White Widow Problem

I've been having a problem growing sativa plants in general but for this thread I need to address my White Widows.

Growing indoors under 1000 watt hps

Growing in FF Ocean Forest soil

Watering thoroughly when pots are light in weight with water ph 6.5-7

5th week in flowering room

Spots and yellowing lower leaves started to show up a after a couple of weeks in the flowering room. They have been very healthy up to then.

Moderately fertilized with GroBig upon entering flowering room and then again a week later. Also have used superthrive in watering.

Added 2tbs. of dolomite to soil on week 5 and lightly foliar fed them cal/mg plus.

Thought it was either calcium or magnesium problem but nothing added has changed the plants conditions. Flowers are growing but leaves are still dying and I'm beginning to think the spotting and yellowing of the leaves will eventually reach into the buds. Water runoff is ph 6.

Am growing another couple of sativa's (different strain) and they are showing the same problems.

Am also growing indica's and they show none of the symptoms.

Any opinions might be helpful.

post-1554-0-75555800-1294541703_thumb.jpg

post-1554-0-90407500-1294542031_thumb.jpg

post-1554-0-15619500-1294542041_thumb.jpg

that happen to me also and i never got it right i just got rid of it

i think that cut has been around for some time i see it around all the time i think it always has been a bad seed IMO

This is the second go around with this and I'm running into the same problem, what's puzzling is it's only happening to the sativa's and I have two different strains of them. Indica's are fine with the same treatment.

[1]plants are going to yellow during flower

[2]White Widow(tropical Brazil parentage) only likes acidic water/medium because nitrogen is available. many nutrients are locked up till about 6.2 to 5.7 we had same issue-fixed now with the help of G.H. products-always use the micro nutes! Mucho Important'e

plants are going to yellow during flower

Yes but at 2 weeks into flowering? and I have some in the veg room that are showing signs of the same symptoms now.

Thanks for the reply, so my watering has been too base and by increasing the acidity it may help at this point?

I've got the same problem with a 3' Pineapple Chunk that I acquired. It was an absolutely beautiful plant when I got it.

I switched it to a 12/12 cycle, transplanted it from a 1 gal to a 4 gal pot with FFOF, and took some clones. Now, altho I think it suffered slightly in the transfer, ie., out in the cold, my plants leaves look just like yours now. I haven't added any nutrients the first two weeks, as I know the FFOF is pretty hot, and, while, the buds are beautiful, the leaves are dropping like flies. Maybe the FFOF is too hot for this strain, and should be diluted????

I've been having a problem growing sativa plants in general but for this thread I need to address my White Widows.

Growing indoors under 1000 watt hps

Growing in FF Ocean Forest soil

Watering thoroughly when pots are light in weight with water ph 6.5-7

5th week in flowering room

Spots and yellowing lower leaves started to show up a after a couple of weeks in the flowering room. They have been very healthy up to then.

Moderately fertilized with GroBig upon entering flowering room and then again a week later. Also have used superthrive in watering.

Added 2tbs. of dolomite to soil on week 5 and lightly foliar fed them cal/mg plus.

Thought it was either calcium or magnesium problem but nothing added has changed the plants conditions. Flowers are growing but leaves are still dying and I'm beginning to think the spotting and yellowing of the leaves will eventually reach into the buds. Water runoff is ph 6.

Am growing another couple of sativa's (different strain) and they are showing the same problems.

Am also growing indica's and they show none of the symptoms.

Any opinions might be helpful.

im seeing red stems! what about nitrogen?

Peace

FTW

Jim

I've got the same problem with a 3' Pineapple Chunk that I acquired. It was an absolutely beautiful plant when I got it.

I switched it to a 12/12 cycle, transplanted it from a 1 gal to a 4 gal pot with FFOF, and took some clones. Now, altho I think it suffered slightly in the transfer, ie., out in the cold, my plants leaves look just like yours now. I haven't added any nutrients the first two weeks, as I know the FFOF is pretty hot, and, while, the buds are beautiful, the leaves are dropping like flies. Maybe the FFOF is too hot for this strain, and should be diluted????

Yes I've suspected this too.

Guest OxXGarfieldXxO

In a lot of recipes it list FFO being cut 2 to 1 with lightwarrior....If thats been done, made need to cut it even more....Hard to diagnose a persons grow from pics....

ok guys....I'm surprised that WW is giving you such a problem. I grow mine in basic compost, black potting soil and sand. The room temp is between 68 & 70 degrees. I don't fuss over it just water when soil feels dry to touch. It grows like crazy for me in a room with lots of natural light and a few grow bulbs for supplemental light in the winter months. I've been taking clones for over a year now. As far as hydro I tried it once, had to many problems with yellow etc.

