do that! be kinda phaqed up if your change cg form got there before your app from the scammers get there!

Dude find a real dr. that will use your ins,if your disabled I would hope you at least have state medical ins!

Good Luck to ya,,if it seems to good to be true? it is!

Peace

FTW

Jim

I

I didn't even stay I got my stuff and exited to the door..I didn't want any part of their scam. I was so pissed that it was even going on. I tried telling the other patients that were waiting that this isn't how it was supposed to go. But they didn't know any better.I told them to check the state website and read the caregiver requirements.

Why is this a scam? Sounds like they were up front about it so what is the problem?

People will try different business models (YES THAT IS A GOOD THING) and it is hardly surprising that a clinic could have a preferred caregiver list. Perhaps they want to better regulate the ingestion of marijuana they are recommending people use?

I am not endorsing this model or suggesting this clinic is doing good or bad work but I certainly don't think it is a scam. Yes I think people could contractually agree to get a reduced certification fee evaluation in return for having to pay a penalty if you use another caregiver.

I would probably not have done it either and would have walked. What if you buy from a dispensary or a farmer's market? I just don't like to limit my options. Sounds like they are going after a market share that has less money up front for the examination?

It kind of makes me wonder why would this clinic care who we use as a caregiver and better yet why is it so important to have a caregiver from their network be your caregiver and why the sneaky stuff, having people fill out the application and then then add a caregiver from their network after you leave without you knowing it? Sounds fishy to me

When I was researching where to go for my initial certification I ran across a clinic that charged people a hefty fee to be registered with the clinic as a caregiver and the clinic would hook you up with patients. There was no guarantee you would be supplied patients. This clinic didn't force you to use theirs but I can see where the clinic could change it to mandatory if a bunch of money grabbing for profit only people would be pissed off if they paid for the opportunity of being supplied patients. The cheap certification price is compensated by the fee they charge to sign up with them in hopes of being supplied patients. I can see someone who dost know anyone personally who needs the services of a caregiver and that is looking to profit falling into a scam like this....I could be wrong but what other reason could it be?

I have seen this before as well, there caregivers usually pay for a CG certification , and then they have to use the grow equipment that the place supply's, there was a person in Holland that was trying to start the same business model. IDK if it went thru or not, but I sure wouldn't support that type of scenario at all.. If you see one like this run forest run, get out the door...

Any place that explicitly guarantees certification is not going to cut it in court. I can understand not charging a fee if no recommendation is given, but just plain old guaranteeing is not cool.

Any clinic that does not demand pertinent medical records is also not going to cut it in court.

If in any way LEO can challenge the doctor/patient bona-fide relationship they will. Each time they are successful using this strategy our protections are further eroded.

Similar, unscrupulous, clinics operate in California. As a result there are lots of people with phony paper that wont hold up in court.

I don't see problem with the clinic IF THEY DISCLOSE IN WRITING TO EVERY PROSPECTIVE PATIENT THEY WOULD CERTIFY WHY their fee is so low. The problem I do see is the lack of disclosure. There is a big market for low fee even no fee certifcation--both to bargain hunters and indigents. Many more folks would be certified if it wasn't for the cost so the model is as justified as many others, BUT TO BE LEGITIMATE AND NOT A SCAM THEY MUST DISCLOSE WHAT THEY ARE DOING. So many drs. won't use your insurance to certify you--it's cash only, often upfront, and oftentimes not refundable if you don't get certified. Some docs say it's still an office visit and those aren't free, and I have to agree.

I can't belive all this, that you people wrote. It's a simple case of an organized black market street gang Style(Multi)grow operation. Now it's "Safe" to have numerous small operations instead of large warehouse type ops.

Using the medical law as a shelter...

*The doctor is paid by the "organizer"

*The organizer sets up grows and "care givers" with the max patient and maximum plant numbers allowed.

*These "Care givers" are actually "manufacturing product," not growing Medicine.

*The organizer sets up a clinic to get patients for each "care giver."

*The organizer collects the "Product" from each grow to distribute on the black market.

*The organizer pays the growers.

*The organizer makes LARGE tax free untraceable PROFIT.

*The actual patient may, or may not receive some medicine from the organization, my guess is they really don't care.

It's a simple case of the criminal abusing the system and this new law opened doors for them.

Once every thing is in place, "Our new law" offers (some) protection from LEO. What's the loss of one grow house when you've got 50-60?

In this instance when I say "care giver" I am not referring to the compassionate care the we know amongst honest patients and CG's. I mean it as a legal definition, that these organizations are using as a cover to have medium scale grows going on all over MI. Maybe I am conspiracy theorist, but the facts given in the original post just spell this scenario right out, to me. The Greedy always ruin things for the good people.

