Caregivers Never Cease To Amaze!

Let me start by saying I am not starting this thread to rant about "uncompassionate" caregivers. We all know that there are many degrees of compassion and not everyones definition of compassion is the same. That topic has pretty much been explored from every angle and always causes a "great debate".

BUT

When I read a post from a caregiver on this forum that requires a $25 application fee before they can even be considered as a patient, I see RED :growl: I am an educated person who understands that CG's need to be compensated for their time and money invested, but to be required to pay $25 to be "considered" as a patient is insulting!! I know we have many imbeciles in this world and plenty within our "mmj community" and I always try to be tolerant. I also understand that some are just out to make money, but typically even those just trying to make money realize they must provide a service. Is reading over an application for mmj caregiver and approving or declining someone really a "service".

This in my eyes is not a service, more of a disservice!!

I would just like to say to that group of CG's....SHAME ON YOU!!! Good luck in your endeavors and I hope you learn quickly!!

(Obviously this is just one persons opinion and in no way reflects the feeling and opinions of the MMMA or mmj community.)

This is exactly why free market principles are so important. If Bell Tire is too expensive and not meeting your needs, you can just roll down the road to Discount Tire. Soon, there will be no Bell Tire and Tire Mart will take their place. The best part of a free market, choice.

This is exactly why free market principles are so important. If Bell Tire is too expensive and not meeting your needs, you can just roll down the road to Discount Tire. Soon, there will be no Bell Tire and Tire Mart will take their place. The best part of a free market, choice.

Belle Tire will match anyone's price, will caregivers?

man that is just crazy and hopefully this person is not around long. I am sure they will not be

It was a first post, directing to a website. My hope is not that they don't stick around. ;) My hope would to be that they read the opinions and thoughts of the many here and change their practices. I believe they will figure it out pretty quick when they can't get patients :o Once in a while a post just throws me for a bit of a loop and I have a compulsion to comment.

NOTE: I am not on the "market" for a caregiver. Thank you for those that wrote with openings. I just have a tendency to let my inquisitive mind get the best of me and read posts that have no relevance to my situation.

Belle Tire will match anyone's price, will caregivers?

Belle Tire is selling the same tires that Discount tire is selling.... Caregivers aren't selling the same products as other caregivers.... Even if they are growing the same strains it doesn't mean they are all coming out the same. I am not defending bad caregivers just stating that we aren't comparing tires to tires......

It was a first post, directing to a website. My hope is not that they don't stick around. ;) My hope would to be that they read the opinions and thoughts of the many here and change their practices. I believe they will figure it out pretty quick when they can't get patients :o Once in a while a post just throws me for a bit of a loop and I have a compulsion to comment.

NOTE: I am not on the "market" for a caregiver. Thank you for those that wrote with openings. I just have a tendency to let my inquisitive mind get the best of me and read posts that have no relevance to my situation.

Like most people above, I agree with the benefits of a free market.

I happen to think it's a pretty clever way to separate the serious people from the 'tire kickers'.

I saw this MLM company turn the industry upside down a couple years ago, You know sometimes you'll see an advertisement or perhaps spam to join the 'Next Best Thing", "Business Opportunity", blah, blah blah.....

Well this company set up an exciting website and wouldn't actually even divulge the business opportunity. They made people pay a $49 application fee. (Guess what? Everyone was approved!) It did do a pretty decent job of separating the "tire kickers" from people that were willing to risk a little to gain a "lot" :D (It was hard to even type that)

I thought it was pretty clever....

I don't know if this is what they are trying to do, but I guess we'll see if they get any takers.....

once again pt's the cg works for you! you do not work for them, if you dont like the situation change c.g's and dont tell them they wont have any idea you dropped them. as much as every one says, mdch does not inform the cg the patient quit them! let them stay over their limit and they will get what they give!

