Best Payment Method When Applying?

Guest MMAisgood

Guest MMAisgood

Just wondering when it's time to send everything to Lansing is there a best/fastest payment option you guys have noticed? Referring to getting your card the quickest, and just overall smoothness of it.

I was going to go with a money order since I don't have a bank account, but would like to know the best option if there is one. Thanks.

cash lol, than your legal 20 days after app recieved! :thumbsu:

money orders are kinda hard to get copys of them cashed, if you have a friend have them write a personal check so you can get the check cashed copy, if not money order or certified, it dont matter there is no quick way to get your card!

Peace

FTW

Jim

I'm sure you 've already did the Money Order thing ...

But i personally believe the best is a Personal Check ...

At least you can get PROFF that the State Cashed your Check ...

W/ a money order it's a pain in the Butt ...

I 've wrote Checks for others that did'nt have a personal

checking accounts .... that way i could give them a Copy

of their Cashed Check ...

But as long as you sent it out certified , You should Not

have any problems .... :thumbsu:

Guest MMAisgood

definitely a personal check sent certified mail. CM is when you pay a few extra bucks for them certify that it has been delivered. you will get a little green card in the mail proving they recieved it.

Ok cool thanks. :)

I'm sure you 've already did the Money Order thing ...

But i personally believe the best is a Personal Check ...

At least you can get PROFF that the State Cashed your Check ...

W/ a money order it's a pain in the Butt ...

I 've wrote Checks for others that did'nt have a personal

checking accounts .... that way i could give them a Copy

of their Cashed Check ...

But as long as you sent it out certified , You should Not

have any problems .... :thumbsu:

Agreed.

I started off getting a money order, but read about all the problems in getting proof that it was cashed. So I went with a personal check, figured why not, they already had all the other information on me within the application anyway. I went back to the bank and got the money back from the money order, be sure NOT to write anything in the TO area, and if you do, don't cross it off and make sure to have your back copy as proof that it's a mo you bought.

I sent the paperwork in certified, as I got the green card that they received it within 2 days and then found they cashed my check in 4 days and I was able to get proof from my back within a day of that. I have all my paperwork together, and it was all cashed back in mid-November, and I'm still waiting for my card. I hear they are months behind on sending them out and nothing to make it come faster...not even dropping it off in person will get you the card any faster, just eases the mind that they received it. I figure the $3 to send certified was a lot cheaper than a couple of gallons of gas to get me there/back since I'm in Kalamazoo, but if I lived nearby, I certainly would drop off in person too.

Guest MMAisgood

Only person in my family with a bank account won't even write a check for me, they don't want to "get involved" with anything to do with marijuana lol.

So where should I purchase a money order from to be able to track it? Could I just go to any bank and get one? Which banks track them? Etc. etc.

@master.caregiver

Is Western Union a bank? Do I have to have an account with them to buy one?

I've bought I think one money order in my life so that's why I'm sounding like I have no clue how the process works, because I don't really.

Archived