GH

I can't belive all this, that you people wrote. It's a simple case of an organized black market street gang Style(Multi)grow operation. Now it's "Safe" to have numerous small operations instead of large warehouse type ops.

*The organizer sets up grows and "care givers" with the max patient and maximum plant numbers allowed.

*These "Care givers" are actually "manufacturing product," not growing Medicine.

*The organizer collects the "Product" from each grow to distribute on the black market.

*The actual patient may, or may not receive some medicine from the organization, my guess is they really don't care.

It's a simple case of the criminal abusing the system and this new law opened doors for them.

Once every thing is in place, "Our new law" offers (some) protection from LEO. What's the loss of one grow house when you've got 50-60?

In this instance when I say "care giver" I am not referring to the compassionate care the we know amongst honest patients and CG's. I mean it as a legal definition, that these organizations are using as a cover to have medium scale grows going on all over MI. Maybe I am conspiracy theorist, but the facts given in the original post just spell this scenario right out, to me. The Greedy always ruin things for the good people.

GH

Good run down of the nitty gritty details of these operations. IMHO these are nothing but a commercialized grow op skirting the law. Working with public acts, zoning laws, etc., you learn if it isn't written into the law you can challenge it it court. These clinics are in fact working as a commercial business selling MM for set prices. It's just a matter of time....

GH

Is nobody going to defend the clinics here?

There is no evidence this is an illegal grow op. There is no evidence this business model failed to provide full disclosure. No evidence of tax fraud. No evidence of any of these colorful descriptions of a black market grow operation.

Was you intent to point out that black market grow ops and legal medical marijuana grow ops are basically the same except, umm, one is legal and one is not. Sure, OK, you win.

But characterizing this is 'using the medical law as cover' in this context is like saying: He printed a story- 'using the First Amendment as cover.'

The activities you are bitching about are legal so far as I can see.

Just my opinion, not legal advice, not endorsing anything and anybody. :rolleyes:

The activities you are bitching about are legal so far as I can see.

Just my opinion, not legal advice, not endorsing anything and anybody. :rolleyes:

Due to the lack of regulations these days that protect consumer rights they probably are not doing anything illegal. When the standard practice is to allow you to pick your own caregiver it is fraudulent nondisclosure to not let their clients know ahead of time they will be required to use their caregivers. Prosecutable? Probably not but still not ethical.

It seems that the whole "caregiver" label is one people are trying anything to get.

When I was trying to get certified, I had a member that was on this site promise to help get me certified. He claimed I would never have to leave my house, everything right over the phone. He would contact my physician for all my records and have the certifying DR. contact me if he had any questions. All this and the price was supposed to be very fair.

After about 3-4 phone calls, and after giving this person my personal info, my Drs info, SS#, and all my medical info I thought he needed (everything he asked for) we had one last talk before he was supposed to "take care of me". In that last conversation he mentioned me making him my caregiver. I said, NO I am not making anyone my caregiver, I will be my own caregiver, but thank you.

The conversation quickly ended (he was busy all of a sudden) and he never returned a call. I thought he was taking care of everything as he said, but then he wouldn't even answer the phone, or messages I sent him. It was about a few days later he was banned from this board and his phone number disconnected.

Luckily I got a heads up from someone not to wait for him to help out because he was "not reliable, and talked a lot of bunny muffin".

Bottom line, after only waiting a couple days for a call back, I went elsewhere and got certified.

The whole point, this person was soo willing to help out, make everything as easy as possible, when he thought he could quickly increase his plant count. As soon as he found out I was not making him CG, he no longer wanted to help, no longer had the best clones around to help me get started, no longer wanted to make sure I didn't go without meds.

There are people who only want you to make them caregivers so they can sell your meds that you don't take - period.

I am seeing way too many people who claim to want to help, but only want to make as much money off this thing as they can.

Why is this a scam? Sounds like they were up front about it so what is the problem?

People will try different business models (YES THAT IS A GOOD THING) and it is hardly surprising that a clinic could have a preferred caregiver list. Perhaps they want to better regulate the ingestion of marijuana they are recommending people use?

I am not endorsing this model or suggesting this clinic is doing good or bad work but I certainly don't think it is a scam. Yes I think people could contractually agree to get a reduced certification fee evaluation in return for having to pay a penalty if you use another caregiver.

I would probably not have done it either and would have walked. What if you buy from a dispensary or a farmer's market? I just don't like to limit my options. Sounds like they are going after a market share that has less money up front for the examination?

B.S

Archived