Peace

FTW

Jim

tahts why my pts sing a contract so they can't do that phaquetoo you are giving bad advice you should let them know you are droping them,you the same guy that was on here crying about your card a year ago and that you needed it before you went to court and now you would do some thing like that to some one you are not a grower or a caregiver so why give advice like you are

once again pt's the cg works for you! you do not work for them, if you dont like the situation change c.g's and dont tell them they wont have any idea you dropped them. as much as every one says, mdch does not inform the cg the patient quit them! let them stay over their limit and they will get what they give!

Peace

FTW

Jim

Getting nuclear over being shot by a BB gun. Not exactly an eye for an eye. They could lose their house, kids, spouse, job, freedom, anal virginity, retirement, cars, computers, life, guns, and what ever else leo has an interest in. Plus you miss out on the FU, U suck, I am taking my dollars and going elsewhere conversation.

Getting nuclear over being shot by a BB gun. Not exactly an eye for an eye. They could lose their house, kids, spouse, job, freedom, anal virginity, retirement, cars, computers, life, guns, and what ever else leo has an interest in. Plus you miss out on the FU, U suck, I am taking my dollars and going elsewhere conversation.

anal virginity...lmao!!!

Peace

FTW

Jim

I respect most things you say Phaq. but that is reckless advice.

Peace

FTW

Jim

Jim

That is simply ludicrous. I agree that as a caregiver, you are providing a service to your patients and that you work for them. However, I also know that in addition to caregivers not always delivering what i promised, there are many patients with unrealistic expectations no matter how professional and good the service is, there is always those special few who are never satisfied. When I started caregiving, I provided 1 patient with completely free delivered meds, yet he was never satisfied and ALWAYS had a complaint. Some of them bordered on ridiculousness. Eventually we went our separate ways and I couldn't be happier.

Truth be told, while there ARE bad caregivers out there, many patient caregiver conflicts arise from misunderstandings, not establishing clear boundaries for the relationship, etc. To encourage setting someone up for criminal charges because of a disagreement is ridiculous. Remember, there are always two (or more) sides to every conflict.

Peace

FTW

Jim

Jim

I don’t think we know each other personally, but I have read a lot of your post. And I don’t think you really mean this. We all know there are good and bad cg’s just like there are good and bad patients. Two wrongs don’t make a right. I can only deduct that you were in pain or under the weather when you wrote this. I am sorry if you were.

Someday there may be a better system for letting CG’s and patients know when there are changes. I for one would like to see a automated system that cg’s and patients could call to check status of any and all aspects of their cards. But for now lets all be adults and tell the cg or patient if there is a problem. Setting someone up for a fall not only hurts that person and their family, but it hurts our movement as well.

John

a application fee is not piratical but understanding each of us have had our own experiences with whatever side of the fence you are on (cg or patient) i can see how someone could look for a way to not have their time wasted. i had a patient contact me and as we discussed it she mentioned wanting a "50/50 deal" and said that was the way that made most sense as we both can profit. that type of time wasting encounters makes me want to charge people to just speak to me as well lol. i would never do this obviously but maybe someone else is fed up or keeps running into this type of encounter as the patient i spoke to didn't come up with this on their own the spoke of it as if it was common which means lots of patients out here must feel the same. like mentioned free market makes asking for the moon possible but it also allows others to just ask for a pebble and you get to pick who works for you.

i think that there are a lot of CG who are out for the money(400+ an ounce) and hay if they are doing it legally then more power to them,The way i see it if you look around you will find that there are a large group of us who are for the patient and for alternatives that dont cost an arm and a leg.

personally ,i am a CG and i supply my 1 patient(family) for free no money involved,but if i did have another patient i could never sleep with myself at night charging what some of these other guys are....

Short comment on this, caregivers are people folks. Some suck and some don't. That should be the end of it. To lump everyone in the CG group is not good publicity. I feel we earn the name caregiver. If we don't act and charge fairly then were not caregivers, were just MMJ sellers hiding behind the CG card. Were these folks any different 4 years ago. I suspect not. They had it and charged that way. Until a price margin and availability match it will never change. And that is what the big business want.(among other things)if we don't keep the price fair how can we expect the capitalists of commerce to change there ways.