Might want to experiment with an organic grow of a couple of plants to compare which method works best for your environment.

I also have a ww strain that has showed the exact problems, I have been able to reduce the issue but never fully solve it. I have grown my particular strain of ww(seeds from amsterdam), in pro-mix, hydroton as a base on flood tables and nothing(aero-nft hybrid). I have had the best luck in aero-nft keeping my ppm's extremely light, around 300(yes with ro water and yes I added cal mag and used GH flora series nutes) my well water is approx 300 ppm without nutes, so the ro was my only option for running aeroponics. Please pm me if you come up with a solution. I am starting to believe in the "bad seed theory" mentioned above, but I am still running this lady because regardless of the appearance of the leaves, the flowers turn out fantastic! My favorite daytime medication, with lots of sativa influence, forehead and eye pressure, excellent motivation, and I can still keep a decent train of thought!(although with time the flowers seem to be getting a bit more potent, throwing in a little "what was I just doing?" but only for a sec!), My wife also enjoys this variety for the day, but did mention that it seemed to increase her anxiety a little bit, but not to the point of paranoia. I hope this will help in some way(I have run other plants in the same systems with this strain, and they showed no signs of burn or deficiencies) given the exact same nutrient regimen.

I also have a ww strain that has showed the exact problems, I have been able to reduce the issue but never fully solve it. I have grown my particular strain of ww(seeds from amsterdam), in pro-mix, hydroton as a base on flood tables and nothing(aero-nft hybrid). I have had the best luck in aero-nft keeping my ppm's extremely light, around 300(yes with ro water and yes I added cal mag and used GH flora series nutes) my well water is approx 300 ppm without nutes, so the ro was my only option for running aeroponics. Please pm me if you come up with a solution. I am starting to believe in the "bad seed theory" mentioned above, but I am still running this lady because regardless of the appearance of the leaves, the flowers turn out fantastic! My favorite daytime medication, with lots of sativa influence, forehead and eye pressure, excellent motivation, and I can still keep a decent train of thought!(although with time the flowers seem to be getting a bit more potent, throwing in a little "what was I just doing?" but only for a sec!), My wife also enjoys this variety for the day, but did mention that it seemed to increase her anxiety a little bit, but not to the point of paranoia. I hope this will help in some way(I have run other plants in the same systems with this strain, and they showed no signs of burn or deficiencies) given the exact same nutrient regimen.

I've read on FF's website that certain nutrients will only release with water in the 5.5 to 6 range so this is what I'm trying now. Until now I've been watering at 6.5 to 7.

Those nutrients are - manganese, magnesium and phosphorus.

Mr. Mister what are the NPK values of the Grobig ferts you are using?

6-4-4 (I haven't used it since the 2nd week in the flower room), at this point the buds are growing and the leaves are still dropping, the other two sativas (different strain) I have that are a couple of weeks younger have stopped growing altogether with small flowers on them, I'm assuming they are a loss cause.

id say cut the n in your feeding regime. i had the same issue, discovered it to be n in the soil, i was adding too much with nutes, as soon as i cut the grow nutes to 0, and switched to bloom nutes, the problem fixed. keep in mind too that yellowing is normal during flowering, except on the flowers and those sugar leaves in the buds.

hope this helps!

6-4-4 (I haven't used it since the 2nd week in the flower room), at this point the buds are growing and the leaves are still dropping, the other two sativas (different strain) I have that are a couple of weeks younger have stopped growing altogether with small flowers on them, I'm assuming they are a loss cause.

Well I will assume from this reply that you kept providing the gro nutz for the first couple weeks of flower. That is very important. Now first let me say I have never used FF soil. I make my own soilless mix. From all the forums I have read, from other growers, (which is alot) FF soil starts great, out of the gate, but quickly looses steam. Meaning MJ will deplete the available nutz in the soil.

I believe you are dealing with a nitrogen deficiency. MJ will rob the nitrogen from the older leaves to feed the younger ones to keep growth going. The spots are necrosis (dead plant tissue). Dizledot is not having the problem because her compost is more rich in the nitrogen. I would recommend you take a tablespoon, per plant, of Blood Meal and work it in to the top inch or two of the soil. Then give a good watering with your gro fertz. I would keep a feeding schedule like gro, bloom, bloom, then flush and repeat until the yellowing goes away or use a gro, bloom, then flush and repeat. Your choice.

Out of curiosity what is the NPK of the bloom fertz you are using and what size pots?

Archived