I guess it bugs me as a CG to be associated with these money grabbing folks. I mean make your expenses maybe even a few dollars. But lest we forget the reason for this movement. Was helping each other!!

Again, I want to say thank you to the caregivers/patients I have encountered on this site. My signed caregiver is close to harvest and I've had to rely on a few here to help me through some really rough spots these last few months.

I am a cancer patient and I'm currently going through chemotherapy for ovarian cancer, after recently completing radiation. I've had a number of surgeries, mostly the last 4 months of this past year that have really thrown me for a loop and have been thankful for all the help I've received. So, yes, some caregivers never cease to amaze me either!

I understand the original point here. I've learned that those caregivers that have been in it for a while are the ones that have learned those very valuable lessons about real compassion. I found that they are easier to find than I could have imagined and let those seeking to profit find those that can afford them. There is a niche for us all is what I keep in mind.

Again, thank you to all those that have given me a very valuable service that I appreciate more than words can say. Anything to keep off the darn pain pills to get me through, I appreciate your compassion.

Peace

FTW

Jim

wishing jail on someone on a dispute over prices supply etc is absolutely the right thing to do...you are correct don't tell them and let them get in trouble...let them lose there kids, there jobs,home everything!! you have some serious issues buddy

• 11 months later...

Thank you to all the Caregivers, Merry Christmas!

I have been absoluately blessed this month with gifts, none of which are tangible! All good news from the doctors is my present.

Getting my hands on the capsules has been the real key for me. My tumor is shrinking and softening. Perhaps in the months ahead, they'll be able to remove all of the cancer? I can only hope!

May all you patients find a wonderful caregiver like I have.

Thank you to all the Caregivers, Merry Christmas!

I have been absoluately blessed this month with gifts, none of which are tangible! All good news from the doctors is my present.

Getting my hands on the capsules has been the real key for me. My tumor is shrinking and softening. Perhaps in the months ahead, they'll be able to remove all of the cancer? I can only hope!

May all you patients find a wonderful caregiver like I have.

Merry Christmas to you! I hope your tumor shrinks and totaly disapears and you dont need any surgery! :thumbsu: Than would be so Awsome!

I have been fortunate to have an awsome c.g also, 2nd one, first was not realy expereinced enough thats all im gonna say about it, when I changed c.g's, when I sent in c.g change forms, I also sent my c.g the same thing with a note, Thank you but its time for me to move on! that gives them enough time to do what they feel necissarry to stay within their limits!

Let me start by saying I am not starting this thread to rant about "uncompassionate" caregivers. We all know that there are many degrees of compassion and not everyones definition of compassion is the same. That topic has pretty much been explored from every angle and always causes a "great debate".

BUT

When I read a post from a caregiver on this forum that requires a $25 application fee before they can even be considered as a patient, I see RED :growl: I am an educated person who understands that CG's need to be compensated for their time and money invested, but to be required to pay $25 to be "considered" as a patient is insulting!! I know we have many imbeciles in this world and plenty within our "mmj community" and I always try to be tolerant. I also understand that some are just out to make money, but typically even those just trying to make money realize they must provide a service. Is reading over an application for mmj caregiver and approving or declining someone really a "service".

This in my eyes is not a service, more of a disservice!!

I would just like to say to that group of CG's....SHAME ON YOU!!! Good luck in your endeavors and I hope you learn quickly!!

(Obviously this is just one persons opinion and in no way reflects the feeling and opinions of the MMMA or mmj community.)

IMO you need to examine the intent.For example I run a tight ship as far as staying within the law and not causing attention.I have considered some type of application fee for running a criminal background check.I dont need a patient who goes to jail all the time for stupid bunny muffin which would bring unwanted attention to our pt/cg relationship.In this example the $ would not be going to me but to the safety of all parties involved in cg/pt circle.I wouldn't want to jepordize other non trouble causing pt's supply of meds!You gotta think about this from all angles before thinking its for greedy purposes(which it could be).

Archived